Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burrrn 1.06 (Read 69124 times) previous topic - next topic

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #75
Hum, hum, a little Q: Does this mean that you also have to use lame for decoding in order to achive this? Or are madplay still an option? Thinking about latest version now; 0.15.1b

Currently no, because MAD handles decoding a little bit differently than LAME. After a quick look, compared to LAME it seems to add some silence at the beggining and cut something from the end. So I need to know exactly how many samples do I need to trim. If somebody knows, please let me know. I don't use MAD myself, so I'm not familiar with it.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #76
@Gambit

Despite the debate about keeping the Burrrn interface simple, I for one would like to see the option to add a 2 second pre-gap.  Some tracks just do not have nough silence on them to do get things right without it.  Also, I thought the 2 second pregap is standard for CD's unless gapless play back is intended.  Perhaps you could stick this option on the config page somewhere.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #77
I don't know... The 2 seconds gap gayness in Nero was one of the reasons I wrote Burrrn.
I just simply don't see any useful reason to have 2 second gaps...
But to be fair: if mooore people whine about it, I'm gonna rethink it again

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #78
Despite the debate about keeping the Burrrn interface simple, I for one would like to see the option to add a 2 second pre-gap.  Some tracks just do not have nough silence on them to do get things right without it.  Also, I thought the 2 second pregap is standard for CD's unless gapless play back is intended.  Perhaps you could stick this option on the config page somewhere.

I thought it was only the 2 sec pregap before the first track that was mandatory? The other gaps you can set exactly as you like. (Well, there's the issue of filesize being the multiple of a CD-DA sector (588 samples) also, though ... Feurio! solves this great.)
I guess that in more than 90% of the cases when I want to burn an audio CD I want zero gaps between songs. Often the tracks have been ripped with EAC using the "Append Gaps to Previous Track (Default)" option, so the intended silence is already there. In the cases I have special needs I can use Feurio! (or Nero) and adjust it manually. So I don't really see the need for adding this feature to Burrrn, in which, as you stated, one of the goals is to keep the interface simple and uncluttered. Burrn is the proggy for your fast & simple everyday burning. When you need those advanced options, use Feurio instead!
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #79
Mandatory 2 sec gap mandatory only for first track?  Yes, I think so. It is an option for the rest of the tracks.  It's just  that not everybody rips using EAC.  Doubtless, many tracks have more than enough silence at the end.  Some don't, and not all of us have Feurio.

A single checkbox burried on one of the config screens is hardly what I call clutter.

whine, whine, whine......

Did I see a teddy bear with a loose button?  (Remember the supertoy in AI?)

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #81
I am looking for a postcard now.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #82
Did I see a teddy bear with a loose button?  

There's more than one button loose 'round here.....    (Right, Napoleon?) 

I know now!

When I get your postcard, you'll get the 2 sec gap option  

(I'm a bastard I know  )

...But it all turned out for the best for you, though....   

BTW: Current Feurio! 1.67 offers an unrestricted & (time)unlimited trial-version...

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #83
My postcard is in the mail.  It has a picture of a fish on it.

I tried the Feurio trial version.  The software did not have explicit support for my drive, but it worked with several of the generic drivers.  I can't say that I like it that much, but I can definitely see why it would appeal to people making compilations.

At any rate, Feurio will only decode MP3.  Burrrn works with many formats.  Perhaps Gambit will be kind enough to find the time for this by the next version.

-Napoleon B. 

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #84
I miss a "simulation" option... in order to test it.
it's becoming a really interesting program...

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #85
I will only use Feurio! on the few occations when I actually need a real power tool, it's not all that much fun to work with, and you gotta decode to wav beforehand when you put together a project there... But it's unbeatable for those very ambitious Audio-CD projects. For the daily needs in that department I've definitivly switched to Burrrn now. Easy, simple and supporting all the cool stuff! 

