Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A minor suggestion to the SDK (Read 3708 times) previous topic - next topic

A minor suggestion to the SDK

In resampler.h, resampler_entry still derived from dsp_entry, I think dsp_entry_v2 should be a better replacement for the future development. I've test it and it works.

Reply #1
This change would break binary compatibility.
I've test it and it works.
Have you tried a component that implements resampler_entry and is compiled with the original SDK in combination with a component that uses the resampler_entry service and is compiled with your modified SDK?

Reply #2
I've test a component compiled with modified SDK in combination with PPHS, 1st PPHS resample to 48kHz and then the modified component resample to 96kHz.
It works without obvious problem.

I've re-analyse the SDK, I think the fb2k-core will incorporate the dsp only via dsp_entry's static method, the g_* functions. This would guarantee the safety to the modification. I still can't find any serious problem yet.
Or may I miss/misunderstand something?

Reply #3
You're completely missing the point of resampler_entry. Please don't change interface definitions (that you clearly don't understand), doing this will only cause obscure crashes when using other components that explicitly instantiate resampler services and get your component blacklisted for causing trouble.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #4
You're completely missing the point of resampler_entry. Please don't change interface definitions (that you clearly don't understand), doing this will only cause obscure crashes when using other components that explicitly instantiate resampler services and get your component blacklisted for causing trouble.

ok, I'll stick to the original sdk. i'm going to read the code more carefully, would you mind explain the codes if i got questions?