Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero AAC Development (Read 66105 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero AAC Development

Reply #50
So how is dev coming along anyway?

My guess is that we will have a new encoder come out this month.  Back in April (if I remember correctly, it might have been May), I was told that a new AAC encoder would come out in a couple of months.  It has been a couple of months since then so I imagine that a new encoder will come out in June or maybe early July.  I am not trying to rush the developers though.  From what I understand, there are going to be some significant changes in their AAC encoder.

Nero AAC Development

Reply #52
Regarding that it was already very good I wonder how much they can still improve. I'm hoping for the best :-)

Nero AAC Development

Reply #53
OK now it's July, let's add some space for problems with Nero's web site hosting team: Next year -> next version?

Nero AAC Development

Reply #54
Hopefully a bit earlier. Christmas perhaps :-p

Nero AAC Development

Reply #55
Hey guys that was a joke ;-) It would be great to have the new version before christmas   
Is there a rough estimate when the new version might arrive? So that lazy guys like me  don't have to check every day for it.

Nero AAC Development

Reply #56
Hello - new Nero user - just curious if there is an approximated time frame for the new version to be released?

Nero AAC Development

Reply #57
I would like to know this, too!

Nero AAC Development

Reply #58
Nice to see people impatiently waiting for new version

Nero AAC Development

Reply #59
I'm not waiting for the new version, I'm waiting for the announcement of the official release date. When will this announcement be announced? 

Just couldn't resist to post this request.

Nero AAC Development

Reply #60
Will be great to see a new release of the encoder that builds upon the strengths of the existing version.

Nero AAC Development

Reply #61
Nice to see people impatiently waiting for new version

Yes... although every now and then it does feel like folks are hassling you a bit.

Reality check:
  • The Nero team has given us, free of charge, an exceptional AAC encoder, with a plethora of options.
  • They have told us at various times that the known issues still affecting the current version of the encoder are/will be addressed in the next version.
  • There have been hints that the updated version would be released "soon."

Given all of the above, it's easy to see why folks are impatient for the new release! However, it is also necessary to remind ourselves that the Nero team is primarily responsible for programming a commercial product. The free version is provided on their own terms, at their own timing, and it is quite reasonable that they would make the updated features and fixes available to their paid customers first, as part of the Nero suite.

I'll add my voice to those eagerly awaiting the updated version - as it will (hopefully) remove the necessity for any workarounds regarding CBR bitrate and perceived quality at certain, specific levels - but I would also qualify that with appreciation for what has already been provided, gratitude for making a free version available, and continued thanks for the stated commitment to further developments.

- M.

Nero AAC Development

Reply #62
Thank you M for the nice post

Nero AAC Development

Reply #63
OK, apart from all the (necessary) free software/open source typical brownnosing phrases, when do you think your company will release an update?

Nero AAC Development

Reply #64
@Squeller: I think it does deserve kudos to release such a good encoder for free.

Nero AAC Development

Reply #65
Maybe. But primarily, as it's a company, it deserves you to buy Nero AG software.

Nero AAC Development

Reply #66
So... We still don't have the answer?

Nero AAC Development

Reply #69

So... We still don't have the answer?
42, but maybe we didn't ask the precise question

42? 

I think we asked the right question... But then again, who knows...

Yes, 42 
I'm also interested... but, who knows...
--------------------

Nero AAC Development

Reply #70
Hehe, two ways to kill a thread- bring up Hitler or answer a question with 42.

Nero AAC Development

Reply #72
I think the boss is still on vacation and nobody dares to tell anything. So the precise question might be: When will this mighty person be back?   

I hope the new version has been tweaked. Yesterday I listened to a track encoded with q0.40 and stereo balance wasn't right on vocals. At q0.50 problem wasn't abx-able.

Nero AAC Development

Reply #73
There is some news floating around that Nero 8.4.0.0 will soon be released.

Which, of course, doesn't mean Nero AAC will be updated too.

Nero AAC Development

Reply #74
I think the Nero people like to tease us a little bit to increase the tension ;-)
Probably they have the version ready and just want to see more begging on our behalf :-P