Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader (Read 475761 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader

Reply #275
i did exactly what you say but the File Browser is still searching for "folder.jpg" album art. Am i missing something?
Chaintech AV-710 Wolfson DAC - Carver CM1065 - JBL LX770

Album Art Downloader

Reply #276
i did exactly what you say but the File Browser is still searching for "folder.jpg" album art. Am i missing something?
So, you start Album Art Downloader, you click File, New, File Browser, click Options and fill in cover.jpg in the image search box. You then click the "Search" button, and the results area fills with albums. The Artwork Status column show what, just "Not Present"? Or does it find a Folder.jpg that it shouldn't? Could you try copying one of your Cover.jpg to Folder.jpg, and see if it is found?

I'm not sure what else I can suggest, that is the way to do it, and it finds cover.jpg just fine for me here. You could try using *.jpg instead, I suppose, that might help.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #277
jajajajjaja this is why i always failed my english tests, i never read the questions so i never answer what i should.

The options button in the File Browser was always there, i just dont see it. 

Sorry for your time 
Chaintech AV-710 Wolfson DAC - Carver CM1065 - JBL LX770

Album Art Downloader

Reply #278
Hey, the Artist, Trivialbeing isn't working for me. I don't find any artist's images. Is a the failure of the tool or the websites?

Ok, Temporarily Offline.

Are there any alternatives besides http://www.artisttrivialbeing.org/? And did anybody design a script for it?

Album Art Downloader

Reply #279
I love XUI version 0.8. It even seems to load faster than previous XUI builds.

1. I use FB2K via foo_run. My command line is:
Code: [Select]
albumart.exe -ar "%artist%" -al "%album% OR %title%" -p "C:\#pix2\CD Covers\%artist% - %album% FRONT (%name%).jpg"

while %name% refers to an internal switch within albumart.exe, and does not derive from foobar. It's great for multiple releases and accidental matches and such.
For some reason this switch is ignored while going to the app. Is there any workaround that could transfer %name% as-is to the app?

2. Wonderful job with the RateYourMusic script. Could anyone post a script for http://www.israel-music.com/? It's more or less the only source for Jewish/Israeli covers.

3. Could you add a command-line option for 'sort by' (name/size/source)?

Album Art Downloader

Reply #281
Rev 0.8 crash report...

Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\apps\media\audio\REACT2\coverdownloader\errorlog.txt

App version: 0.8.0.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\Local Settings\Application Data\AlbumArtDownloader\albumart.exe_Url_mu2psj2qqjbnx4e5zddnsbg4k1jy1e5q\0.8.0.0\user.config' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.WriteFileContext.FileIsWriteLocked(String FileName)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.WriteFileContext.ReplaceFile(String Source, String Target)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.WriteFileContext.Complete(String filename, Boolean success)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.StaticWriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext, Boolean assertPermissions)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.W
riteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext, Boolean assertPermissions)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.DelegatingConfigHost.WriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext, Boolean assertPermissions)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ClientSettingsConfigurationHost.WriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext)
   at System.Configuration.UpdateConfigHost.WriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext)
   at System.Configuration.MgmtConfigurationRecord.SaveAs(String filename, ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode, Boolean forceUpdateAll)
   at System.Configuration.Configuration.SaveAsImpl(String filename, ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode, Boolean forceSaveAll)
   at System.Configuration.Configuration.Save()
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.WriteSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isRoaming, IDictionary newSettings)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.SetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyValueCollection values)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.SaveCore()
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.Save()
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.Save()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.Properties.WindowSettings.SaveWindowState()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.Properties.WindowSettings.window_Closing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Window.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.ArtSearchWindow.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Window.WmClose()
   at System.Windows.Window.WindowFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.UnsafeSendMessage(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Window.InternalClose(Boolean shutdown, Boolean ignoreCancel)
   at System.Windows.Window.Close()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.ArtSearchWindow.AutoCloseOnSave(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.AlbumArt.NotifyPropertyChanged(String propertyName)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.AlbumArt.SaveInternal(Object sender)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.AlbumArt.RetrieveFullSizeImage(WaitCallback callback)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.AlbumArt.Save()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.ArtSearchWindow.SaveExec(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e, CommandBinding commandBinding)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(CommandBindingCollection commandBindings, Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnExecutedThunk(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.ExecutedRoutedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteCore(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

Album Art Downloader

Reply #282
0.8 bug report:

Several times now, the downloader has identified GIF or BMP files as valid album art... and renamed them as JPG files while downloading.

I'm not sure whether GIF or BMP's are good album art candidates (it certainly leads me to request file size in KB , and/or file type indicator, as a feature)... but I guarantee renaming to a different extension causes other software to get very confused!

