Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "AACplus V1" & "AACplus V2" encoders (Read 14427 times) previous topic - next topic

"AACplus V1" & "AACplus V2" encoders

Hi
I am looking for encoders which can encode me from uncompressed audio(wav) to AACplus audio for following cases

case1 - from wav to AACplus V1 in .aac file(means probably raw aac)
case2 - from wav to AACplus V2 in .aac file(means probably raw aac)

case3 - from wav to AACplus V1 in .m4a file(means in m4a format)
case4 - from wav to AACplus V2 in .m4a file(means in m4a format)

Can anyone please guide me in getting the AAC plus encoders that can do the above cases.

Thanks in advance for the help

Sabeel
mk_Sabeel@yahoo.co.in

Reply #1
m4a is mp4, which f.ex. Nero AAC encoder outputs. You should be able to demux the stream to get the raw .aac format. I got lost on that one too

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't realise that aacPlus are slightly different from aac.

Edit2: The reference code seems to output raw aac and dbPowerAmp has a compile.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #2
"Nevermind, I didn't realise that aacPlus are slightly different from aac."

aacPlus is AFAIK a brand name but the format itself is HE-AAC - no more, no less.
Wavpack Hybrid: one encoder for all scenarios
WavPack -c4.5hx6 (44100Hz & 48000Hz) ≈ 390 kbps + correction file
WavPack -c4hx6 (96000Hz) ≈ 768 kbps + correction file
WavPack -h (SACD & DSD) ≈ 2400 kbps at 2.8224 MHz

Reply #3

aacPlus is AFAIK a brand name but the format itself is HE-AAC - no more, no less.
That was also my impression.
HE-AAC v1 profile uses Spectral Band Replication (SBR) for regeneration of high-frequency signal components to achieve coding gain of more than 30% compared to MPEG-4 AAC LC. Additionally, v2 profile uses PS (Parametric Stereo) to achieve further reduction in bitrate.
Source
Appearently the -he and -hev2 switches in Nero AAC encoder forces the use of aacPlus v1 and v2. Also read this post

Reply #4

That was also my impression.
HE-AAC v1 profile uses Spectral Band Replication (SBR) for regeneration of high-frequency signal components to achieve coding gain of more than 30% compared to MPEG-4 AAC LC. Additionally, v2 profile uses PS (Parametric Stereo) to achieve further reduction in bitrate.
Source
Appearently the -he and -hev2 switches in Nero AAC encoder forces the use of aacPlus v1 and v2. Also read this post

Hi

Thank You for the information,
I downloaded the latest Nero digital audio encoder from nero site,
but havent found the "-he and -hev2 switches" in Nero AAC encoder,Can u please guide what the problem is..
Also,suppose Nero gives me the output AAC plus files in Mp4 container..can  u please tell me any demultiplexer/stripper that will give me or remove ".aac plus v1 file" from the Mp4 container and give me it in the .aac format.

Thank You in advance for the help
Sabeel
mk_sabeel@yahoo.co.in

Reply #5
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=44310
Code: [Select]
*  Nero Digital Audio Reference MPEG-4 & 3GPP Audio Encoder *
*  Copyright (C) 2006 Nero AG                               *
*  All Rights Reserved Worldwide                            *
*  See -help for a complete list of available parameters.   *

Usage:
neroAacEnc.exe [options] -if <input-file> -of <output-file>

Where:
<input-file>  : Path to source file to encode.
                The file must be in Microsoft WAV format and contain PCM data.
                Specify - to encode from stdin.
<output-file> : Path to output file to encode to, in MP4 format.

==== Available options: ====

Quality/bitrate control:
-q <number>   : Enables "target quality" mode.
                <number> is a floating-point number in 0...1 range.
-br <number>  : Specifies "target bitrate" mode.
                <number> is target bitrate in bits per second.
-cbr <number> : Specifies "target bitrate (streaming)" mode.
                <number> is target bitrate in bits per second.
                When neither of above quality/bitrate options is used,
                the encoder defaults to equivalent of -q 0.5

Multipass encoding:
-2pass        : Enables two-pass encoding mode.
                Note that two-pass more requires a physical file as input,
                rather than stdin.
-2passperiod  : Overrides two-pass encoding bitrate averaging period,
  <number>    : in milliseconds.
              : Specify zero to use least restrictive value possible (default).

Advanced features / troubleshooting:
-lc           : Forces use of LC AAC profile (HE features disabled)
-he           : Forces use of HE AAC profile (HEv2 features disabled) <------------------------HERE!
-hev2         : Forces use of HEv2 AAC profile <-------------------------------------------------HERE!
                Note that the above switches (-lc, -he, -hev2) should not be
                used; optimal AAC profile is automatically determined from
                quality/bitrate settings when no override is specified.
-hinttrack      Generates an RTP hint track in output MP4 file.
-ignorelength : Ignores length signaled by WAV headers of input file.
                Useful for certain frontends using stdin.

mp4UI http://mp4ui.sourceforge.net/
WavPack 5.7.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #6
Thnx for the info

Can u please tell me what are the maximum bitrates and minimum bitrates that should be used for AAC plus v1 and AAC plus v2 and what is the min and max sampling frequency to be used for AACplus v1 and AAC plus v2.

