Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burrrn 1.06 (Read 69059 times) previous topic - next topic

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #50
I have never used this program, does it support offset correction?

OT: Thanks for your work with MAC Gambit.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #51
Does Burrrn supports ReplayGained APE-CUE (one big APE file), or WHATEVERAUDIOFILE-CUE when RG info is stored in CUE file (this could be done in foobar), forex:
Code: [Select]
PERFORMER "Thievery Corporation"
TITLE "The Mirror Conspiracy"
REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN -6.73 dB
REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK 0.999969
FILE "thievery corporation - the mirror conspiracy.ape" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "Treasures"
   INDEX 00 00:00:00
   INDEX 01 00:00:32
   REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN -5.53 dB
   REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.999969
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "Le Monde"
   INDEX 01 02:25:30
   REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN -5.48 dB
   REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.999023
 TRACK 03 AUDIO
   TITLE "Indra"
   INDEX 01 05:36:30
   REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN -6.45 dB
   REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.999023
 TRACK 04 AUDIO
   TITLE "Lebanese Blonde"

If not, consider this as feat request

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #52
I just tried it, guess not...

Another feature reqest of mine is for burrrn to show pre-gaps as EAC's writer does.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #53
Just wanted to let you know that the next version will have sample accurate/gapless mp3 decoding, prolly out sometime next week. I think except for the allmighty foobar no other app supports this...

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #54

Gambit, I truly appreciate the work you've done and continue to do with Burrrn.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #55
gapless mp3 decoding

As you see from my postcount I'm new here so a stupid question follows: what will this option exactly do? Up till now I've been using Nero but have a strong urge to leave it behind. I know that when I burned mp3s ripped off CDs they always had some length of silence at the end. Now I'm under the impression that this silence is added during the encoding process and the length figured out of the gap on the original CD. So now when decompressing mp3s this silence is removed and replaced with a gap? 

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #56
Yes, thats about right!  In *new* versions of LAME (3.90 and up) the gap created by the ecoder is written in the LAME tag fobar2000, and apparently the next version of BURRRN will be able to read this tag and thus decode gaplessly.    I think they (or rather foobar) can play other non-LAME mp3s gaplessly too, but don't ask me how. 
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #57
Another question (for Gambit I guess): When Burrrn will read this foobar2000 tag, what will do with it? Decode the mp3 by deleting the gap at the end and replacing it with a gap not at the end of the song itself?

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #58
Yes, really appreciate your work, Gambit! This little proggy are sailing up among those we really like around here, like EAC, fb2k...... Keep it up!
Peace & Love! 
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #59
Just wanted to let you know that the next version will have sample accurate/gapless mp3 decoding, prolly out sometime next week. I think except for the allmighty foobar no other app supports this...

gday..

sounds wonderfull.
as far as i know.. youre spot on..
can you reveal something for us on the decoder
is it your own work..  or a "patch" to a existing one.?

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #60
Another question (for Gambit I guess): When Burrrn will read this foobar2000 tag, what will do with it? Decode the mp3 by deleting the gap at the end and replacing it with a gap not at the end of the song itself?

First of all, it's not a Foobar2000 tag.  With LAME encoded mp3s, there is certain information written to the header of the mp3 that will allow it to support gapless playback with a decoder that utilizes it.  Gapless decodes only will exist if the sound files run concurrently.  If there's a gap between the songs on the original source material, encoded, a gapless decode will still retain that gap because it's supposed to be there.  Gapless encodes get rid of the small gap mp3 encoders are ever so famous for that exist between songs that run together.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #61
OK, I think I get it now, thank you!

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #62
First of all, it's not a Foobar2000 tag. With LAME encoded mp3s, there is certain information written to the header of the mp3 that will allow it to support gapless playback with a decoder that utilizes it.

It's called a LAME tag    which can store all types of useful information including encoder/decoder sample offsets.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #63

gday..

hehe, no, much simpler it is
decode as usual
trim the wav file then
= teh perfect result
easy to do others too

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #64
gapless mp3 decoding

As you see from my postcount I'm new here so a stupid question follows: what will this option exactly do? Up till now I've been using Nero but have a strong urge to leave it behind. I know that when I burned mp3s ripped off CDs they always had some length of silence at the end. Now I'm under the impression that this silence is added during the encoding process and the length figured out of the gap on the original CD. So now when decompressing mp3s this silence is removed and replaced with a gap? 

