Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Volume tags ReplayGain vs WMP stuff-up (Read 2281 times) previous topic - next topic

Volume tags ReplayGain vs WMP stuff-up

In my ignorance I ripped my entire CD collection using WMP and enabled "Volume Normalising" to MP3.
I have since learnt this was a big mistake.

I deleted all the MP3 files.
I re-ripped everything with WMP (with vol norm OFF, definately OFF and have never turned it on again) and applied MP3Gain which worked great. The real amplitude of each file has been altered.
If I load any of the music into my Cowen personal MP3 player the volume levels are even.
It has no reading of volume tags.
However on the SONOS system the volume is very uneven.
So it seems to be reading some tags when in theory there should not be any volume tags present.

I've read that Foobar can apply ReplayGain tags to my music files.
So will the SONOS system read the ReplayGain tags in preference to the suss WMP tags?

Or does anyone know how to check/remove the WMP volume tags easily?

I really do not what to rip 1,000 CDS for a fourth time.