Also can anyone please tell me how to verify that SBR tool is encoded with AAC plus v1 and similarly "SBR and PS tools" are present in the AAC plus v2 file.How do to verify these.Should i need to see any headers or some tool that will give me this cross verification information.

Thanks in advance for help
Sabeel
mk_sabeel@yahoo.co.in

Reply #7
Can u please tell me what are the maximum bitrates and minimum bitrates that should be used for AAC plus v1 and AAC plus v2 and what is the min and max sampling frequency to be used for AACplus v1 and AAC plus v2.

the usual bitrates for aacv2 are from 24 to 48, and for v1 from 32 to 64. The limits are greater than that, though.
As for the frequency, I don't have the info here right now, but the allowed samplerates of AAC should be possible (taking in consideration that SBR means half the samplerate for the AAC stream, but forget this if I am confusing you)

Also can anyone please tell me how to verify that SBR tool is encoded with AAC plus v1 and similarly "SBR and PS tools" are present in the AAC plus v2 file.How do to verify these.Should i need to see any headers or some tool that will give me this cross verification information.

No need to check or verify. It is this way. HE-AAC == aacPlusv1 , HE-AACv2 == aacPlusv2  . "aacPlus" is just a trademark.

Reply #8
Hi...
i used Nero AAC digital audio encoders...it seems to be having problem with 32kHz frequency...if i use a 32khz wave file..the encoder doesnt encode and returns the message that encoder configuration is not correct..
Can any one please tell me why..and Also what is the range of frequence for AAC-LC and AAC plus v1 & AAC plus v2

Thanks in advance
Sabeel

Reply #10
ds

Can any one please tell me why...

because this encoder is not tuned for such frequencies.

Also what is the range of frequence for AAC-LC and AAC plus v1 & AAC plus v2

> 32 KHz

so if it is that encoder,is not tuned to this frequency...in other words..does nero doesnt support frequency lesser than 32khz(which means that it is just that nero is not supporting it when it should have)...and also what about the standard saying...does aacplusv1 and aacplusv2 support frequencies lesser than 32khz?

Reply #11
Can any one please tell me why...

because this encoder is not tuned for such frequencies.

Also what is the range of frequence for AAC-LC and AAC plus v1 & AAC plus v2

> 32 KHz

Would you like to prove your statement? According to datasheet from http://www.nero.com/nerodigital/eng/ND_Audio_Datasheet.html "Supported sampling rates: 8 kHz to 96 kHz".
Just now I've encoded without any problem 32 kHz wav file.

Reply #13
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....275&st=125#

Sorry, my dear kurtnoise, it seems that you really don't understand my very simple question. Quotation of outdated post (#127, I hope) related to previous version of encoder (even if this post is written by Garf) is not IMHO the best way to prove your statement.
And the last information for you and the whole HA community, I've encoded successfully (using neroaacenc.exe 1.0.0.2 from 26 May 2006) 22.05 kHz wav file.
So please don't post only noise.

Reply #14
Tried with a small sample resampled at 22050 Hz and then encoded with Nero Digital: foobar2000 says that file is LC-AAC; Audition (faad) says HE-AAC - and my own perceptual system (i.e. my ears and also my eyes) can't detect any trace of SBR layer.

I would say that Nero's encoder forces the use of LC on such material.
Wavpack Hybrid: one encoder for all scenarios
WavPack -c4.5hx6 (44100Hz & 48000Hz) ≈ 390 kbps + correction file
WavPack -c4hx6 (96000Hz) ≈ 768 kbps + correction file
WavPack -h (SACD & DSD) ≈ 2400 kbps at 2.8224 MHz

Reply #15
Hi
The proof is,when i use nero audio encoder and when i encoded a 32khz and 22.05khz file for -he and -hev2 switches for AACplusv1 and AACplusv2 i got the following error
_______________________________________________________________________________________
*  Nero Digital Audio Reference MPEG-4 & 3GPP Audio Encoder *
*  Copyright © 2006 Nero AG                              *
*  All Rights Reserved Worldwide                            *
*  Package build date: May 26 2006                          *
*  See -help for a complete list of available parameters.  *

ERROR: Unsupported encoding configuration

______________________________________________________________________________________

Although, when i used the nero encoder with -lc switch(for AAC LC) it worked perfectly fine.

