Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: really stupid Nero question (Read 2219 times) previous topic - next topic

really stupid Nero question

Okay, I know I'm gonna sound like a complete idiot here, but let me explain...

I run WinXP Pro and always throw Nero on after a clean install, I also throw on Nero Runner so I can select to start in either Nero or Nero Express.  Never had a problem doing this.  Yesterday, I installed Nero for a friend of mine and then threw on Nero Runner.  But now, Nero will only start Nero Express.  If I click on the Nero button at the bottom of Express, it just pops up a box with a link to the Ahead site.  How do I get it to start regular, plain old Nero?

Please excuse me for my ignorance, or if i'm missing something really simple.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

really stupid Nero question

Reply #1
I don’t have experience with" Nero Runner," but the difference between starting with Nero's default interface and Nero Express is a /w command in shortcuts to the nero.exe file. First off, create a shortcut to nero.exe on your desktop. Then, you can choose Nero Classic or Nero Express by editing the "Target" section of the shortcut.  For example:

"D:\Win2K Programs\Nero Burning Rom\Nero\nero.exe"  - Starts Nero Classic
"D:\Win2K Programs\Nero Burning Rom\Nero\nero.exe" /w - Starts Nero Express (and yes, the /w is outside

the quotation marks)

Hope this helps B)