Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [crashware] foo_uie_lyrics2 (Read 483985 times) previous topic - next topic

[crashware] foo_uie_lyrics2

Reply #225
Michael,

I installed 0.4.5.7 over 0.4.5.5 and noticed a new bug: the exclusion filter doesn't work anymore.
For instance, my last filter: $if2(%genre%,) accompanied by a genre list separated by semicolons used to avoid going on the Internet, but now it tries to download lyrics nevertheless.
Could you please fix that?

---

Speaking of which, I'm trying to add a new exclusion filter based on a file name (it has 6 digits and two letters), but I couldn't get it to work in an earlier version.  Any ideas?

i just have updated the filter feature, will be included next version

Reply #228
In Default UI Fallback Text looks like:

B.B.KING  C"Exactly Like You"  C  C(Lyrics not available)   

Should be:

B.B.KING 
"Exactly Like You" 
(Lyrics not available)

Reply #229
OMG, Michael, you changed the customized exclusion filter!
With all respect for what you've done for this plugin, this is not cool from you to remove parameters without saying it in the change list.

Reply #230
thank you for your continued efforts Michael87, however i have noticed a bug since installing 0.4.5.9.
whenever i open another window/menu over the panel (lyric panel is set in a panel stack btw, dont know if this happens outside of this) the panel background turns to black.
panel is set to transparent, & stays transparent behind the window/menu. here is a picture, hopefully it will make more sense:

(this is the lyric panel btw, i have label info when theres no lyrics)
also, i have noticed that when certain other elements are refreshing the text inside the panel moves up then re-aligns itself.

if i can supply any more info please do ask i will be happy to help anyway i can.

thanks again

Reply #231
Same here and also reproducable with Dockable Panels.

Still problems with automatically downloading lyrics.

Reply #232
Michael, 0.4.5.9 just froze on me with no crash report: foobar is just not responding (infinite loop?). I have no idea what I can do to help you find the bug though.

Reply #233
0.4.5.9 / fb2k 1.0

Mine is refreshing/flickering at random times. Just for a second though, then gets back to normal by itself.

Enabling Horizontal Padding disables Fading effect.
Also shows garbled image in border(left & right border) area. Could be compatibility issue with PSS.
Works fine when Horizontal Padding is disabled.

Reply #234
In Default UI Fallback Text looks like:

B.B.KING  C"Exactly Like You"  C  C(Lyrics not available)   

Should be:

B.B.KING 
"Exactly Like You" 
(Lyrics not available)

new lines are inserted with $crlf()
so basically just put that at the end of each line

@Speech:
start foobar with an older version and your old filter settings should be back there, so you can backup them

Reply #235
Dear Michael,

Would you like to fix the WORD WRAP bug since you picked up this plugin?
I know there's no problem for Latin characters, but not for CJK characters.
Check the images below:

Image1, word is cut by the edge in PSS, CUI, plugin ver 0.4.5.9.

Image2, word is cut by the edge of plugin window in DUI, plugin ver 0.4.5.9.

Image3, word wrap works fine in earlier version (0.3.3.9).

If you have any good idea to fix it, please make it in future version.
Thanks in advance!

Reply #237

I just checked & it works for me.
If you want to replace unsynced tag lyrics, make sure you have set "save sheme" to "save to tag"

Reply #238
Is it possible to add a time delay before writing a tag to the file?  I've started using the foo_wave_seekbar component (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=77490) and I think there might be a file access conflict between that component and this: the foo_wave_seekbar component processes the track when it starts playing to generate an audio signature.  And, at the same time, foo_uie_lyrics2 is attempting to write a lyric tag to the file, so there is a conflict.  It doesn't happen every time a new lyric is written and a seekbar signature is generated, which I think is probably because the timing is sometimes (by chance) OK: the lyric tag is only written after the seekbar component has finished.  In fact, more often than not the imting is OK.  This is just my theory, and there may be some other explanation.  A short time delay (e.g. 5 seconds) before writing the lyric tag would be more than sufficient.

Mike

could you please explain the "conflict" a bit more? does it crash / popup an error message?

foo_uie_lyrics2 is using foobar to save the tags and therefore does not write to the files directly - so this might by caused by something different

Reply #239
Michael, 0.4.5.9 just froze on me with no crash report: foobar is just not responding (infinite loop?). I have no idea what I can do to help you find the bug though.

what was the last thing you clicked / started ?
when did it happen?

Reply #240
could you please explain the "conflict" a bit more? does it crash / popup an error message?

It doesn't crash; it just pops up the following error dialog:

Could not update tags (Sharing violation) on: "blah blah blah.m4a"

Pretty sure it's just this component attempting to write to the file at the same time as the other component has the file locked for reading / analysing.

Even if you use foobar to write the tag, does foobar not offer a function to query first whether the file is locked?

If not, then I'm sure an optional delay in writing the lyric tag would avoid most conflicts; even a 5 second delay would probably eliminate 95% of conflicts because the seekbar component usually completes within about 2 or 3 seconds.  Don't see any harm in holding the lyric in memory, and writing it after X seconds, where X is either a settable option, or greater than around 5 seconds.

