Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Who can reach 10 kbps with aac+v2 ? (Read 4666 times) previous topic - next topic

Who can reach 10 kbps with aac+v2 ?

dear people,
what encoder which using in winamp 5.1> for rip aac+v2 ?
i cant find similar encoder in another software, which can reach 10 kbps mono in good quality,
Nero maximum only 16 kbps (in manual & my experiment). I want to convert mp3 to aac+, not ripping, please tell me what software which can do that ?

Reply #1
You want HE-AAC v1, because v2 is Parametric Stereo.
In any case, why do you need such a low bitrate?

Reply #2
you could try iTunes' encoder but according to a topic around here that i've seen, it has some kind of bug that hasn't been fixed yet.

Reply #4
I don't understand your question.... Winamp 5.3 here, and selecting "MP4/aacPlus (HE-AAC) Encoder v1.21" gives me 8kbps as lowest bitrate. Or did you want exactly 10kbps?

Edit : samplerate -> bitrate :S

Reply #5
I think that option was only added to 5.3, I don't believe older versions supported 8kbps.

Reply #6
I think that option was only added to 5.3, I don't believe older versions supported 8kbps.
Yes they did (IIRC).  Use the commandline frontend that dimzon made for enc_aacplus.dll.
Vorbis-q0-lowpass99
lame3.93.1-q5-V9-k-nspsytune