Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5 (Read 237617 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

foobar2000 0.9.6 beta 5 now available here.

Change log:
  • Media Library now automatically keeps track of any changes made to its folders; no more need to manually rescan them.
  • Improved compatibility of file type associations with Windows Vista.
  • No more delay when playing/enqueuing files from Windows Explorer.
  • The installer now includes “portable mode” that works in limited user contexts and doesn't make any changes to system configuration, registry, etc.
  • New Converter user interface.
  • Built-in Matroska support.
Please read the release notes before posting about non-working components, thank you. Replies with offtopic/irrelevant info will be deleted.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #1
Yey!
Long awaited!

[edit]Wow, the new converter dialog is great. Much more comprehensive!
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #2
takes a while to import the media library heh

the new converter dialog looks great!

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #3
I like the new converter dialog. Also good riddance to the somewhat-confusing Save All button in the preferences window.
we was young an' full of beans

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #4
Hmm, does that mean that there is now no way to save playlists and settings and such short of actually exiting the program? Or is there something I'm missing?

In any event, awesome new features!

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #5
The changelog very much understates the amount of effort that's gone into this new version. v0.9.6 is fantastic!

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #6
Hmm, does that mean that there is now no way to save playlists and settings and such short of actually exiting the program? Or is there something I'm missing?
It is possible to bind a keyboard shortcut to (hidden) "Save configuration" command as before.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #7
Aha! Wow, I'm brain-dead; I actually have a button bound to this command already and had somehow managed to forget that I'd done it.

In any event, the folder-watching capabilities alone are excellent. And, aside from the brief delay while it imported my library on install, I've not noticed any performance hits as a result. (Which I was kind of fearing, mostly because my computer is old and powered by gerbils.)

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #8
for info : New foobar components incompatibility with this new version :

Failed to load DLL: foo_navigator.dll
Reason: This component is not compatible with this version of Windows and needs to be recompiled with a newer version of the foobar2000 SDK; please contact the author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_trackinfo.dll
Reason: This component is not compatible with this version of Windows and needs to be recompiled with a newer version of the foobar2000 SDK; please contact the author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

Failed to load DLL: foo_winamp_spam.dll

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #9
^ foo_winamp_spam v0.98 works for me...

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #10
The new converter dialog is a real hoot, finally true presets. Thank you very much! 

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #11
Doesn't really work here with my music files on a network drive. Scanning seems to exhaust network resources and I end up with an empty library.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #12
I really like the new converter box, and trying to get a handle on the new file type box. I also thought i'd share the plugins that ain't working for me now with this new version.
[!--sizeo:2--][span style=\"font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]
Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: [b]foo_dsp_centercut.dll[/b]

Failed to load DLL: [b]foo_preview.dll[/b]

Failed to load DLL: [b]foo_input_tta.dll[/b]

Failed to load DLL:[b] foo_uie_trackinfo.dll[/b]

Failed to load DLL: [b]foo_input_ofr.dll[/b]

Failed to load DLL: [b]foo_bubble_coverflow.dll[/b]

Failed to load DLL:[b] foo_discogs.dll[/b]

Failed to load DLL: [b]foo_dsp_bs2b.dll[/b]

Failed to load DLL: [b]foo_skip.dll[/b]

[/size]
edit: typo

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #13
@a3aan:
importing my ~260GB music library took me almost half an hour.

did you canceled the import dialog?

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #14
@_oao

Nope. The cancel dialog disappeared by itself leaving an empty library. I then had to restart the network on my server to close connections. Then I restarted Foobar again and read in the settings screen Foobar was scanning. Files appeared in the views until network was exhausted again. At that point the settings screen no longer says scanning but lists error.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #15
Library importing took a while here as well, mine got scanned twice apparently, at the end of the installation and when I ran the program.

I don't use many components besides the default ones and Facets, scrobbler, etc. so no complaints here.
we was young an' full of beans

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #16
Hi, thank you very much, automatic update of Media Library was so needed!.

Crash trying to charge foo_uie_lyrics

Ys
Rozzo

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #17
The automatic immediate library update is really great! Thanks for this feature.

I miss the "save all" button in prefs, but a new shortcut is doing it well now. 

jgro

Moderation: removed offtopic/irrelevant content

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #18
0.9.6 will have full featured album art support?

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #19
I have just noticed that foobar was eating one of my cpu cores.

I wasnt doing any thing stressful, only playing music.

Restarted foobar and all is well again.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #21
All that needs to be done for the old components to work with the new version is to be compiled against a more modern SDK (not even necessarily the newest, but you might as well...) In many cases all that it will take is updating to the latest build of the component.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #22
Does matroska support include tagging? I'm still using banned matroska input because of it.
Sharing delusions since 1991.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #24
Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_queuemanager.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_dsp_centercut.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_edcast.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_dsp_delta.dll

The failures that I had upon upgrade.
:)