Mike

P.S. a related issue is that the same error pops up when the file is read-only.  Personally, I'd prefer the error not to pop up, and just silently carry on without attempting to write the tag to the file.

Reply #241
It doesn't crash; it just pops up the following error dialog:

thank you for the details.

i have changed the tag writing, so that there will be no error message if it fails.

Moreover, I could add a delay here, but basically this is  a wave seekbar error and should be fixed by its developers.

Reply #242
i have changed the tag writing, so that there will be no error message if it fails.

Great!  Though I can imagine that some would want to see the error...  Perhaps yet another option?

This will presumably also mean that it doesn't produce the error when writing to a read-only file?  Again, fine for me.

Moreover, I could add a delay here, but basically this is  a wave seekbar error and should be fixed by its developers.

Not sure that it's really a problem with the seekbar component: it needs to read the audio data from the file to generate a signature, and can't really avoid doing that.  Better I think for this component to do some error checking / avoidance.  Not that I know much about component development ;-)

Mike

Reply #243
If you want to replace unsynced tag lyrics, make sure you have set "save sheme" to "save to tag"

Hi, Michael  :-)

Thanks for all the great work!

I'm having an issue with the last few versions (I'm using v0.4.5.9 now); maybe you can help.

After a track change, the lyrics panel shows only the album, artist, and title.  In order to get the lyrics to load, I have to right-click in the panel, click "Reload lyric" and "Next lyric" (in that order).  Once I do that, it works fine until the next track change.

I've tried the setting mentioned above, but it made no difference.

Any ideas?

Reply #244
Not sure that it's really a problem with the seekbar component: it needs to read the audio data from the file to generate a signature, and can't really avoid doing that.  Better I think for this component to do some error checking / avoidance.  Not that I know much about component development ;-)
Mike

mhh, well the wave seekbar could:
a) not lock the file at all, as this would only be required if it would write to it
b) tell foobar about it (there should be some way)
to solve the problem

Hi, Michael  :-)

Thanks for all the great work!
I'm having an issue with the last few versions (I'm using v0.4.5.9 now); maybe you can help.

After a track change, the lyrics panel shows only the album, artist, and title.  In order to get the lyrics to load, I have to right-click in the panel, click "Reload lyric" and "Next lyric" (in that order).  Once I do that, it works fine until the next track change.

I've tried the setting mentioned above, but it made no difference.
Any ideas?

that's strange, I can't imagine the problem cause. could you please give me some example artist & title name, please? that would help me a lot

Reply #245
So here is 0.4.6. I have delayed the database update once more to 0.4.7 (i know.. bad me ;P), but I really want to focus on stability & bugs now.
So far 0.4.5.9 has no reported crashes in Peter's crash database so far -  chances are high that a 0.4.6.x version will probably hit "stable" status.

foo_uie_lyrics2_0.4.6

~ Report bugs here ~
http://code.google.com/p/foo-display-lyrics/issues/list

~ Changelog ~
- fixed word wrapping not working sometimes
- fixed vertical/horizontal padding causing problems
- fixed black background error
- possible fix for proxy authentication
- changed rendering timer to reduce cpu usage
- removed error message if tag writing fails

Reply #246
thanks for your continued works Michael87, i for one appreciate it

EDIT: using 0.4.6, everything seems fine except for when anything contained within the same panel stack is working / refreshing the text in the lyrics panel jerks to the top of the panel when it should be static.
unfortunetly, it happens that quickly that i cant get a screen grab to show you. if i can provide anymore info please let me know.
thanks again

Reply #247
mhh, well the wave seekbar could:
a) not lock the file at all, as this would only be required if it would write to it

OK, maybe.  I just thought that it might be the case that the OS (not any foobar component) would automatically prevent a file from being modified by a process (uie_lyrics2) at the same time as another process (seekbar) is reading data from the file.

Mike

Reply #248
when anything contained within the same panel stack is working / refreshing the text in the lyrics panel jerks to the top of the panel when it should be static.
unfortunetly, it happens that quickly that i cant get a screen grab to show you. if i can provide anymore info please let me know.
thanks again

i can reproduce that the  artist/title/album fallback text jerks to the top on initialization, but I think you have different problem here,

could you supply me with a screenshot of your panel stack config ,please? (so that i can setup mine the same way)
thanks

OK, maybe.  I just thought that it might be the case that the OS (not any foobar component) would automatically prevent a file from being modified by a process (uie_lyrics2) at the same time as another process (seekbar) is reading data from the file.

Mike

maybe I'll add a delay setting in the 0.4.7.x versions, if they didn't fix it until then

Reply #249

Hi Michael87,

My settings since T.P.Wang's previous component:

I have two tagfields, LYRICS and UNSYNCED LYRICS.
If there are some unsynced lyrics already in the tag the synced lyrics, if they have been found, are not saved to tag automatically, not to mention the unsynced will be deleted.
It is only working if there aren't any lyrics.