Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5 (Read 237864 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #26
Looks good, only 3 1 issues so far:

1) Latest foo_input_dts is incompatible.

2) Latest foo_infobox is incompatible.

3) There seems to be no way to disassociate filetypes by going to the "File>Preferences>'Open Set Program Associations: foobar2000' control panel" dialogue.  This is probably a bug or bad design in Windows Vista (Home Premium, 32 bits); they've made a big mess of filetype associations elsewhere, anyway 

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #27
1) Latest foo_input_dts is incompatible.

Wrong.

3) There seems to be no way to disassociate filetypes by going to the "File>Preferences>'Open Set Program Associations: foobar2000' control panel" dialogue.  This is probably a bug or bad design in Windows Vista (Home Premium, 32 bits); they've made a big mess of filetype associations elsewhere, anyway 

Well, obviously, you're going to re-associate them with something else, so why not eliminate the middle step? Or was your plan to leave them unassociated?

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #28
foobar2000 0.9.6 beta 1 now available here.

Change log:
  • Media Library now automatically keeps track of any changes made to its folders; no more need to manually rescan them.

Hello!

According to the release not it is no longer possible to refresh the media library manually or to disable the automatic scanning.

I think this is a major drawback if you work e.g. remote over a VPN through a slow (mobile) connection and the network is overloaded and this is done automatically in the background.

So I would prefer:
1.) Option to disable automatic scanning
2.) Refresh media library manually.

=================
Folder watching

Unlike all previous versions, the Media Library now automatically tracks changes made to the content of your Media Library folders. It is no longer necessary or even possible to manually remove dead items or refresh the content of the Media Library.
=================

Wiesl

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #29
wow massive massive thankyou to the library scanning functionality.. been looking for this since I started using foobar.. I can finally get rid of foo_bind.. all the other features are awesome too.. Peter and co my hats off to you!!!

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #30
Will 0.9.6 final coincide with the long awaited UIelement SDK release?
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #31
Failed to load DLL: foo_amipwrapper.dll
Reason: This component is not compatible with this version of Windows and needs to be recompiled with a newer version of the foobar2000 SDK; please contact the author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #32
Wrong.

Ah, many thanks!  I was using the version available here, unaware that development had continued.  I suspect being able to read German might have led me to your page and the updated version.

Well, obviously, you're going to re-associate them with something else, so why not eliminate the middle step? Or was your plan to leave them unassociated?

For the time being, I was planning to leave them unassociated.  I wanted to nuke my filetype associations for media files entirely and reset them.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #33
One time media library import at 1 hour and counting ... I cant wait to see the improvements though.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #34
Matroska files tagged with banned component cannot be tagged by new foobar2000. Though I guess it's not foobar2000 fault, because simple remuxing with mkvtoolnix (open mkvtoolnix, drag'n'drop matroska file, click Start Muxing) fixes this issue.

Thanks for adding this support to foobar2000. Now I don't have to worry that part of my music will become unsupported with next update.
Sharing delusions since 1991.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #36

foobar2000 0.9.6 beta 1 now available here.

Change log:
  • Media Library now automatically keeps track of any changes made to its folders; no more need to manually rescan them.

[...]
I think this is a major drawback if you work e.g. remote over a VPN through a slow (mobile) connection and the network is overloaded and this is done automatically in the background.

So I would prefer:
1.) Option to disable automatic scanning
2.) Refresh media library manually.
[...]

Wiesl

I second that.

I like the idea of an automatic library update a lot, but please give us the option, if we want to use this feature. My music files are on an external harddisk, which is not always connected. It's mounted as an usual folder, which is empty, if the harddisk is not connected.
My question in that case is: No files in folder -> empty music library?

With regards,
mister_tee

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #37
Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_queuemanager.dll
Reason: This component is not compatible with this version of Windows and needs to be recompiled with a newer version of the foobar2000 SDK; please contact the author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

Failed to load DLL: foo_amipwrapper.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_run.dll

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #40
The by many long desired automatic updating of library is something I want to have a choice in. My entire workflow in foobar is made around the fact that it wasn't autoupdating, unless I wanted it to, by dropping music in a playlist or enqueuing it from foldercontext. I really loved the way this worked. Please add an option to switch to good old manual rescan instead of auto. (If you used foobar2000 the way it was meant you never had to rescan the library anyway!)

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #41
I like optional autoscan too.

Also a more limited/local rescan would be cool. Like 'rescan containing folder' or rescan folder (with subfolders) in folder views.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #42
i've just noticed that when i change tags with a third-party app (mp3tag), the tags are now automatically updated in foobar!

is this more of the media library autoscan magic?

thanks!

ps: btw, how do the autoscan behaves with music stored in external drives? If i disconnect my usb hdd, foobar keeps the "offline" tracks in the library?

i'm a little afraid of loosing my playback statistics... 

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #43
I like optional autoscan too.
To all those who want the old media library behavior back: I didn't see any good reasoning for this to happen in this thread. Besides the fact that I think it's quite unlikely to happen anyway, I just want to point out that you guys should rather talk about what exactly doesn't work the way it should and give details about the technical environment within which you use foobar2000. This way the developer gets a picture of possibly existing flaws and can do the research on his own to find a solution. Crying for option x,y won't achieve anything.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #45

2) Latest foo_infobox is incompatible.

wrong again 

Failed to load DLL: Foo_Infobox.dll

Still broken    I'm on Vista Home Premium 32bits, BTW.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #46
After installing the new foo_input_ofr (thanks Sounds Blast!) OptimFROG files form my library folder haven't been added automatically to the foobar library; moreover, even dragging them into a playlist doesn't help. The only way to make them appear in the library is to remove database.dat and restart foobar.

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #47
I just want to point out that you guys should rather talk about what exactly doesn't work the way it should and give details about the technical environment within which you use foobar2000.
Just installed beta 1 on my laptop with networked media library. It took about 3 minutes to 'import media library', which is reasonable enough. Comments:
1. Taskbar entry with title "Please Wait" - no
2. Some progress reporting when importing Media library would be better.
3. If network path is unavailable, there is console spam every 10 seconds - "Folder watching failure: The network path was not found.".

foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 5

Reply #48
I recompiled foo_discogs with the latest SDK to make the plugin compatible with foobar 0.9.6 under Vista.
Also removed foo_custominfo support from this version as it's marked deprecated.

v1.14: http://bubbleguuum.free.fr/foo_discogs/foo_discogs.dll