Here's an example:
Artist: Keith Green
Album: The Ministry Years
Source: Google Image

Lots of stuff comes up. Look at the stylized face art, which is silver or green (disc 1, disc 2). The green face, 185x187 size, from Google Images, is a GIF file:

Album Art Downloader

Reply #283
OK, I haven't checked here for a while, time for some answers:
Is there any workaround that could transfer %name% as-is to the app?
I think you use %% to escape a % sign in foo_run, so using %%name%% should do the job.

Could anyone post a script for http://www.israel-music.com/? It's more or less the only source for Jewish/Israeli covers.
Sorry, I don't have time at the moment. Perhaps someone else will take a look at it...

3. Could you add a command-line option for 'sort by' (name/size/source)?
Sounds reasonable. Should make it into the next version, whenever I get round to one.

Rev 0.8 crash report...
Thanks for reporting this. The error has occurred because AAD was unable to read its settings file: "C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\Local Settings\Application Data\AlbumArtDownloader\albumart.exe_Url_mu2psj2qqjbnx4e5zddnsbg4k1jy1e5q\0.8.0.0\user.config". It recieved an Access Denied error. Without being able to load its settings, it can't run. I don't know why your system has denied access to this file for AAD.

Several times now, the downloader has identified GIF or BMP files as valid album art... and renamed them as JPG files while downloading.
Make sure that the filename to save your images as ends in .%extension%, instead of .jpg, that way it will name them appropriately.

Alex

Album Art Downloader

Reply #284
Is there any workaround that could transfer %name% as-is to the app?
I think you use %% to escape a % sign in foo_run, so using %%name%% should do the job.
Brilliant. It works now, only apparently I had to add '(' ')' for the parenthesis I wanted to add for the %name% value, otherwise the statement is completely ignored. Thanks for your help.

One more thing: Even though I have the "new window" option off on albumart.exe and "simultanious runs=1" on foo_run, the app still loads a new window everytime I run a new search from Foobar. Can there be an option to allow allow only one instance/window of the app run?

Album Art Downloader

Reply #285
Hey, are you the Alex Vallat that has byalexv.co.uk? If so, we used to talk a lot on ICQ 10 years ago or so. I see you still have a VB module I wrote in your "Useful stuff library" part (again, assuming it's you).

Anyway, I downloaded your program but can't get it to run. I have .NET 2.0 runtimes installed but the program just crashes on startup... It's a fresh XP install, so I'm probably missing some other dependency.

Edit: Never mind, just noticed the 3 in ".NET 3.0 required"

Album Art Downloader

Reply #286
Are there any commandline options in the new xui version?

Album Art Downloader

Reply #287
Are there any commandline options in the new xui version?
Yes. It is command-line compatible with the original CoverDownloader, so should work with React2. The full list of command parameters is:

/artist      Artist to search for            (/artist "Artist Name")
              May be abbreviated to /ar      (/ar "Artist Name")
              Parameter name may be omitted
              if this is the first parameter  ("Artist Name")

/album      Album to search for            (/album "Album Name")
              May be abbreviated to /al      (/al "Album Name")
              if this is the second parameter ("Artist Name" "Album Name")

/path        Default path to save art as    (/path "\Art\Folder.jpg")
              May be abbreviated to /p        (/p "\Art\Folder.jpg")
              if this is the third parameter  ("Artist Name" "Album Name" "\Art\Folder.jpg")

The following variables can be used in paths:
              %artist%    Artist searched for
              %album%      Album searched for
              %name%      Name of the image found
              %extension%  Default file extension for the image
              %source%    Name of the source where image was found
              %size%      Dimensions of the image

/f          Provided for backwards          (/p "\Art" /f "Folder.jpg")
              compatibility only. When
              specified, the value is
              appended to the path.

/localImagesPath
              Path to search for local image  (/localImagesPath "\Art\Unsorted\**\*.jpg")
              files in. If not specified, the
              path to save art in is used.

The following variables can be used in paths:
              %artist%    Artist searched for
              %album%      Album searched for
              *            Wildcard, matches any characters
              \**\        Subfolder search. Any folders will match
                            at this point in the path. For example
                            "\Art\Unsorted\**\*.jpg" will match:
                              \Art\Unsorted\image.jpg
                              \Art\Unsorted\misc\image.jpg
                              \Art\Unsorted\misc\old\image.jpg

"\Art\Unsorted\*\*.jpg" will match only:
                              \Art\Unsorted\misc\image.jpg

/autoclose  Closes the search window after  (/autoclose)
              saving. To avoid closing, use
              Save As.
              May be abbreviated to /ac

Append "off" to disable closing (/autoclose off)
              the search window after saving,
              if this option is on by default.

/sources    Searches only the specified    (/sources "Amazon,Coveralia")
              sources. Others are disabled.
              Separate sources with commas.
              May be abbreviated to /s

/exclude    Does not search the specified  (/exclude "Local Files,Google")
              sources. Separate sources with
              commas.
              May be abbreviated to /es
              For backwards compatibilty, the
              parameter "/ae off" can also be
              used to exclude "Local Files".

