Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TOS violation vs RESPECT violation (Read 38251 times) previous topic - next topic

TOS violation vs RESPECT violation

Reply #100
A listening tests archive could be easily created in the Wiki, and is probably a better place for that than the forum.

I second that
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356286"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Even though I think this is a bit off-topic...

I support the suggestion. However the main page is (and should be) locked against vandalism. Now if only the maintainer of the Wiki would add a section like this:

=[[Listening Tests]]=
From time to time, HydrogenAudio members conducted listening tests, either public ones or private ones. These listening test should be valuable in gauging the performance of various digital audio techniques, e.g. compression, transcoding, etc., '''on a certain point in time'''.

It should be noted that these tests may become obsoleted by newer enhancements in the techniques. So please ensure that there's no newer tests before drawing conclusions.

The complete, categorized listening tests can be found [[Listening Tests|here]]

Then I'll go to the "Listening Tests" page and try to include all listening tests there.

On the other hand, I'll create the "Listening Tests" page anyway... do link to this page from wherever you think it will be suitable...

Reply #101
I know I said I wouldn't post again, but...

I'm on a horse.

Reply #102
On the other hand, I'll create the "Listening Tests" page anyway... do link to this page from wherever you think it will be suitable...[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Done!  The very rudimentary page can be found [a href="http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Listening_Tests]here[/url].

Yes the links are all f***ed up  just a prototype...

Reply #103
On the other hand, I'll create the "Listening Tests" page anyway... do link to this page from wherever you think it will be suitable...[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Done!  The very rudimentary page can be found [a href="http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Listening_Tests]here[/url].

Yes the links are all f***ed up  just a prototype...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356513"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What do you think about two additional columns:
- number of samples
- kind of samples (classical/various/killer/etc...) ?
Wavpack Hybrid: one encoder for all scenarios
WavPack -c4.5hx6 (44100Hz & 48000Hz) ≈ 390 kbps + correction file
WavPack -c4hx6 (96000Hz) ≈ 768 kbps + correction file
WavPack -h (SACD & DSD) ≈ 2400 kbps at 2.8224 MHz

Reply #104
Done!   The very rudimentary page can be found here.

Yes the links are all f***ed up   just a prototype...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356513"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What do you think about two additional columns:
- number of samples
- kind of samples (classical/various/killer/etc...) ?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356514"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Kind of samples I integrate within the "Title" column.

Number of samples... um I think this best described to the page it linked to... e.g. Sebastian's 128-kbps test. What if some samples got only i.e. 5 results, and others got 20+ results? Let whoever organize the test declare this in the target page, no? 

Anyhoo, feel free to modify, edit, beautify, whathaveyou to the page... it's freely editable