Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 audio player info (Read 96273 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 audio player info

Reply #175
zZzZzZz : I guess that you update that DSP pack too. So can you add some kind a version numbers for that too? Or should that be downloaded too if foobar2000 is updatet?

Reply #176
thanks

but actually, I need to adopt foobar to my needs first. when I'll move on it completely, I hope I'll rewrite the entire output system of foo_mod and write a floating-point mixer.

Okey X-Fixer, glad to hear it.

Wonder who else will join this project...

Reply #177
1) Maybe use www.foobar.tk or www.foobar2K.tk or www.foobar2000.tk
2) Better GUI is good idea
3) Maybe make translation files?
4) Discwriter plugin is good idea.
5) Maybe make an automatic updater for Foobar2K?

Reply #178
AD.3) Fine idea, I have thought about something like FlashGet or kX drivers - INI files...
AD.5) Executable can't update itself, because it's in use
I've changed only because of myself.
Remember, when you quote me, you're quoting AstralStorm.
(read: this account is dead)

Reply #179
AD.5) Executable can't update itself, because it's in use

There will be external update program, it will close player.

Reply #180
Bug report: Stop after current doesn't work for me in v0.31c.
Blubb

Reply #181
-0.32 seems to have problems with the foo_dsp_extra.dll (dec-24 11:02 GMT), there are no more DSPs to select in the preferences
-I guess dsound is still recommded over wavout on win2k/xp? just wondered why wav set to default

thx, happy x-mas, great job B)

PS: just read the same in the "thx for win98 version" thread..
I use win xp, normal zip download of foobar and the extra_dll, no installer

Reply #182
-0.32 seems to have problems with the foo_dsp_extra.dll (dec-24 11:02 GMT), there are no more DSPs to select in the preferences

[...]

PS: just read the same in the "thx for win98 version" thread..
I use win xp, normal zip download of foobar and the extra_dll, no installer

Oops
I had finally automated the update process a bit and had forgotten this one dll from the script. I uploaded now correct version of the DSP dll.

Reply #183
thx
the .dlls really should have versions either in the filename or the link, otherwise we have to download them every day to check which causes some traffic I guess

EDIT: sorry to bug you again. Waited 1 hour, but the extra_dll is still the old one from dec-24.

Reply #184
About URL's.... Foobar2000.com/.net/.org, are all available. But the year is 2002, almost 2003!

Reply #185
the past several days have witnessed a growing-up of foobar.
i want to know:
1) will the 6db limitr cause a loss in dynamic range?
2) which should i use dsound or waveout (win2k)?the later seems takes more cpu & memory useage.

Reply #186
sice i "support" all windows nt/9x OS's now, waveout ("safe") is default (too lazy to write autodetection).
yes, directsound output is more integrated with fb2k, and needs less resources to operate (also waveout is always stutter-happy on my machine no matter what because it doesn't use hardware mixing); it's recommended that you use directsound on win2k/xp.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #187
Foobar is now software of the week on http://www.softnews.ro

But I have a little problem I cannot keep up with updates. (to many)
Can someone send me a little e-mail to news@softnews.ro when a new version is out ?

Also a zip archive with both versions it is a good ideea  (or an install with autodetection for the os)

P.S.
I have SB Live ! 5.1 and when I run foobar I cann't hear any sound bcause of the "Allow hardware Mixing" feature. I must deactiva this in order to work...

Reply #188
Foobar is now software of the week on http://www.softnews.ro

But I have a little problem I cannot keep up with updates. (to many)
Can someone send me a little e-mail to news@softnews.ro when a new version is out ?

Also a zip archive with both versions it is a good ideea  (or an install with autodetection for the os)

P.S.
I have SB Live ! 5.1 and when I run foobar I cann't hear any sound bcause of the "Allow hardware Mixing" feature. I must deactiva this in order to work...

Keep tabs on the change log topic. Also, I do believe the installer already does autodetect and includes both builds, which would explain the 150kB growth since before Win9x support.

Reply #189
foo_mp4.dll now available for download (thanks to Menno for the source) from here.

Reply #190
foo_mp4.dll now available for download (thanks to Menno for the source) from here.

After I copied foo_mp4.dll i get an error about msvcr70.dll

Reply #191

OK, sorry about that. If you download again, I've included that dll. Just place it in your System32 dir/folder, or anywhere in the path.

Reply #192

OK, sorry about that. If you download again, I've included that dll. Just place it in your System32 dir/folder, or anywhere in the path.

The dll in the msvcr70.zip is msvcp70.dll, so the same message is still there.

You're sure you zipped the right one ? 

Reply #193
The dll in the msvcr70.zip is msvcp70.dll, so the same message is still there.

You're sure you zipped the right one ? 

john33: I've changed the VC7 project files so that they use the static libraries.

Menno

Reply #194
OK, sorry, let's try again! Available for download again.

Reply #196
Can I get the Source of Foobar and make changes? It very painful to look at. I can add an anime theme with 3d buttons and maybe add that bar where you can fast forward.

Reply #197
I can add an anime theme...

Umm... some of us might find an anime theme more painful to look at than the default. 

- M.

Reply #198
don't mess up our noisy notepad with Anime 
a seek bar would be nice though, I'm sure it will come sooner or later

Reply #199
Goddamn, i said Goddamn.
i just listened to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the moon, The great gig in the sky.
it sounds much better with foobar, the irritating artifects that were present in the voice of the singer are gone!
this is the coolest geek software i ever saw

and yes i do miss the winamp seekbar, can we do somethgin about this?
"La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid."