Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Xchange v3 (Read 335677 times) previous topic - next topic

Xchange v3

Reply #875
@Falstaff

I'm working on my own config and I was wondering how would I add a hide scrollbar button and that letter search bar thing into my ELPlaylist like in Xchange v3.5.1b?

i do not give personal lessons about foobar, but to hide the scrollbar with a button for elp, put your elp panel in a PSS panel, set its width larger than the PSS when the scrollbar is hidden (use a variable in PSS to handle the scrollbar status : 0 = hidden, 1 = visible) and same width as the PSS when visible. do not foget to set the scrollbar in ELP settings always visible.

to change the status and so the display of the scrollbar,  i've defined a button in the PSS panel container.

With these infos, check how it's done in Xchange to grab my scripts and learn about that

the index panel is a Graphical Browser panel placed in the same PSS as the ELP panel.

Xchange v3

Reply #876
1) i'm so sorry to ask you this - but i don't get it how to show album covers. i know this is most commonly asked question, but sorry. my cover arts are in each album as "folder.jpg", album viewer at the top right is showing them, but on elp playlist they're gone. i'm not good in programing and i don't know how to type a variable to show a cover in some folder.

File -> Preferences -> covers

no code to modify

i forgot to say, i read it in instructions that i need to go there for covers, what i meant to say - what should i type in to display cover art in folder? my covers are in each folder, so i don't know how to type the path.

also, how to automatically set whenever i start foobar, i get albums in elpplaylist minimized?

thanks for you help

Xchange v3

Reply #877
1) i'm so sorry to ask you this - but i don't get it how to show album covers. i know this is most commonly asked question, but sorry. my cover arts are in each album as "folder.jpg", album viewer at the top right is showing them, but on elp playlist they're gone. i'm not good in programing and i don't know how to type a variable to show a cover in some folder.

no code to modify

i forgot to say, i read it in instructions that i need to go there for covers, what i meant to say - what should i type in to display cover art in folder? my covers are in each folder, so i don't know how to type the path.

also, how to automatically set whenever i start foobar, i get albums in elpplaylist minimized?

thanks for you help

Xchange v3

Reply #878

no code to modify

thanks for you help

!

Xchange v3

Reply #880
Can somebody explain more about the moodbar implementation? Do I need to download something additional? I see the small heart beside the track progress bar, but clicking it does nothing. I couldn't seem to find any sufficient documentation here, other than a flash demo.

Xc_3.5.1 - Quick Manual.pdf, chapter 5 : Seekbar/moodbar

but as said in the manuel, it's experimental and don't work with some filenames that contains too special characters

Ah yes thank you! I've gotten it to work on mp3s so far, with only roman characters. However, no luck with FLAC at all it seems; and any file with Japanese characters in it does not work. Do you know if support for unicode characters will ever be available? Thanks!

Edit: I stand corrected! Some Japanese-tagged FLAC files seem to be working... but the file path must be in roman characters, or at least the first 8 characters in each path must be roman. Too bad....

Xchange v3

Reply #881
Is it possible to change the background to the following option: Artist Image/Not present show default background ?

It's the only thing that is missing from this awesome skin If it changes the current setting from Artist Image/Not present show Cover then that won't be an issue for me.

Xchange v3

Reply #882
Is it possible to change the background to the following option: Artist Image/Not present show default background ?

It's the only thing that is missing from this awesome skin If it changes the current setting from Artist Image/Not present show Cover then that won't be an issue for me.

signed! missing that too!

BTW: 
Quote from: sadburai link=msg=0 date=
i have one question about the artist art display in graphical browser:
i don't have artist arts for each artist and so i want to display the same file for every artist without an 'own' artist art. This file is called Various_Artists.jpg, the others %artist%.jpg just as normal.

So i tryed to modify the code myself with the following result:
$puts($if2(kap,'D:\Bilder\Artist Pics\'$replace(%artist%,'/',)'.jpg','D:\Bilder\Artist Pics\Various_Artists.jpg'))

But this doesnt work, is this possible at all? I also have the same question for foo_covers!

Thanks,

sadburai

EDIT: Btw is it possible to automate the MoodBar?

This post has been edited by sadburai: Sep 15 2009, 14:23

Any answers for this?

Xchange v3

Reply #883
EDIT: Btw is it possible to automate the MoodBar?

It would be convenient, but with the majority of non-roman tags in some people's library, it would be running for nothing.

Xchange v3

Reply #884
When importing the .fcl file I get this message

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Xchange v3

Reply #885
I solved the problem on my own. Because of UAC I had to give my Foobar2000 folder more rights

Xchange v3

Reply #886
Hello. I've been using xchange for quite some time now, and have always tried to fix and work around problems on my own. However, this has me stumped: When storing ratings/playback statistics in the database, the track rating will not display in ELPlaylist, but it will display (if the track is currently playing) in the bottom right of foobar. I have not manually set any ratings. In the xchange options, I have it set for ratings to be stored in the database, and in the playback statistics preferences, I also have it set to only write in the database.

I've attached a screenshot for illustration.

Thanks.

Xchange v3

Reply #887
is your music actually being monitored by the library? check the properties of the file to make sure it has an "added" date under "playback statistics".

