Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: i'm being blocked?!?!?! (Read 17517 times) previous topic - next topic

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #25
You block IP 65.93.xx.xx , i can't access HA whenever i've got IP 65.93.xx.xx 

can somebody remove that auto blocking ?

i have to change my ip address (disconnect and reconnect 2 or 3 times and sometimes more than 10 times)

and that is really starting to irritate me     

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #26
Sympatico areabans have been there since at least 2002, thanks to strong troll population there.
We're not quite going to lift them, especially not for someone who posted offensive material on our forum before.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #27
Since I started using adsl, I can't reach Hydrogen Audio if I am assigned an IP starting with 85.XX. Than I have to swtich my providers proxy server on like ı'm doing now, which starts with 197.175. 
Rarely I'm am asisigned an IP with 212.XX then there is no problem.

OK. but switching the proxy on and off is a problem. (Was a great problem with IE, three cheers for Firefox and its plugins.

regards,
Asral

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #28
I'm sorry if this is getting repetitive, but I'm going to add myself to the users who cannot access HA from home. My ISP is Verizon DSL. Like other users in this thread, I can connect to HA using a proxy server (which is what I'm doing right now), but never directly. I should add that I encountered the same problem earlier this year when I was using a different, dial-up ISP.

The browser is not the problem; I've tried loading hydrogenaudio.org in Mozilla and Firefox and IE, but they all just time out without loading anything.

It's not a DNS problem; I have no difficulty looking up the correct IP address for HA (209.152.181.169) through my DNS server.

I don't believe it's an intermediate connection issue; a traceroute from my computer to HA timed out after reaching 66.0.192.252, but I did a traceroute from another computer that can access HA, and it also timed out after 66.0.192.252.

I tried contacting my ISP's tech support, but they weren't much help -- the support representative told me that they do not block any sites and that the problem is probably with HA.

After reading this thread, I strongly suspect that the problem is HA's firewall. As far as I can tell, Verizon always assigns me an IP in the 70.* range (currently 70.17.66.xx). I realize that a HA admin explicitly stated about two months ago that 70.* addresses are not banned, but I urge the admins to check the firewall settings again to be sure.

One positive aspect of this situation is that it forced me to finally register as a user on HA after being a casual visitor (aka lurker) for about three years. There's a lot of quality discussion here, and I didn't realize how much I missed it until I was unable to access the site for a few months.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #29
Now I'm been in blocked. My IP is 85.76.xx.xx

And I suppose all the 85 started IP addressed is blocked because I have changed it to other 85-base address without any help. Traceroute shows that the block is in our end.

Could someone have time to check HA firefall settings?

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #30
According to what Dibrom said, there are *no* IP ranges blocked on firewall level since last server move. Our hosting provider is having some serious issues.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #31
topini  Posted Yesterday, 11:00 PM . Traceroute shows that the block is in our end.

I tried to say ... Traceroute shows that the block is in YOUR end.

zZzZzZz  Posted Yesterday, 11:08 PM
  According to what Dibrom said, there are *no* IP ranges blocked on firewall level since last server move. Our hosting provider is having some serious issues.

Yep, thats what I thought. Here are last hops in your end what I can see. (Traceroute = www.hydrogenaudio.org)
Maybe some email to edeltacom could help.

Hop 14  IP 205.198.2.86      Time : 144    (pos4-0.ar.sdatlga.aleron.net  |  .NET | Network)
Hop 15  IP 205.198.2.78      Time : 143    (ge3-4.as.sdatlga.aleron.net  |  .NET | Network)
Hop 16  IP 205.198.2.162    Time : 146    (not resolved)
Hop 17  IP 66.35.174.117    Time : 146    (pos6-0.atlngapk24w.cr.deltacom.net  |  .NET | Network)
Hop 18  IP 66.35.174.106    Time : 147    (pos3-0.suwangaeq01w.cr.deltacom.net  |  .NET | Network)
Hop 19  IP 66.35.174.154    Time : 147    (suw02.gig6-0.edeltacom.com  |  .COM | US Commercial)
Hop 20  IP 216.154.207.114  Time : 148    (suwC5.gig4-2.edeltacom.com  |  .COM | US Commercial)
Hop 21  IP 216.154.207.122  Time : 147    (suw0N.gig4-3-6.edeltacom.com  |  .COM | US Commercial)
Hop 22  IP 66.0.192.252      Time : 148    (not resolved)
Hop 23  Error: Request timed out
Done

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #32
Just for notice.
Still blocked and Edeltacom said that problem it's not their routers.
Then it's must be HA server, firewall...

