Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: i'm being blocked?!?!?! (Read 17537 times) previous topic - next topic

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

since friday i can't access ha from work, i thought it was a downtime, but i could access it from home ... so is my ip being blocked? (i'm now sufring by anonymizer)

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #1
Does your work have a firewall/router in place?  I'd imagine it does.  If so, are you absolutely sure that it's not your work that's filtering out hydrogenaudio.org's IP and/or URL and not the other way around?  That would be the more likely explanation, IMO.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #2
Perhaps our firewalled blocked you for some reason. If you tried to access HA on another port you would get banned.

Only JohnV and Dibrom can check that though.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #3
i haven't tried to acces it other port, but is a proxy ip, so maybe somebody else (i work at a more than 3000 employees company) ... and it would be very weird to be filtered (HA) ... i'm surfing by anonymouse.com now (anonymizer got greedi ) ... so ... can johnV/dribron check plkease? thanks

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #4
Sounds to me like your company's proxy server is blocking access to HA.  It's very possible.  I know that at my Vocational Technical school I go to they have a proxy and it blocks access to virtually any web site related to video games and even some e-mail web sites such as Yahoo! Mail.  Thankfully they haven't blocked HA 

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #5
ALL  YOUR PACKETS ARE BELONG TO US.

BACK TO WORK SLAVE!

#### END COMMUNICATION####

-rt

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #6
I have exactly the same issue since ... eight months!!!

I sent several e-mails to Dibrom and John V... nothing!

I don't understand.

If I want to access to the site I need to go thru my Gprs (it's so slow and so expensive!!!).

If you work it out also for me, I would appreciate.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #7

BACK TO WORK SLAVE!

-rt

Well I can see why the company or organization he works for would block web sites.  The company is paying for that Internet connection and they probably want it used for productive means, not as a form of entertainment for employees.  They are paying him to work and be productive - not to browse the Internet typing posts in forums.

I'm just trying to think like a company would in this situation.  I love surfing web sites I like to visit at school myself so I would be mad if I were in his situation but there isn't much I or he can do about it.  Make friends with the computer maintenance people or network administrator.  That might get you to HA at work 

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #8
No blocking IP on my side, it's my own company...

I know that HA filter a range of IP where I'm located, but I really don't know why 

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #9

BACK TO WORK SLAVE!

-rt

Well I can see why the company or organization he works for would block web sites.  The company is paying for that Internet connection and they probably want it used for productive means, not as a form of entertainment for employees.  They are paying him to work and be productive - not to browse the Internet typing posts in forums.

I'm just trying to think like a company would in this situation.  I love surfing web sites I like to visit at school myself so I would be mad if I were in his situation but there isn't much I or he can do about it.  Make friends with the computer maintenance people or network administrator.  That might get you to HA at work 

part of my job is to researh any new technology ... music is one of them ... but it would be really weird if my company is blocking ... i was never blocked for like 2 years at least ...

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #10
Hmmm, well if the blocking of HA is interfering with your job I would tell your company about it and see if they will unblock HA for you.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #11
I cannot access HA sometimes, too. And I have a private provider. I have to disconnect and hope that some other dynamic IP address will be assigned to me (I am behind a DSL). If yes, HA works again for me.

But it is the only website I know of  that works this way.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #12
Hmmm, well if the blocking of HA is interfering with your job I would tell your company about it and see if they will unblock HA for you.

But you're still assuming it is his company blocking HA. We don't know this for sure and since there has been a number of people complaining about a lack of access to the site (not just in this thread) I suspect the problem lies with HA.
daefeatures.co.uk

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #13
I suspect the problem lies with HA.

I suspect the problem is HA's paranoid firewall.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #14
I'm going to try and work on some server issues, such as tweaking the firewall and handling problems with other 'blocked' users, but I'm really the only one to work on this stuff and I am incredibly busy with school right now (involved in a big conference, papers, finals, etc.).

I probably won't be able to do anything serious until the middle of May or so.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #15
As there is a viable workaround (diconnect until it works, at least for me), there is no real problem. Take your time...

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #16
As there is a viable workaround (diconnect until it works, at least for me), there is no real problem. Take your time...

I would not say the same. I really need it for my work. I'm on a big musical/sound/distribution project.
My work around is very stressing (gprs connexion is slooww and $$). I don't really understand why have been blocked eight month ago??? 

Thanks to enlighten me.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #17
We don't know and Dibrom doesn't have time to check so please be patient as we can't do anything for you ATM.

edit: for the users with problems: can you access the forum when not logged in?
can you access http://doc.hydrogenaudio.org?

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #18
Well, the problem is that everytime my IP address starts with 84, I cannot access HA or any other site hosted by HA. I am totally positive that I never tried accessing the site using other ports or whatever.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #19
Well, the problem is that everytime my IP address starts with 84, I cannot access HA or any other site hosted by HA. I am totally positive that I never tried accessing the site using other ports or whatever.

No such address was banned by us. It must've been an automatic ban.

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #20
It it necessary for the firewall to be so sensitive? What if it only banned an IP address for X-amount of time, like 24 hours or something. That would probably be enough to stop any DOS attacks, and might reduce some of the administration work.

edit: With the understanding that it's often not the firewall that is causing the issue. It was for me though.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #21

No such address was banned by us. It must've been an automatic ban.

You block IP 83.xx.xx... I can't access HA whenever I've got IP 83.xx.xx... I have to connect through the proxy server... Why is that happening... 

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #22
You block IP 83.xx.xx... I can't access HA whenever I've got IP 83.xx.xx... I have to connect through the proxy server... Why is that happening... 

We don't have the 83.* range banned. When did you first have problems accessing HA with that IP?

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #23
HA's firewall may block these anyway. IPs in the 83.* range used to be bogus IPs and were released recently. My provider here in France was assigned some of them several weeks ago and since then I haven't been able to connect to HA and several other sites. A French site managed to solve the problem, which was lying in the firewall's source code. Maybe you should investigate this way...

i'm being blocked?!?!?!

Reply #24
jppie, just want to mentione it: since today i can connect to HA without a proxy by using a 83.* ip.
Thx a lot!