People already explained it, I just wanna add a bit of technical info on why this silence is added for those that don't know. A mp3 file is made of frames and one frame has 1152 samples. That's why you have to store the info on how much you have padded the file to be able to remove it later.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #65

gday..

hehe, no, much simpler it is
decode as usual
trim the wav file then
= teh perfect result
easy to do others too

gday..

BUOY..

i guess most ppl. don`t see the forest..
for all those trees..

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #66
decode as usual trim the wav file then = teh perfect result easy to do others too

Hey fella, I thought of doing something similar myself (with burnatonce) - different method though but same outcome:  Original wave file length is sent to cdrdao.

However, have you thought about correcting wave files that are not a multiple of 588 samples (assuming cdrdao does add a small gap since I haven't proved this myself).  If you already have the above in place then it should be trivial to add the end of track 1 to track 2.

Jamie

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #67
Hellos Jamie, long time no see... Where is the new burnatonce? 

That 588 samples issue came to my mind but I haven't yet looked at it closely. One reason is very simple. Ussually when you burn something to a CD, most of the time, the stuff you are burning is previously ripped from a CD. So there is no reason why you should have sample track lengths that are not multiples of 588. Get it?

Oh and just btw., you can trim a wav file in virtually no time, but adding something to the beggining of the file would need to rewrite the whole file, which would take a lot more time. Is that what you had in mind?

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #68
Burrrn 1.10

What's new:
    - gapless/sample accurate mp3 decoding (the file must have the appropriate LameTag written, e.g. files encoded with newer compiles of LAME 3.90.3 and LAME versions 3.92 and higher)
    - added function to Extras: "Convert files to Windows format" (not really of much use here, but I use it quite a lot and maybe somebody else will find it useful too )
    - added Russian, updated Spanish and Swedish language (thanks to Alexander Shevchenko, SlavaN, Opossum, AngelGR and magic75)

Currently only the burrrn_exe.zip link is working, because I have some problems connecting to ftp. I should have it fixed later today and will upload the Burrrn package then...

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #69
Great stuff!.. i just love this little burner
myspace.com/borgei - last.fm/user/borgei

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #70
Where is the new burnatonce? 

It's coming - I haven't done anything with it in a while though...

Ussually when you burn something to a CD, most of the time, the stuff you are burning is previously ripped from a CD...

Yup, I know that but I was thinking about odd length stuff (also, see below).

adding something to the beggining of the file would need to rewrite the whole file, which would take a lot more time. Is that what you had in mind

Nope.  I would use the toc abilities of cdrdao.  ie, copy end to new file, delete end from first file, create track in toc with both new file and next file.

I've already used the toc to trim to a multiple of 588 samples for another function...  I just haven't actually tested it for the purpose of gapless burning yet. 

Jamie

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #71
    - gapless/sample accurate mp3 decoding (the file must have the appropriate LameTag written, e.g. files encoded with newer compiles of LAME 3.90.3 and LAME versions 3.92 and higher)

Hum, hum, a little Q: Does this mean that you also have to use lame for decoding in order to achive this? Or are madplay still an option? Thinking about latest version now; 0.15.1b
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #72
About the "multiple of 588 samples" issue:

What does cdrdao do by default with files that are not an exact multiple ?
Add silence I hope?

Gambit & Jamieo, if you ever decide to implement this "copy beginning of next track to end of current track" feature for gapless burning I hope you still keep the option to fill the missing samples with zeroes instead. I would find both options very useful...

Keep up the good work both of you!

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #73
Q: Does this mean that you also have to use lame for decoding in order to achive this? Or are madplay still an option? Thinking about latest version now.

gday..

me to wonder about that..

btw.. your 1.10 zip pack wount dl.
i see it but..

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #74
I like the option to define the start and end of the song
in the "track properties" dialogue menu of burnatonce, but:
a) a second should be divided in 100ths, not 60ths
b) a miniplayer (kinda like in nero)
with a seekbar so that setting the "in" and "out" mark
is made easy would be a really nice addition.
Wanna buy a monkey?