Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ripping 99-track CDs with Indexes (Read 2559 times) previous topic - next topic

Ripping 99-track CDs with Indexes

Hi there. I need to rip a bunch of sound effects CDs. Many of them have 99 tracks,
and have multiple 'indexes' within each track.  I haven't been able to find much out about
indexes - they are in the red book standard, but they're not stored in the TOC

so Q1 - Is there a piece of software that will automatically rip each index to a separate wav file?
I usually use EAC, but haven't been able to make it do this.

or Q2 - What is the best piece of stereo editing software that will automatically strip down one track ripped as a wav file into multiple separate indexes (based on silence?)

any help  with this will be gratefully received!

thanks
Clunesy

Reply #1
The answer to Q1 is pretty easy: From the EAC menu Action, choose "Copy selected tracks index-based".

As for Q2, I'd better let somebody else answer that question.

Reply #2
or Q2 - What is the best piece of stereo editing software that will automatically strip down one track ripped as a wav file into multiple separate indexes (based on silence?)

It's not automatic, but CDWave will help you do that very easily.

Edit:  Oops. Looks like you want to create one WAV file with indexes. My bad. CDWave won't do that. It will let you spilt a WAV file up pretty easily though.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650