Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Preview of foobar2000 mobile v1.4 (Read 19821 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Preview of foobar2000 mobile v1.4

Reply #50
Build 758, addressed playback not getting suspended on app close among other things.
Hi Peter, trying this build on my Fiio M11 Pro and still the same bug as the previews before: Playback getting suspended although app *not* closed.
To encircle the problem: Some titles play flawlessly, and the player skips to the next title in the playlist; some files stop 1 second before shown duration and I have to skip manually, (skip silence not activated), and when starting playback more in the middle of a track, it sometimes happen that a 1-second-excerpt of that track loops infinetely. As mentioned, only MP3 files in my music library, it occures both with CBR and VBR encoded files.
May there be an issue with an updated MP3 decoder in FFmpeg 6.0?

Reply #51
Sounds more like a dying SD card to me.
Other players play the files without any problems on the device?

Reply #52
Sounds more like a dying SD card to me.
Other players play the files without any problems on the device?
Checked with MP3's on Fiio's internal memory - same problems
Checked with FLAC's on Fiio's internal memory and SD card - no problems
Complete MP3 library with Foobar 2000 v2.0 on my Windows notebook - no problems

Reply #53
1.31播放Flac非常好听,1.4非常难听,感觉声音挤在一块了,不知道是不是设备问题。
系统版本:Android 13
设备:Samsung Galaxy S23ultra

Please provide English translation in future posts.
TOS 10. All members must post in English. Content in other languages allowed as long as full English translations are provided, or otherwise at the discretion of the staff.

Google translation:
Playing Flac on 1.31 is very pleasant, but 1.4 is very unpleasant. I feel that the sound is squeezed together. I don’t know if it is a device problem.
System version: Android 13
Device: Samsung Galaxy S23ultra

MOD: Edited for TOS 10 only.

Reply #54
1.31播放Flac非常好听,1.4非常难听,感觉声音挤在一块了,不知道是不是设备问题。
系统版本:Android 13
设备:Samsung Galaxy S23ultra

Please provide English translation in future posts.
TOS 10. All members must post in English. Content in other languages allowed as long as full English translations are provided, or otherwise at the discretion of the staff.

Google translation:
Playing Flac on 1.31 is very pleasant, but 1.4 is very unpleasant. I feel that the sound is squeezed together. I don’t know if it is a device problem.
System version: Android 13
Device: Samsung Galaxy S23ultra

MOD: Edited for TOS 10 only.
Sorry

Reply #55
Hi :)

Standalone Android APK downloads
https://www.foobar2000.org/apk

Download version 1.4 preview 2023-07-02:
All architectures (install correct APK from the archive)
       ↑can't download

Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #57
@pyr452

Oh great.
Many Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #59
I've confirmed.

[foobar2000 mobile] foobar2000 Mobile for Android v1.4.0 Preview 2023-07-02 Google Play
https://foobar2000.xrea.jp/?FrontPage

Reply #62
Build #761

The forum link on the about page, https://www.foobar2000.org/forums/mobile, 404s.
Where did you get that build?
AFAIK there's no such thing as Build #761.
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Mobile_Version_1.4_Preview_Change_Log
https://www.foobar2000.org/apk
The Play Store.

Reply #63
The Play Store.
Ah, OK, didn't notice that.
Peter has, at least in the changelog, switched to calling the builds by date rather than build number.

Reply #64
  • Revised Android TV support. Defaults to dim screen with current system time and subtle now-playing-track info instead of glaring skinned playback controls that don't work with TV remote anyway.
Can you please consider making this screen also available on phones and tablets somehow?
Modern skinned playing screen is not usefull to screen reader users. The controls and playing info is completelly inaccessible on that screen.
With this new android TV specific plaing screen I assume we will get at least something more than just an empty window.
I can think of making it available as an option in the settings somehow or force it when some accessibility service is detected running (Relevant SO question) when showing now playing screen.

Reply #65
I'm running the latest public preview version dated 2.7.2023 downloaded from google play. I've added a FTP location and its library scanning is in progress. Perhaps this does not contributed to the issue I just wanted to describe my configuration a little.
When going to Internet radio and trying to play streams from this icecast server http://live.slovakradio.sk:8000/ The Foobar on Android is not allowing those MP3  streams to play, error 400 bad request is displayed instead. No matter if I add a new URL or try to play an existing one I have added before updating to v 1.4 preview.

