Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lame_enc.dll specify lowpass, highpass (Read 5078 times) previous topic - next topic

lame_enc.dll specify lowpass, highpass

Hi,

Is it possible to specify lowpass and highpass frequencies when using lame_enc.dll ?

TIA
Xire

Reply #1
If I remember correctly it is not possible. The most feature-full dll library can be found here.
Sorry for my poor English, I'm trying to get better... ;)
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Reply #2
If I remember correctly it is not possible. The most feature-full dll library can be found here.

Thanks, but not the best solution as editing something in "program files" is not the best option with latest Microsoft OSes

Reply #3
Thanks, but not the best solution as editing something in "program files" is not the best option with latest Microsoft OSes

Editing using notepad is simple as flail's construction! 

Reply #5
There was an INI configurable lame.dll IIRC.

Reply #6
Maybe if the OP told us what cut-off frequencies he'd like to impose, on how many files, and why, we might be able to offer an alternative solution?

It may also be worth the OP considering the fact that applying a high-pass filter may lead to increased distortion and clipping as the signal is no longer so tightly tied to the zero-crossing point, therefore, has a tendency to 'flap around' both above and below the zero-crossing point. I tried this some time ago with a 35Hz high-pass filter on a music file that was already close to clipping and the results were truly horrendous.

Cheers, Slipstreem. 

Reply #7
It should also be pointed out that the lowest highpass filter that can be applied with lame is fairly high, something like 350 Hz.

Reply #8

Editing using notepad is simple as flail's construction! 

try this under Vista with user without admin rights

Before asking for help please read here and particularly here.