Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burrrn 1.06 (Read 69057 times) previous topic - next topic

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #25
Well, while burning at 4x with Burnproof on, EAC gave me an
error on writing the lead out IIRC. Drive settings were same as always.
I think the error message said "IDE reset" or sth like that...
Same collection of wavs was burned flawlessly with burnatonce ten minutes
later. Thing is, EAC had never failed me b4...
Wanna buy a monkey?

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #26
Strange. I just had a similar problem the other day. It died when writing the lead out. Twice.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #27
I think the error message said "IDE reset" or sth like that...
Same collection of wavs was burned flawlessly with burnatonce ten minutes
later. Thing is, EAC had never failed me b4...

CDRDAO is a reliable and stable burning engine IMHO and different from EAC's internal burning engine ... but the error you describe has never happened to me (I did some 1000 burns with EAC and still wait for a single coaster to occur - apart from low-quality crappy media, of course)

It must not necessarily be EAC that caused your "IDE reset" ...  but Burrrn works good (I use it myself - I love the ability to merge two cuesheets on one CD)
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #28
@JeanLuc: Believe me, I would love to never have to look any further
than EAC for burning my gapless CDs (where I actually remove leading
and trailing silence manually). For fast CDs directly from compressed
formats BAO or burrrn (when it gets a proper burrrn-list...) would
still be my choice.

I'm not trying to diss EAC. It has served me well.
Wanna buy a monkey?

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #29
Turns out EAC wasn't to blame. I had a problem burning with Fuerio as well.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #30
I'm not trying to diss EAC. It has served me well.

And I have been an EAC zealot for quite some time ... maybe too long

Just kidding, I just would like to know about possible errors ;-)
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #31
I'll give it another try tomorrow, hope I don't waste my TY media...

Buenas noches guys
Wanna buy a monkey?

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #32
I LOVE Burrrn just the way it is.

Even though my drives (<spam>Plextor</Spam>) work with EAC..
As soon as I found Burrrn I fell in love with its simplicity & soon after uninstalled bao.
Now I use it for almost all of my CD-DA needs.

Gambit, you are a great man.

Thanks, tec

Gambit's ego got a +2 boost... 

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #33
I sent this message via the boards IM system not sure if you got it:

A few other ideas..to make this app more useable for the masses:

1. some sort of playback/preview support (export tracklist to .m3u file or actual playback controls)

2.There is no way to change the order of the tracks or remove a specific track after they have been dragged into the app.

3. A way of editing the individual cd text tracknames without renaming the source file or changing the tag info

4. a final cd text preview window that shows all the artists/trackname info (esp for VA cds) before commiting to burning

5. setup a paypal account for donations if possible

Good luck. I'll tell as many people about this app as I can..hopefully it will be updated further

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #34
Yeah, seriously, this app r0x0rz my b0x0rz. I'm making so many feature requests precisely because I want to see this already great app get even better.
Everything I've learned about space, I've learned from psytrance.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #35
It would be nice if foobar2000 could burn through burrrn or
burnatonce. Dunno if this has been discussed somewhere else.
This would combine foobar2k's excellent decoding and replaygaining
features with cdr-dao's burning quality.

O/T: I've never tried to burn with foobar2k+Nero. Can u create
gapless cds this way, or is there always a 2 sec gap between tracks?
Wanna buy a monkey?

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #36
Okay, some of the the suggested changes are in 1.08, more coming soon...

- list reordering
    - doubleclicking or clicking "Play" in the right click menu plays the tracks
    - updated Spanish and Polish language (thanks to Angel, Gregg and Fraxinus)

A Paypal account would be really nice, because we are constantly running out of bandwitdth and that's why I had to move the files to a different server, but Paypal isn't available in my country . The files are currently hosted on ChS's site, for which I'm very thankfull, but I'm prolly gonna have to buy a new domain for Burrrn and move all the files there in february or march.

Edit: If you should have problems downloading, you can always use
http://www.apehaus.com/burrrn/burrrn_package.exe
or
http://www.apehaus.com/burrrn/burrrn_exe.zip
but please try the link on the page first.