I think Nero encoder encodes the wave files for 32khz or lesser frequency as a AAC LC and doesnt support AACplusV1 and AACplusV2 for, lesser than or equal to 32khz frequencies.
and
the datasheet of nero"http://www.nero.com/nerodigital/eng/ND_Audio_Datasheet.html" says that 8-96khz is supported..but i think the problem with that datasheet is,it is not clearly specifying that wether 8-96khz is supported for AACplusv1 and AACplusv2...it just says 8-96khz is supported...it needs to be more specific...

Hence i feel that,AACplusv1 and AACplusv2 is not supported for <=32khz frequencies.

Please Update asap
Thanks
Sabeel
mk_sabeel@yahoo.co.in

Reply #16
Why don't you try the reference encoder included in dbPowerAmp? The developer said that the reference code only used 32 khz as input, but he has optimized it to use other sample rates. I'm not sure about the quality though.

Reply #17
Why don't you try the reference encoder included in dbPowerAmp? The developer said that the reference code only used 32 khz as input, but he has optimized it to use other sample rates. I'm not sure about the quality though.

Yeah sure
But what about nero...we need to clear this confusion..so guys any answers for neros problem as stated in my previous post

Reply #18

Yeah sure
But what about nero...we need to clear this confusion..so guys any answers for neros problem as stated in my previous post

I don't see why you are confused? If it fails, it's most likely not possible (or *maybe* a bug), but with it's simple usage I doubt that it can be tweaked to make it work.

Reply #19
You guys are confused between what the spec says is possible (which means: what a decoder must be able to handle) and whatever the current implementation of the encoder allows you to do.

Some stupid combinations might be possible by the spec, but rejected by the encoder because they're silly.

I would say that HE-AAC at low samplingrates is one of them.

If you want the official HE-AAC specs you can get them from ISO. Implementations of HE-AAC such as aacPlus and NeroDigital may have different, more stricter limits that are stilll compatible with the official specs.

It was already pointed out to you that AACplus is just a trademark from a specific company. It's not a standard. The question doesn't really make any sense, because it's impossible to know what you are talking about.

Reply #20
Hi
I am looking for encoders which can encode me from uncompressed audio(wav) to AACplus audio for following cases

case1 - from wav to AACplus V1 in .aac file(means probably raw aac)
case2 - from wav to AACplus V2 in .aac file(means probably raw aac)

case3 - from wav to AACplus V1 in .m4a file(means in m4a format)
case4 - from wav to AACplus V2 in .m4a file(means in m4a format)

Can anyone please guide me in getting the AAC plus encoders that can do the above cases.

Thanks in advance for the help

Only one encoder can give you all cases, that encoder is Coding Technologies AAC Plus encoder. You can download it from http://www.box.net/public/c1mrbbcq7g. This is a cli variant with this commandline options, and i think that can handle all input samplerates

Code: [Select]
* AACPlus v2 Encoder (using Winamp 5.3 enc_aacplus.dll)
* Source timestamp Thu Sep 28 12:03:37 2006
* Build Sep 28 2006, 12:03:42
* NOTE! enc_aacplus.dll and nscrt.dll must be into executable directory
*       get it from Winamp 5.3 plugins directory
Usage:
        enc_aacPlus <wav_file> <bitstream_file> [options]
Options:
        --cbr  <bitrate> - Set bitrate (CBR) to <bitrate> bps. Default is 48000
        --nops  - Disable Parametric Stereo
        --is  - Prefer Independed Stereo
        --dc  - Prefer Dual Channels
        --mpeg2aac  - Produce MPEG2 AAC isntead of MPEG4 AAC
        --lc  - Encode LC-AAC instead AAC+ (bitrate up to 320000)
        --high  - use aacPlusHigh Encoder (bitrate up to 256000, multichannel is
not supported)
        --speech - tune Encoder Engine for Speech
        --pns - Enable Perceptual Noise Subsitution
        --mp4box  - Wrap result into MPEG4 container (MP4BOX.EXE must be into ex
ecutable directory)
        --rawpcm <rate> <cnt> <bp>      - Signal RAW PCM input intead of WAV
                <rate>  - Samplerate in Hz (32000, 44100 or 48000)
                <cnt>   - Channels count (1 or 2)
                <bp>    - Bit's per sample (8 or 16)
WARNING: this encoder can read and encode data from stdin:
        use - as input filename

Both .aac and .mp4 extensions supported. only you need to define output file name with .aac or .mp4 extension

Reply #21
To have a proper .mp4, you actually need mp4box.exe in the same dir and specify --mp4box in the command line. Otherwise, it'll output raw aac, just with the wrong extension.

Reply #22
To have a proper .mp4, you actually need mp4box.exe in the same dir and specify --mp4box in the command line. Otherwise, it'll output raw aac, just with the wrong extension.
Yes. Everything is in package, enc_aacplus.exe, enc_aacplus.dll, lastest mp4box, and readme.

Reply #23
Yeah, I noticed that after downloading it. Also, thanks for pointing it out, I didn't know there was a new version! I only check the BeHappy workspace, and that's not posted there. Found it on the doom9 forums after a little bit of googling.