Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Some issues with foo_dop (Read 3311 times) previous topic - next topic

Some issues with foo_dop

After having some issues with iTunes 7.7, I have been experimenting with some alternatives. Two that I have used in the past were Anapod and XPlay. These programs were decent, but I have found that they don't work with gapless playback.

I am now playing around with foo_dop. It is a nice component for managing the iPod. I like how it will automatically convert ReplayGain values to SoundCheck. However, I ran into a few snags. My apologies if these have been discussed before. As always, I perform searches before posting anything . . . but rarely do I find what I am looking for.

I have foo_dop configured to convert non-supported files (ie. FLAC) to AAC and to have those converted files scanned for ReplayGain.

After converting several files, I noticed that the Album Gain values for several albums were not consistent. On an album containing 11 songs, the first four had Album Gains of -6.06 db. The next track had an album gain of -6.17 db. The remaining tracks had album gains of -4.82 db.

This doesn't happen if I convert a few albums at a time. It only happens if I convert several (in the neighborhood of 1,000 files). Obviously, this would be a non-issue if I didn't plan on using SoundCheck for volume normalization. But I am still at a loss as to why this is happening.

Some issues with foo_dop

Reply #1
What version of foo_dop did you use to send the tracks with incorrect albumgain?

Some issues with foo_dop

Reply #3
OK, it is bork  Looking into it...

[edit] in the mean time, you can fix it by doing "load library", and then manually replaygain scanning the files, and then running 'iPod/Update metadata on iPod' on those files.

Some issues with foo_dop

Reply #4
I uploaded 0.6.2.6, it should be corrected, please please verify. Thanks.

Some issues with foo_dop

Reply #5
It appears to have resolved the issue. Thank you.