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']They're Coming to Take Me Away Ha-Haaa![/span]

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #86
Gambit-

Been using Burrrn for about a month now.  Started with 1.09 and then upgraded to 1.10.  In the last couple of days, I get an error after decoding about an illegal cuesheet.  on the last one it showed the time as 4000+ hours.  This was a cd with 12 tracks, about 50 minutes.  This has happened to every comp i've tried to burn.  I uninstalled Burrrn and then redownloaded the full 1.10 and tried that, but still no luck.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #87
I've isolated the problem.  It is in the decoder or when it compiles the cuesheet.  If I let burrrn decode and then compile the cuesheet, it gets wrong time as seen below.  Tried this with lame, madplay and mpc.  I've also used both ASPI and SPTI, not that I think it makes much difference.  I've I decode to wav myself before hand, it's fine..I will play around some more, but any tips would be appreciated.

Here is the log from Burrrn:

Initializing ASPI ... OK!
ASPILOCK:2,0,0: LITE-ON LTR-52327S        Rev: QS55
WARNING: Length of toc (3262:34:02, 14681552 blocks) exceeds capacity of CD-R (74:39:00, 335925 blocks).
WARNING: Ignored because of option '--overburn'.
WARNING: Some drives may fail to record this toc.
Starting write at speed 4...
WARNING: Could not read expected amount of audio data from file "E:/Temp/burrrn_temp/01_Pearl Jam - Binaural - 01 - Breakerfall.wav".
WARNING: Padding with zeros.
Turning BURN-Proof on
Executing power calibration...
Power calibration successful.
ERROR: Drive does not accept any cue sheet variant - please report.
ERROR: Writing failed.

This is for a 52 min cd
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #88
Yeah it seems a bug slipped through in the cue sheet parsing code... It's actually a bit weird, because it's caused by a Delphi bug. Anyway, I'm gonna rewrite the Burrrn core this weekend and also the cue sheet part, which is a bit messy anyway and I wanted to do that for a long time. One of the reasons is to get this "split by 588 samples" thing working. Plus some other changes and the GUI will maybe change too...

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #89
Thanks,  gambit.  Keep me posted.  I love this tool.  I really wish it would just work the way I thinkyou want it to.  I'd be happy to run any testing you may need too.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #90
Gambit-

Wondering how the rewrite went?

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #91
I am having problems with a specific cuesheet in Burrrn, generated by EAC.  My others that I have tried work fine, but this particular one will not load correctly.  It burns correctly with EAC (obviously by changing all .flacs to .wavs and decoding the encodes).

