Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Next Foobar version - when and what? (Read 33965 times) previous topic - next topic

Next Foobar version - when and what?

So, we've got a very sweet and stable 0.8.3; thank you so much Peter and the rest of the team.

Is there a new version in the works, and if so when is it targeted to be released and what changes are planned?  Do we need a wishlist thread?
Was that a 1 or a 0?

Reply #1
last i heard, the word was that you probably wont see it this year.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #2
Do we need a wishlist thread?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253093"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No. They're very rarely actually useful. They tend to be more just an annoyance to the developers.

Reply #3
Do we need a wishlist thread?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253093"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No. They're very rarely actually useful. They tend to be more just an annoyance to the developers.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253099"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not really in a hurry for a new version - 0.8.3 is great.  I don't have a problem without a wish list - would like to know whats coming though.
Was that a 1 or a 0?

Reply #4
last i heard, the word was that you probably wont see it this year.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253094"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not bad considering there's only 2 months left. 0.9 is highly anticipated and I'm sure something major is coming up.

Reply #5
I am visiting foobar2000.org almost every day to see if version 0.9 has come. I am anxious

Reply #6
me too! kinda miss those times when there were frequent updates!
everybody's a jerk. you, me, this jerk!

Reply #7
me too! kinda miss those times when there were frequent updates!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253334"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Me too. If I'm not mistaken, this is the longest drought we've had for new version since the begining. Its not a big deal or anything, but hopefully this means when the new version does come, it will be freaking SCHEWEEET

Reply #8
Me too. If I'm not mistaken, this is the longest drought we've had for new version since the begining. Its not a big deal or anything, but hopefully this means when the new version does come, it will be freaking SCHEWEEET
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah..  I'd say 8.3 has been very cool except 1 thing. the 4 chanel output that used to work so nice, doesnt any more. that was THE reason i switched from winamp. but it has been totally stable. i usually have 3000+ songs on the playlist and it has not crashed. ever. its playing almost all the time and its always in the tray and running a load of plugins.

i dread v9.0 because theres some plugins that might not work so well with it. its the plugins that make this program. see.. [a href="http://p56.ath.cx:1980/foobar.png]Screenshot of my foobar. 56k = wait[/url]

Reply #9
Screenshot of my foobar. 56k = wait

Hmm, standard question: What style are you using?
Always defragment your MP3s to avoid subtle lack in harmonics.

Reply #10
Yeah..  I'd say 8.3 has been very cool except 1 thing. the 4 chanel output that used to work so nice, doesnt any more.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=254461"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

"works here"™

Maybe you need to put the "Convert stereo to 4 channels" dsp in your list of active dsp plugins?
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #11
Hmm, standard question: What style are you using?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

for windows? Luna VX. v3.31.  i modified the start button icon a bit too. here it is.
[a href="http://p56.ath.cx:1980/LunaVX.rar]LunaVX.rar[/url]

"works here"™

Maybe you need to put the "Convert stereo to 4 channels" dsp in your list of active dsp plugins?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=254631"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i do, and there is 4 channel sound. but it is not stereo x2. i dont like how the front and the rear have different sounds.

Reply #12

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=254631"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i do, and there is 4 channel sound. but it is not stereo x2. i dont like how the front and the rear have different sounds.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=254669"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Blame your soundcard / drivers. Maybe look in your soundcard's mixer app / driver control interface for appropriate settings for the rear channels.

"Convert stereo to 4 channels" just duplicates the stereo channels to the rear channels, it does not do any processing whatsoever.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #13
i dread v9.0 because theres some plugins that might not work so well with it. its the plugins that make this program. see.. Screenshot of my foobar. 56k = wait
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=254461"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well since the theme was already asked. What plugin are you using?

Reply #14
Bump.  Any news on "0.9?"
Was that a 1 or a 0?

Reply #15
Bump.  Any news on "0.9?"
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272132"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, same old story. It will be released when it's ready 

Reply #16
Yeah, same old story. It will be released when it's ready 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272133"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

some things will never change

-daz

Reply #17
Hi DrO.

Reply #18
The thing's pretty much perfect surely. Why not just slap ver 1.0 on it and be done with it?

Reply #19
I could see the changelog now:

1.0.0:
- improved version number to 1.0.0
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']"We will restore chaos"-Bush on Iraq[/span]

Reply #20
Why not just slap ver 1.0 on it and be done with it?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272233"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Because people are hard to please.
f to c to f to c

Reply #21
Why not just slap ver 1.0 on it and be done with it?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272233"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Because people are hard to please.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272239"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think the person who sets the highest standards for foobar's development is Peter himself.

Reply #22
Yeah, that's a good point.
f to c to f to c

Reply #23
some things will never change

-daz
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272185"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Indeed 

And hi DrO and welcome to the forums.

Reply #24
off topic:: hello people

on topic::  everyone wants to have a new build of something (even me at times) and in most cases if there's nothing now for 6 months then it's dead, etc, etc which often isn't the case (i know i work on things for the player that shall not be named but i've left some projects for over a year before coming back to them when they'd appeared to be dead) but hey, that's just people for you

be happy with what you have and if a new version comes along then it's an added bonus (assuming it doesn't break things but that's then what the next new 'fixed' version is for)

-daz