Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HowTo?: VA albums as artist "Various Artist" in library (Read 1759 times) previous topic - next topic

HowTo?: VA albums as artist "Various Artist" in library

Hi, I have Foobar with FOFR installed.
I found that either VA or OST in music folder name changes album appearance in the way seen on my picture left - i.e. no artist in header, but part of song description.
Further, because of iPod, I tag such "compilation" albums with additional tag Album Artist "Various Artists" and - by virtue of iPod Manager Plugin, this helps me keep such albums together in iPod. So far good.

Now my question. With albums tagged like this, I have a problem that each song artist from such compilations appears as extra artist in my music library (red part of my picture below). Instead of this, I would like to have all VA and OST albums under artist "Various Artists". How can I set this in Foobar?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.