Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: APE Newbie needs help with MAKEApl (Read 4067 times) previous topic - next topic

APE Newbie needs help with MAKEApl

Hello,

I recently decided to redo my music collection in APE instead of MP3Pro.

Long story short, i have set up EAC and MAC to work fine with regular, High compression, APE files.

Then i started reading forum posts on how to use MAC to make full cd APE files (with correct gaps) and then use MAKEApl to get the indexes to use the songs in a player (i use winamp v2).

However, i can't get the last part to work.  I have the whole CD .wav file made with EAC with .CUE.  Then i convert the .wav into .ape.  Then the next step will not work.  I've tried putting the .ape file into MAKEApl, i've tried putting the .cue file into MAKEapl.  When i put the .cue file in it makes the appropriate .apl files, but they will not play in winamp v2, and i have the monkey plugin in winamp and .ape files work fine in winamp as well.

What am i doing wrong?  Is their something i'm missing?  I would be most appriciative if someone would enlighten me on the process.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I under stand that their is some bug in MAKEApl with MAC 3.97, but i'm just trying to get the MAKEApl to work correctly at this moment.

Reply #1
edit the cuesheet so it point to the ape file instead of the wav.

eg.

Code: [Select]
PERFORMER "Cream"
TITLE "The Very Best of Cream"
FILE "Cream - The Very Best Of Cream.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "Wrapping Paper"
   PERFORMER "Cream"
   INDEX 01 00:00:00
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "I Feel Free"
   PERFORMER "Cream"
   INDEX 00 02:21:47
   INDEX 01 02:24:35

Code: [Select]
PERFORMER "Cream"
TITLE "The Very Best of Cream"
FILE "Cream - The Very Best Of Cream.ape" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "Wrapping Paper"
   PERFORMER "Cream"
   INDEX 01 00:00:00
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "I Feel Free"
   PERFORMER "Cream"
   INDEX 00 02:21:47
   INDEX 01 02:24:35
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #2
 Very sweet.

Thank you very much, that worked 100%!

Now if i throw the new .cue file into EAC's writer function, will i get a 100% copy of what i have on my hard disk that is the total cd .ape file (with correct gaps of course)? 

Also is their a easy way to seperate each track from the total cd .ape file so if i would like to make a mix cd i could do it easily?  Could i just throw a bunch of .cue files in and then pick each track that i want?

Again, thanks, usually i can figure this stuff out, but then sometimes you hit a road block and can't figure out the next step.  Thanks!

Reply #3
Yes, If you burn the Cuesheet you get an exact copy + CDTEXT if your burner supports it and you've entered or looked up the disc info on Freedb.

Yes, in 'Mokey's Audio' select Mode ---> Decompress and use the 'Add files' Dialog to add the APL, the decoded file will be the song the APL points to.
You could also use Foobar2000 or WinAMP's diskwriters.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."