Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to get spectrum of whole file, just like (struct vis_chunk.spectru (Read 2531 times) previous topic - next topic

how to get spectrum of whole file, just like (struct vis_chunk.spectru

I found that spectrum of struct vis_chunk, but it only is current, how to get the spectrum of whole file?

In addition, I read the source code of foo_bitcompare, it call audio_chunk_i.get_data to get src1, what is this?

Could you give me some advice? I want to draw the waveform of whole audio file, just like audacity.

Reply #1
That's not possible as foobar2000 only decodes the current playing part of the file - not the entire file before playback.

It has been discussed before and I think it's a really good idea, but you need to create a separate scanner, similar to the replaygain scanner and store the image somewhere.

If you do this, it would be cool if you were also able to create a CUI seekbar as discussed in the other thread
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #2
Thanks. I read that topic, and realized that it is a challenge. I will read more audacity and think...