Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: APE2 with la files (Read 3020 times) previous topic - next topic

APE2 with la files

How can we put APE2 tages into a LA (la lossless audio) file ?  I use lastest foobar2k release and i plan to rip albums in one wav and put cue into a tag, that's why i need APE2 verstaile tagging format.

Soren

APE2 with la files

Reply #1
Yes, it is possible. You can use Case's Tag utility for this.
Since LA files are not supported by Tag you have to use the option --nocheck. To  generate APE2 tags just use the option --force APE2.
I am using LA v0.4 here (la.exe and Winamp plugin) and both work perfectly with the APE2 tags generated that way.

edit: I don't use foobar2k or one-file-per-CD files with cue sheets, so I can't help you with that, sorry. Maybe the info about Tag is still useful for you...

APE2 with la files

Reply #2
But, sorry for my question: Why using such an "outsider"-format at all? - Why not Monkey´s Audio or FLAC ? - Or with other words: Which reasons made you to use this format? - Is it the compression-gain, the fast (de-)compressing etc. - What are the reasons which vote for LA?
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

APE2 with la files

Reply #3
But, sorry for my question: Why using such an "outsider"-format at all?

I chose LA for one reason: it provides the highest lossless compression.

Anyway, it's only the format in which the audio files are stored on my harddisk. Why should anybody else waste a thought about that?