Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lyrics Show Panel (Modified version) (Read 487852 times) previous topic - next topic

Lyrics Show Panel (Modified version)

Reply #625
@vogliadicane

Try moving the panel with $movepanel_c(Lyrics,x,y,w,h), that solved my problems with Lyrics panel transparency.

Thanks that helped!

Seems it has to be triggered once somehow... (and Panelshow alone isn´t enough)

Reply #626
Wang, you just made me happy

For some reason the original plugin just didn't seem to find any timestamped lyrics from the internet, so i removed it.
Today i downloaded your modification and, surprisingly it all works perfectly now.

Great work! Really!

May i ask you (or the rest of the users here) which databases this plugin searchs for timestamped lyrics?
It's just because i thought about writing some myself for songs which can't be found yet and upload them.
How do i do that?

Thanks for your answeres

Reply #627
It uses the minilyrics database. You can edit and upload lyrics with said program.

Reply #628
For some reason, some of my lyrics appear really wrong. For example, a lyric to track 1 will appear on track 4 or so, however on the rest of the tracks, even track 1, it will appear correctly. There is no <LYRIC> tag on the file properties or the album folder as well, so I have no idea why it's doing this. Is it an error on the lyrics server for some particular songs? Or am I doing something wrong?

Here is a screenshot of one of these songs:
http://img40.picoodle.com/img/img40/2/6/4/...edm_18879ca.jpg

Reply #629
Sometimes things go wrong. When it has occurred to me, I have;

Right click [in lyric panel] > File association > Disable association
Then re-download.

This has worked for me and my config....YMMV

terry

Reply #630
I love this plugin, i wonder if the author could add more internet sources to grab lyrics..

Reply #631
T.P.Wang,
I was changing something in Lyrics Show panel preferences, and noticed this:

Reply #632
Funny 

I have a feature request: Image Limits greater than 5 from last.fm would be very nice. I'd like to set it to 50 or even more. 

Reply #634
Is it possible to have this component read from files first, and then from tags (%lyrics%,%unsynched lyrics%) if no lyrics are found?  iirc telling the component to read from a tag field would make it override text files, which is not ideal in my case since my files are timed and my lyrics field is just plain text.

This also relates to a request I have, that it be possible to scroll the "Formatting string (if no lyrics are found)" with the arrow keys just like untimed lyrics (because I tried putting %lyrics% into the Formatting string box but it's not possible to scroll it to see the whole thing)

Reply #635
Feature request : FORMATTING STRING FOR FOUND LYRICS

Just as there is a script box to enter a formatting string for lyrics not found, could we have the same for lyrics that are actually found ?

This way we could enter some titleformat header that would be previous to the found lyrics. For example :

Code: [Select]
%artist%$crlf()
%title%$crlf()
$crlf()

... just as we would do with the Text Display DUI component. Do you get the idea ?

Reply #636
...or with Item Details in CUI
I think it is nice idea, and would also like to suggest some simple editor for time-stamping lyrics

Reply #638
Yes, I know, thanks
Only that the component was last active in 2007, but maybe it's finished project for it's author ssenna, although the editor is in alpha stage
And replacing ":" to "." or deleting ":ms" is funny, as it limitation for updating the lyrics tag

Reply #639
An editor for lyrics that meets today's standards would be very nice. I second that request. Would be cool if you could first write the lyrics in some kind of a text window, then start foobar2000's playback and just click once for every new line of song text to set the time markers. You shouldn't have to hover the mouse cursor over specific lines during that but just single-click somewhere in the window (or maybe use a keyboard key like Space).

Reply #640
I'am using SingedIT
very small program but complete

Reply #641
An integrated component would be obviously better, if it exists.

I hope T.P is still alive, I haven't seen him in quite a long time...

Reply #642
An editor for lyrics that meets today's standards would be very nice. I second that request. Would be cool if you could first write the lyrics in some kind of a text window, then start foobar2000's playback and just click once for every new line of song text to set the time markers. You shouldn't have to hover the mouse cursor over specific lines during that but just single-click somewhere in the window (or maybe use a keyboard key like Space).

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=642265

Reply #643
would it be possible to add the ability for changing the port (that it uses for online services) with a little field in the options??

As far as i was able to have a quick overlook to the codefiles, the port is fixed on port 1212 (download.h) file. I really would appreciate that little update, cause im not able to connect due the fact that only little ports are opened in my network =(

Or maybe there is already a workaround? (i have to say that i didnt read all 26pages of topic here  )

Reply #644
This question is probably really easy for someone to answer but anyway.
I'm trying to get it to save the lyrics to the folder the song is in a folder named _LYRICS, so i tried to %path%/_LYRICS but didn't work.
So does anyone know how to do this? And also so it searches that folder for them as well.

Thanks beforehand

Reply #645
This question is probably really easy for someone to answer but anyway.
I'm trying to get it to save the lyrics to the folder the song is in a folder named _LYRICS, so i tried to %path%/_LYRICS but didn't work.
So does anyone know how to do this? And also so it searches that folder for them as well.

Thanks beforehand

%path% includes filename.ext . You shoul use $directory_path(%path%) instead.

Reply #646
Hi, need a little help.
I have foobar2000 0.9.6.8, Columns UI 0.3.7.8 and Lyrics Show Panel 0.3.3.9.

The problem is the Lyrics aren't displayed anywhere and I don't think they're being downloaded either (although I've checked "Download automatically" in the Internet tab).
Also View -> Lyric Show is greyed out.
Maybe I'm forgetting something basic here  I can't find any documentation of the plugin, so I'm hoping you guys can help.

Reply #647
The problem is the Lyrics aren't displayed anywhere and I don't think they're being downloaded either (although I've checked "Download automatically" in the Internet tab).

i had the same problem, and activation "ouput verbose debugging information" (Settings-> Lyrics Show Panel -> misc tab) showed me the following information when clicking for a online search of the lyrics [viewing the console: foobar menu->view->console]
foo_uie_lyrics: SearchThreadProc: HttpSendRequest failed.

i had the problem caused due the closed port (described 2 posts above)

May these little information is helping you =)  *Sometimes* these verbose text are understandable for humans ^^

Reply #648
No errors there.
The lyrics window isn't displayed anywhere, so I guess that's the main problem.

EDIT: Fixed!
I knew it was something simple. Had to add a Lyric Show panel in Columns UI config.
I'm sure it's pretty obvious for you guys, I just wish the information that it needs to be done would be given somewhere - for people not familiar with Columns UI/foobar.

Reply #649
Im using Coulums UI with Tabbed Panel Stack Mod.. Is it normal for the lyrics not to scroll when i turn on Transparency?

They work fine when its turned off, So i figure its just a bug?

When transparency is turned on it doesnt scroll unless i scroll over the tabs....

[a href="http://img268.imageshack.us/i/lyricsy.jpg/" target="_blank"]

EDIT: Well i fixed the problem..Changed the Tabbed Panel Stack Mod to Tab Stack and its working now.. I would like to use the other addon because you can choose if you want it on TOP or BOTTOM of the playlist, I dont think you can do that with Tab Stack addon...