Oh, and you can now also acces the page via
http://www.burrrn.tk

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #37
since this has been brought up before, what about having it available as a torrent?
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #39
CD-Text get messed up on VA albums. It would be nice if you could edit the track titles as well.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #40
Just tried Burrrn 1.08.  Unfortunately, I have a couple of major problems.

First, clicking any of the buttons in Burrrn causes the program to freeze, with 100% CPU usage.  Even just mousing over the buttons causes CPU usage to spike to 20-30%.

Second, I tried dragging a .cue file onto Burrrn and I got the following error message:

" is not a valid integer value.

I'm running Win XP sp1 on an Athlon XP platform.  It sounds like a great program and I'd love to use it.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

-Aaron

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #41
Hmm, yeah I'm getting that problem too (WinXP + AthlonXP). I'll revert the alternate download links back to 1.07...

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #42
I'm teh l33t coder...   

Just tried Burrrn 1.08.  Unfortunately, I have a couple of major problems.

First, clicking any of the buttons in Burrrn causes the program to freeze, with 100% CPU usage.  Even just mousing over the buttons causes CPU usage to spike to 20-30%.
Could somebody who is experiencing this please try
http://www.apehaus.com/burrrn/burrrn_nocdtext.zip
and tell me if it's fixed?

Second, I tried dragging a .cue file onto Burrrn and I got the following error message:

A filepath in the CUE is prolly wrong, i need to put a better error message there...

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #43
[/QUOTE]Could somebody who is experiencing this please try
http://www.apehaus.com/burrrn/burrrn_nocdtext.zip
and tell me if it's fixed?[/QUOTE]

I was having the same problem, and this update fixed it.  Great job, and thanks.

I was a diehard Nero burner until I tried Burrrn about a month ago.  I did try Burnatonce first because of all the positive comments about it, but I'm apparently too stupid to make that work.  Every Burrrn CD has been flawless, and I haven't looked back since.
FLAC -8 | MP3 V2

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #44
Burrrn's working great here (Athlon Thunderbird, XP sp1, Plextor W4824A 1.05), but I found a possible bug - some strange beavior (nothing of great importance to me, as I don't keep Burrrn 'round as a player - I use it to burrrn), but I just thought I might report it anyways:
When pressing "Play" all that happens is that "burrrn.m3u" are opened by Notepad...!?!

(And, yes: default action in context menu on my system is for m3u files to be played by a player - not to be opened in Notepad...)
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #45
First, clicking any of the buttons in Burrrn causes the program to freeze, with 100% CPU usage. Even just mousing over the buttons causes CPU usage to spike to 20-30%.

i have got the same problem...

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #46

A filepath in the CUE is prolly wrong, i need to put a better error message there...

Hi Gambit, the "nocdtext" version (1.09?) solves the crashing problem, thanks much.  As for that error message, I believe that's my fault.  I use EAC to rip to FLAC, and of course the EAC cue sheets reference .wav files.  For some reason I thought that Burrrn changed the file path on the fly...I have no idea why I thought this. 

So, I do have a feature request.  I like the cue editor, it does exactly what I need it to do which is change .wav to .flac and change file paths to file names only.  It would be nice to be able to turn on a setting that did that automatically on cue sheet load, without having to go into the cue sheet editor and do it manually.

Finally, one more problem.  After using the cue sheet editor to make the changes noted above, I tried loading the modified cue sheet into Burrn and received the following error:
Access violation at address 004052D2 in module 'Burrrn.exe'. Read of address F7F6F5F0.

The CD artist, title and title of the first track (with no song length) shows up in Burrrn.  If I immediately try to load it again, it works, with track numbers showing up as if the whole first cue sheet is there.  If I clear the playlist and try to load it again, I get the exact same access violation. I'll email you a screenshot and a cue sheet that has this problem.

thanks,
-Aaron

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #48
Uploaded 1.09, mainly to fix the XP issues...

What's new:
  - option to leave disc open (multisession CD)
  - option to not write CD-TEXT
  - fixed the weird Windows XP bugs introduced in 1.08