Code: [Select]
PERFORMER "Lostprophets"
TITLE "The Fake Sound Of Progress"
FILE "Lostprophets\2001 - The Fake Sound Of Progress\01 - Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja.flac" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja"
   PERFORMER "Lostprophets"
   ISRC GBEGS0100017
   INDEX 01 00:00:00
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "The Fake Sound Of Progress"
   PERFORMER "Lostprophets"
   ISRC GBEGS0100018
   INDEX 00 02:47:22
FILE "Lostprophets\2001 - The Fake Sound Of Progress\02 - The Fake Sound Of Progress.flac" WAVE
FILE "Lostprophets\2001 - The Fake Sound Of Progress\03 - Five Is A Four Letter Word.flac" WAVE
 TRACK 03 AUDIO
   TITLE "Five Is A Four Letter Word"
   PERFORMER "Lostprophets"
   ISRC GBEGS0100019
FILE "Lostprophets\2001 - The Fake Sound Of Progress\04 - ...And She Told Me To Leave.flac" WAVE
 TRACK 04 AUDIO
   TITLE "...And She Told Me To Leave"
   PERFORMER "Lostprophets"
   ISRC GBEGS0100020
FILE "Lostprophets\2001 - The Fake Sound Of Progress\05 - Kobrakai.flac" WAVE
 TRACK 05 AUDIO
   TITLE "Kobrakai"
   PERFORMER "Lostprophets"
   ISRC GBEGS0100021
FILE "Lostprophets\2001 - The Fake Sound Of Progress\06 - The Handsome Life Of Swing.flac" WAVE
 TRACK 06 AUDIO
   TITLE "The Handsome Life Of Swing"
   PERFORMER "Lostprophets"
   ISRC GBEGS0100022
FILE "Lostprophets\2001 - The Fake Sound Of Progress\07 - A Thousand Apologies.flac" WAVE
 TRACK 07 AUDIO
   TITLE "A Thousand Apologies"
   PERFORMER "Lostprophets"
   ISRC GBEGS0100023
FILE "Lostprophets\2001 - The Fake Sound Of Progress\08 - Still Laughing.flac" WAVE
 TRACK 08 AUDIO
   TITLE "Still Laughing"
   PERFORMER "Lostprophets"
   ISRC GBEGS0100024
FILE "Lostprophets\2001 - The Fake Sound Of Progress\09 - For Sure.flac" WAVE
 TRACK 09 AUDIO
   TITLE "For Sure"
   PERFORMER "Lostprophets"
   ISRC GBEGS0100025
 TRACK 10 AUDIO
   TITLE "Awkward"
   PERFORMER "Lostprophets"
   ISRC GBEGS0100026
   INDEX 00 04:19:65
FILE "Lostprophets\2001 - The Fake Sound Of Progress\10 - Awkward.flac" WAVE
FILE "Lostprophets\2001 - The Fake Sound Of Progress\11 - Ode To Summer.flac" WAVE
 TRACK 11 AUDIO
   TITLE "Ode To Summer"
   PERFORMER "Lostprophets"
   ISRC GBEGS0100027

Any ideas?
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #92
I was under the impression that Burrrn supported EAC's nonstandard cuesheets, but obviously it will not support the one above.
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #93
I was under the impression that Burrrn supported EAC's nonstandard cuesheets, but obviously it will not support the one above.

Try putting the .cue in the same folder with your FLAC files.  Then get rid of any file directories before the filenames in the .cue sheet(Lostprophets\2001 - The Fake Sound Of Progress\).  After you've done that, drag the .cue to Burrrn and see if it works...

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #94
I already did that, and I still receive the same error message. After clicking ok, it lists the first track only.

Access violation at address 004052A in module 'Burrrn.exe'.  Read of address FFFFFFFB.

If I try to delete that track from the list, it won't, and gives an error as well.

Access violation at address 0044FFC0 in module 'Burrrn.exe'.  Read of address 00000004.

Both of these errors are static, e.g., they give the same addresses each time.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #95
I already did that, and I still receive the same error message. After clicking ok, it lists the first track only.

Access violation at address 004052A in module 'Burrrn.exe'.  Read of address FFFFFFFB.

If I try to delete that track from the list, it won't, and gives an error as well.

Access violation at address 0044FFC0 in module 'Burrrn.exe'.  Read of address 00000004.

Please try redownloading Burrrn. There was a bad compile uploaded for a couple of hours after the 1.10 release, which might produce this error, maybe you have that version.

And please, mmortal03, dreamliner77 and everybody, please always send bug reports (e.g. bad cue sheets) to my mail to make sure i can fix it.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #96
How can i tell which version I have?  I downloaded it a while ago,  or is this not relavent to my problem?

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #97
No, no that's only relevat to the issue mmortal03 mentioned. And as I said, that comile was uploaded only for a couple of hours after the 1.10 release.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #98

Please try redownloading Burrrn. There was a bad compile uploaded for a couple of hours after the 1.10 release, which might produce this error, maybe you have that version.

And please, mmortal03, dreamliner77 and everybody, please always send bug reports (e.g. bad cue sheets) to my mail to make sure i can fix it.

Yeah, that completely fixed the problem.  Thanks for the heads up Gambit!

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #99
Gambit_

I just have to say that I am very impressed by your activity here and your willingness to fix problems.