Lots of users are behing 85.xx.xx.xx. Thats pity...

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #33
Who should be notified of this?

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #34
I had many many problems to access HA. A few months ago, I was using Tiscali adsl in france, I just couldn't access HA or foobar2000 pages. Tiscali told me that they gave me an IP number that was sometimes blocked by some firewalls. Now I'm using Wanadoo, another french provider, and HA's forum told me I wasn't permitted to use this board for several weeks. Now everything works.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #35
Could some administrator in this forum finally check why 85.76.xx.xx started IP addressed is blocked. This really is frustrating.

I do understand you may have busy some weeks, but this situation is absurd. It has been like this about two month now!!!

Please be so kind.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #36
Since I started using adsl, I can't reach Hydrogen Audio if I am assigned an IP starting with 85.XX. Than I have to swtich my providers proxy server on like ı'm doing now, which starts with 197.175. 
Rarely I'm am asisigned an IP with 212.XX then there is no problem.

OK. but switching the proxy on and off is a problem. (Was a great problem with IE, three cheers for Firefox and its plugins.

regards,
Asral
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255240"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same issue here when I get an ip starting with 85.* I am getting blocked 
An eye for eye will make the whole world blind

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #37
85.76.* blocked by the whole server here too.
Juha Laaksonheimo

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #38
yeh I'm being blocked unfortunately  My isp is Shaw and my ip is in the 70.xx range.  Right now I'm using their proxy, but it's slow as hell.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #39
FWIW 85.97.* works fine
An eye for eye will make the whole world blind

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #40
I wrote here two months ago about my inability to access HA via Verizon DSL. I am happy to report that I can now connect to HA successfully without having to go through a proxy server. My dynamically assigned IP is different than it was before, but it is still in the 70.17.* range. So if someone did something to fix this, thanks.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #41
We moved to a new server = problems should be solved.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #42
The technical reason is probably that the former server's firewall blocked IP ranges that were marked as "Reserved" by the IANA. But due to the address shortage in IPv4, the IANA has been putting more and more of those reserved ranges into use. As the server's firewalls hadn't been updated, everybody who got an IP in such a new block was left out.

For example, the block 85.x was assigned in July 2004 and 70.x in January 2004.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #43
My IP-range seems to have been blocked for quite a while.

Is it possible you could lift the block? Range: 80.202.*.*

Thanks.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #44
Since several weeks I got a new IP in the range 89.49.xxx.xxx

This seems to have been a "reserved" range before - and I cannot access HA from home. First i blamed my provider freenet.de for this, but they are not guilty this time 

This is tracert's output:

1    15 ms    5 ms    5 ms  192.168.2.1
  2    *        *        *    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
  3    65 ms    63 ms    62 ms  G3-0.sgt2-g2.mcbone.net [62.104.195.38]
  4    67 ms    67 ms    65 ms  lo0-0.ffm4-j.mcbone.net [62.104.191.203]
  5    91 ms    90 ms    87 ms  ge3-0.pr1.lhr1.uk.above.net [195.66.224.76]
  6  181 ms  179 ms  181 ms  pos3-0.mpr1.lhr1.uk.above.net [208.184.231.69]
  7    89 ms    86 ms    87 ms  so-4-1-0.cr1.lhr3.uk.above.net [208.184.231.174]
  8  164 ms  166 ms  163 ms  so-7-0-0.cr1.dca2.us.above.net [64.125.31.186]
  9  180 ms  175 ms  182 ms  so-4-1-0.mpr2.atl6.us.above.net [64.125.29.41]
10  190 ms  174 ms  233 ms  so-0-0-0.mpr1.atl6.us.above.net [64.125.27.49]
11  187 ms  186 ms  185 ms  so-4-3-0.mpr2.iah1.us.above.net [64.125.31.25]
12    *        *        *    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
13    *        *        *    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
14    *        *        *    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #45
Since several weeks I got a new IP in the range 89.49.xxx.xxx

This seems to have been a "reserved" range before - and I cannot access HA from home. First i blamed my provider freenet.de for this, but they are not guilty this time  
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355996"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not a problem at our end. Your traceroute already shows this, btw. You don't even get to the server.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #46
I had frequent connection problems with freenet in the past. Unreachable targets and a crawl-like connections to certain countries(i.e. japan) were not an exception, but the norm. After 3 months, i had enough of it, changed to another ISP, and everything suddenly was fine.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.