Reply #66
I'm running the latest public preview version dated 2.7.2023 downloaded from google play. I've added a FTP location and its library scanning is in progress. Perhaps this does not contributed to the issue I just wanted to describe my configuration a little.
Is your FTP server probably running on some SOHO router?
In that case scanning takes some time, since the hardware isn't very potent.

When going to Internet radio and trying to play streams from this icecast server http://live.slovakradio.sk:8000/ The Foobar on Android is not allowing those MP3  streams to play, error 400 bad request is displayed instead.
http://live.slovakradio.sk:8000/Devin_256.mp3.m3u works for me.
Which URI doesn't work for you?

Reply #67
http://live.slovakradio.sk:8000/Devin_256.mp3.m3u works for me.
Which URI doesn't work for you?
Thanks for the hint.
The url without .m3u at the end is not working.
http://live.slovakradio.sk:8000/Devin_256.mp3 does not work with 1.4 but it used to work in 1.3
http://live.slovakradio.sk:8000/Devin_256.mp3.m3u is working in both 1.3 and 1.4.
In fact it's not limited to this single icecast instance. I believe both variants should be working.

Reply #68
Hello,
Is the FTP support using UTF8  charset to parse directory listings?
I am getting object not found errors while scanning whenever the filename has some non ascii characters in the filename such as...
Code: [Select]
ftpes://<user>:<password>@<hostName>:<port>/<some>/<path>/Darinka Rolincova - Keby som bola princezna Arabela-1983/10 - Darinka Rolincová - Slávik a ruža.mp3
And the correct file name should be
10 - Darinka Rolincová - Slávik a ruža.mp3
Other FTP clients such as rclone or LFTP can handle this fine.
Would there be a way to improve this?
With total commander I used to be able to workaround this by manually posting an FTP command
OPTS UTF8 ON
However I haven't used this for ages thus I don't know if this is still needed or if it might be usefull here too. My understanding is that most modern FTP servers do support UTF8.
Edit:
The server side is Pure-FTPd on linux.

Reply #69
I'm sorry for the triple posting...

Just curious: do you sometimes have the same problem as described below?

Play a song via FTP
Switch to a different song (FTP source as well)
New song doesn't start to play - only seeking to a random position starts playback.

This doesn't happen every time for me, but I'd say in about 40% when doing so.
Just want to check if this is related to my slow FTP server or a general problem with Peters latest FTP improvements.

I have only played MP3 and FLAC files so far. For me the playback advances automagically to the next track in the list when one track finishes playing. Also when I manually tap to play a different track from the same FTP source while in the middle of a playing track it'll start playing the new track with no issues.
I am using no DSP effects and library indexing is enabled for that foobar 2000 library location.
The FTP server I am connecting to is a remote pure ftpd instance, I'm connecting through the internet to it. No VPN and other helper tools are involved.

Reply #70
It is a nice effort, thank you very much! I've got 2 Qs.
Is it possible to install and test it side by side with the stable build? - To avoid losing media library from the stable build, which takes a lot of time to scan.
And I've checked a few days ago, the reworked beta had issues with recognizing ReplayGain tags in music files, while the stable build sees them fine. Do you need help with reproducing/debugging it?
Also a little curious, if it's possible to put "foobar2000 music folder" on an external SD card? If so, would it still require full permissions?
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Reply #71
Is it possible to install and test it side by side with the stable build? - To avoid losing media library from the stable build, which takes a lot of time to scan.
No, the beta/preview will overwrite the stable version but if you've used SAF for file access till now, the indexation speed should improve noticeably (SAF is/was a bottleneck with many files).

Reply #72
No, the beta/preview will overwrite the stable version but if you've used SAF for file access till now, the indexation speed should improve noticeably (SAF is/was a bottleneck with many files).
Yes, the problem is that I'll likely need to rollback and build it up again with the old, slower version. Or maybe old version can also index fast if not using SAF? (if it can do so somehow?)

Reply #73
Or maybe old version can also index fast if not using SAF? (if it can do so somehow?)
Yes, I've understood for Foobar 2000 music folder even the older version is using storage apis directly with no SAF involved.

Reply #74
Yes, I've understood for Foobar 2000 music folder even the older version is using storage apis directly with no SAF involved.
Hasn't been my experience, or maybe I'm not noticing something. It uses a file picker that tells me I can't select a top-level path on my sdcard, because security-something. And there are no other ways to add folders to the Media Library.