Xchange v3

Reply #888
@uninvitedguest: it's surely a little bug, could you show me all the statisitics tags : last_played, first_played, play_count, play_counter ... etc othe this track please.

in the rate engine (at bottom), there is a star but it's not a bright star! this rating is an autorating that Xchange calcultate based on the play_counter, date of the day and the last_played/first_played informations. the algo is in ELPlaylist too but it's written in titleformatting, so, there is maybe a little difference compared to javascript algo used in the rate engine.

Xchange v3

Reply #889
@uninvitedguest: it's surely a little bug, could you show me all the statisitics tags : last_played, first_played, play_count, play_counter ... etc othe this track please.

in the rate engine (at bottom), there is a star but it's not a bright star! this rating is an autorating that Xchange calcultate based on the play_counter, date of the day and the last_played/first_played informations. the algo is in ELPlaylist too but it's written in titleformatting, so, there is maybe a little difference compared to javascript algo used in the rate engine.

There are no playback statistics in the tags of the file because I have xchange/foobar configured as such:

Unless there's a way to view the playback statistics that are stored in the database. If there is, how would I do that?

It seems that the rate engine is able to pick up on values stored in the database to create the autorating, but the ELPlaylist can only retrieve this information from the audio file's tags?

Xchange v3

Reply #890
Another issue I've run in to is the default sorting of albums between the graphical browser and the ELPlaylist. Highlighted in the picture below, the graphical browser sorts the albums by Album Artist - Year - Album Name. The ELPlaylist seems to sort strictly by Album Artist - Album Name. I've tried playing with the sort order in the ELPlaylist and never had any luck.

Lastly, I don't know if this is an issue or just a change in how you liked the ELPlaylist to display tracks. When the %artist% tag doesn't = %album artist%, in previous versions of xchange it would display the Track Title then the list of artists- this has now been reversed, and often leads to the track title being shoved right out of the ELPlaylist and not displayed. Can anyone tell me how I can switch this back?

Xchange v3

Reply #891
What is the latest version of this config? I kinda lost count.

Xchange v3

Reply #893
Thank you, that link was very helpful.

What if I wanted ELPlaylist to display in the same order as the Graphical browser though? That's been the problem I can't seem to get around.

Xchange v3

Reply #894
I just installed Windows 7 and of course had to get foobar and Xchange right away.  I just noticed though that the playcount in the ELPlaylist isn't updating when set to "only foo_custominfo database".  All my files are read-only because of my zune's tendency to destroy my tags, so I don't like writing the playcount to the tags.  I tested it though and that way works (the little number shows up in the playlist).  I'm running all components up to date as far as I know.  I have tried both Xchange 3.5.1b and the 3.5.2 floating around.  I do faintly remember running into this problem before, but forget how I fixed it (of course).  If anyone has any suggestions that'd be great.

Xchange v3

Reply #895
I just installed Windows 7 and of course had to get foobar and Xchange right away.  I just noticed though that the playcount in the ELPlaylist isn't updating when set to "only foo_custominfo database".  All my files are read-only because of my zune's tendency to destroy my tags, so I don't like writing the playcount to the tags.  I tested it though and that way works (the little number shows up in the playlist).  I'm running all components up to date as far as I know.  I have tried both Xchange 3.5.1b and the 3.5.2 floating around.  I do faintly remember running into this problem before, but forget how I fixed it (of course).  If anyone has any suggestions that'd be great.

just use the official statistics component : foo_playcount.dll (chek components page in foobar2000.org), it save stats in a db, not in files

Xchange v3

Reply #896
I have 2 questions:
1º I have cover art on each folder for the Artist/Band. I get the front, back and artist cover, How can i have the Icon and the Disc cover? I tried to change names but doesn´t display.
2º Can i get multiple covers for the same band/artist?  How?

Thanks.

Xchange v3

Reply #897
Hey to all. Great work on that one, hands down!
I have got two questions though: I had had a different version of exchange installed but graded up to seven 64 and have now set up foobar freshly.
My problem: In the elplaylist panel I got the coverimages show themselves even if they were NOT appended to the file but the image merely lying in the containing folder. I typed somewhere something like %folder% . I cant remember what exactly it was though.
Can someone tell me please WHERE I have to do that?
As far as the other problem is concerned: I have 2 folders where my music is stored in: "folder" and "no folder", the first ones contains albums with a cover, and I want chrownflow to only show the ones that are in the "folder" - folder.
thanx in advance

Xchange v3

Reply #898
can you release a fcl for me that doesn't call up chronflow? i think that's what is crashing my foobar when i try to load the newest fcl.

please

Xchange v3

Reply #899
Dunno if this has been discussed before in this thread - I did manage a fair few pages before snow blindness set it, however:

Can someone please tell me how to switch out one of the panels for Albumlist?

I've installed the new Xchange and really like it (even though I had to update and sort a ton of things to get it working) but foobar is useless for me without albumlist. Currently I use  the tri-panel list thing but it's just too cramped to be of long term use so ideally I'd switch that one for album list.

Help would be much appreciated even if it's just a link to an afore mentioned solution.

:]