Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: (valid?) mp4 but no video (Read 5360 times) previous topic - next topic

(valid?) mp4 but no video

hi,

after i played around with some encoders and other stuff, i got my (valid?) mp4 file. heres the info of it:

* Movie Info *
        Timescale 600 - Duration 01:45:42.920
        Fragmented File no - 4 tracks
        File Brand isom - version 1
File has root IOD
Scene PL 1 - Graphics PL 1 - OD PL 1 - Visual PL 1 - Audio PL 43

Track # 1 Info - TrackID 201 - TimeScale 25000 - Duration 01:45:42.920
Media Type "vide" - Media Sub Type "MPEG" - 158573 samples
MPEG-4 Config: Visual Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 32
MPEG-4 Visual Size 720 x 304 - Simple Profile @ Level 1
Synchronized on stream 1

Track # 2 Info - TrackID 101 - TimeScale 48000 - Duration 01:45:42.122
Media Type "soun" - Media Sub Type "MPEG" - 297287 samples
MPEG-4 Config: Audio Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 64
MPEG-4 Audio AAC LC - 6 Channels - SampleRate 48000
Synchronized on stream 1

Track # 3 Info - TrackID 2 - TimeScale 600 - Duration 00:00:01.000
Track is present in Root OD
Media Type "odsm" - Media Sub Type "MPEG" - 1 samples
MPEG-4 Config: ObjectDescriptor Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 1
Synchronized on stream 1

Track # 4 Info - TrackID 1 - TimeScale 600 - Duration 00:00:01.000
Track is present in Root OD
Media Type "sdsm" - Media Sub Type "MPEG" - 1 samples
MPEG-4 Config: SceneDescription Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 2
Self-synchronized

If i play the file with winamp, i can hear the sound (6-channel but no Dolby Digital-Mode on my 5.1-receiver) but i cannot see a video. cant winamp play those video files?

which software should i use to check if the mp4 is valid? is there any? and which app is good for playing those files? i prefer WMP, it plays everthing except mp4

Reply #1
If you download Nero 7.5, you can use Nero ShowTime to play the videos.  Additionally, Nero ShowTime allows you to play back standard mpeg-4 and mpeg-4 AVC videos through Windows Media Player.  There are also some plug-ins you can download for WMP playback of mpeg-4 and mpeg-4 AVC videos, I am just not sure if these plug-ins allow for multi-chanel audio output.

Reply #2
If you download Nero 7.5, you can use Nero ShowTime to play the videos.  Additionally, Nero ShowTime allows you to play back standard mpeg-4 and mpeg-4 AVC videos through Windows Media Player.  There are also some plug-ins you can download for WMP playback of mpeg-4 and mpeg-4 AVC videos, I am just not sure if these plug-ins allow for multi-chanel audio output.

Thanks but i dont gonna install Nero on this Computer. After Nero i cant listen to Divx+AC3 movies anymore. One of Neros Audio-Codecs overwrites mine so windows wants to use neros but this doesnt work. AND i dont want Nero Scout on any machine...its an annoying tool.

I got Nero 7 Premium Reloaded or how do they call it and get the aacenc.dll for besweet + belight (direct AC3 to AAC conversion, useable are Nero Encoder, FAAC, Winamp and 3GP standard.

well, first i have to proove that my mp4-files are valid. if i cannot play them in winamp but in nero showtime i dont need mp4. it has to be playable on any computer/software/etc. which supports ISMA mp4 format.

Reply #3
shame on winamp, i thought i were able to play mp4 audio AND video but it only can handle audio

nero showtime played my mp4 perfectly and it accepts the AAC 6-channel  .. now i have to connect my speakers using the three "headset" connectors