/fileBrowser                                (/fileBrowser "\Music")
              Opens a File Browser window. If
              a path is specified, starts
              searching that path immediately.
              If no path is specified, the
              browser window is just opened.  (/fileBrowser)

If other parameters are not
              specified, then a search window
              will not be shown initially.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #288
When I search for album art the GUI freezes and I cannot minimize the window.

So my question to the developers: Are the album art downloads running in an own thread? It seems that they are not decoupled from the GUI.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #289
When I search for album art the GUI freezes and I cannot minimize the window.

So my question to the developers: Are the album art downloads running in an own thread? It seems that they are not decoupled from the GUI.

Yes, the searches and art downloads are running in a non-UI thread, and should not be blocking you from minimising the window, or interacting with other window controls (such as the Stop All link, for example). Are you using the latest (0.8 XUI) version?

Album Art Downloader

Reply #290
I attached a screenshot of my settings. Perhaps you can test, if you have the same problems?

[attachment=3682:attachment]

Album Art Downloader

Reply #291
I attached a screenshot of my settings. Perhaps you can test, if you have the same problems?

[attachment=3682:attachment]

Thanks for that. I tried running a search with those settings, and it was fine to start with. It does return a very large number of results, though, and as the number of results increased, the responsiveness decreased, unless the search was stopped first.

This is not a case of the search or download threads locking up the UI, but the UI thread itself doing too much work trying to resort, reflow and layout the results list when it has a large number of items in it. I'm currently working on some ideas for improving performance in this area, so hopefully next version will be better.

Until then, I'd generally suggest choosing a few sources you like rather than searching on all of them like that, or using the Stop All button, or setting a low limit on max number of results for the worst offenders like the Google and Amazon searches.

Alex

Album Art Downloader

Reply #292
On the above point, also should point out that sorting by Size and having automatic downloading of Unknown Size albums, while admittedly useful, does cause the results list to constantly re-sort itself, which adds to the problem. Not that that excuses the poor performance, but until I can get this next version out, it's worth knowing that switching it to sort by name or source will give better performance with large numbers of results.

On a happier note, as part of the work I'm doing on the new version, I've updated a couple of scripts which have become broken by website updates. Here are:

coveralia.boo v0.5
yes24.boo v0.3

PS: Foobar library browsing is now working on my dev build, so that will *definitely* be in 0.9

Alex

Album Art Downloader

Reply #293
Hi,

first of all: Great work! I haven't tried the new version for Framework 3.0 but at the moment i'm really satisfied with the one for 2.0.

There is only one thing i'm missing:

A plugin for one of the best cover-sites in the net (imho): www.darktown.to

Because i have no clou about writing such a plugin myself i would really appreciate if someone could do that for me if it's possible!

Thanks,

mik

Album Art Downloader

Reply #294
alex xcuse my dome question but if the scripts are not made i dont know how to use them. this scripts wont do me any good . and the other thing is im running v0.6 alpha2 .  THANK YOU AnyWay...

Album Art Downloader

Reply #295
A plugin for one of the best cover-sites in the net (imho): www.darktown.to

Had a very brief look at that site. Not touching that with a barge pole. Someone else can, if they like.

alex xcuse my dome question but if the scripts are not made i dont know how to use them. this scripts wont do me any good . and the other thing is im running v0.6 alpha2 .  THANK YOU AnyWay...

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking.

If you are asking how to write a script, then the first thing you're going to need is most likely a good knowledge of Regular Expressions, or some other way of automatically searching for patterns in a page. If you know this, then the easiest way to do a script is to start with an existing one and modify it.

If you are asking how to use a script (.boo) file that you have, then the answer is that you put it in the Scripts folder of wherever you installed album art downloader to ("c:\program files\album art downloader\scripts" for example). It will be picked up next time you run the program.

If you are asking for something else, then please try and explain more clearly what it is.

Alex

Album Art Downloader

Reply #296
Had a very brief look at that site. Not touching that with a barge pole. Someone else can, if they like.

Danke für die Antwort. Nachdem ich leider nicht selbst in der Lage bin den 2. Satz selbst zu übersetzen frage ich einfach mal nach, was das genau zu bedeuten hat (dass du es nicht machen wirst kann ich schon rauslesen, aber die genaue Bedeutung des Satzes erschließt sich mir nicht so ganz):

"Not touching that with a barge pole."??

Danke, mfg

ps.: Ich hoffe es stört hier niemanden, wenn ich dieses eine Post in Deutsch verfasse

Album Art Downloader

Reply #298
"Not touching that with a barge pole."??

It means he doesn't want to get anywhere near it. Another variation of this saying uses the term "a (proverbial) 10 ft pole" (10 ft is approximately 3 m).

ps.: Ich hoffe es stört hier niemanden, wenn ich dieses eine Post in Deutsch verfasse

Don't make a habit of writing your posts in German unless you intend to provide a full English translation.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #299
Alex you did answer what i needed to know . i thin k pretty clear . thank you