Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader (Read 477336 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader

Reply #225
All .boo files are present, but like you guessed, no boo script cache.dll file. The "compiling scripts" did appear, and no message error appeared. After running it once with Admin privileges, the file is created, and the scripts appear fine in all subsequent runs.
Thanks for the help!

And, while I'm writing a post, I figure I'll ask something else. My music collection is in a folder structure like this:
Code: [Select]
C:\Music\<First Letter of Artist Name>\<Artist Name>\<Year> - <Album>\
For example:
C:\Music\A\A Perfect Circle\2000 - Mer Des Noms\

I know that the Artist and Album are available as parameters to pass to the program, but is there any chance to get the Year and First letter as well?

Great, I'm glad it's working now. Knowing that this was an Vista admin privileges issue I can try and put a workaround in for the next version.

For a path like the one you are using, I don't think Album Art Downloader will be able to save images to the right path automatically. For one thing, it won't have any information about the Year of the album! I suppose with titleformatting style scripting getting the first letter of the artist would be possible, but I have no intention to implement anything like that. In your case, you would be best off getting foo_run to just pass in the entire path to save the image to (/path $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder.%%extension%% for example). If you then search for another album from within Album Art Downloader rather than starting from a track in foobar, you will have to right click on the result, choose Save As, and find the folder to save it to manually.

If you are using the file browser, use a relative path for the image, like the default of just "folder.jpg", for example. The browser will then look for that relative to the folder the audio file was in, and automatically populate that as the Save To location if you launch a search for it from there.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #226
What must I add in a foo_ui_panels skin code to autodownload a cover for the current playing song in the background without user interaction?
Thanks

Album Art Downloader

Reply #227
Well, one thing I can say about the program (at least in Vista) is that it's a HOG.
Right now, I just searched through my music library using the file browser. In a folder with 72 albums, while it's searching, it's taking around 65-75% CPU, with 776MB of ram. Now, while idling with only the File Browser open (with the search results), the program is taking 776MB of ram, and barely any CPU.
I'm guessing there is a memory leak of some kind...

Album Art Downloader

Reply #228
Well, one thing I can say about the program (at least in Vista) is that it's a HOG.
Right now, I just searched through my music library using the file browser. In a folder with 72 albums, while it's searching, it's taking around 65-75% CPU, with 776MB of ram. Now, while idling with only the File Browser open (with the search results), the program is taking 776MB of ram, and barely any CPU.
I'm guessing there is a memory leak of some kind...

nope thats not memory leak thats .NET... get used to it  coders tend to like it very much... not caring about memory or resources .net just eat anything he want and release it if its forced to. just believe the memory will be released if its have to as rest of us

Album Art Downloader

Reply #229
LOL... so I guess that's just how it goes with .NET. I'm taking a course in college about it now, it IS easier to program, but I guess it's pretty inefficient.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #230
LOL... so I guess that's just how it goes with .NET. I'm taking a course in college about it now, it IS easier to program, but I guess it's pretty inefficient.

Depends on how you define inefficient, really. If the memory you want to free is in the middle of your allocated memory (and it usually is), then in order to free it, all the rest of the used memory must be shifted down to close up the hole. This is not an instant operation. If there is nothing else that needs memory at the present time, then it is more efficient to leave it where it is until it is needed.

Basically, the .NET garbage collection system is optimised towards having memory available when its needed, but preferring performance when it isn't. It is notably not optimised towards people watching the "Mem Usage" column in Task Manager (which is incidentally pretty meaningless data - the "Virtual Memory Size" column is slightly more useful).

On the other hand, 776 is not the sort of figure I would expect for browsing a folder with 72 albums - when testing on my PC I was getting less than 75 for 200 albums, so it's possible something is going wrong. If you check the Virtual Memory Size column, and it also shows a memory in the hundreds for just opening the app and doing a browse of 72 albums, and you would like me to investigate further, send me a PM with more details.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #231
ive just download new versio and for the first time in my life ive tried XUI version and i like it pretty much... just one thing hits my eye... is it possible whne sorting by size to have largest images first? maybe i did something wrong or am i the only one who realy need to see the most promising results on first place?

Album Art Downloader

Reply #232
ive just download new versio and for the first time in my life ive tried XUI version and i like it pretty much... just one thing hits my eye... is it possible whne sorting by size to have largest images first? maybe i did something wrong or am i the only one who realy need to see the most promising results on first place?

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Where it says "Sort by" in the top right, click on it and choose Size (if you haven't already). Then click on the arrow just to the right of that so that it points up. The tooltip will then say "Descending". Art should then be sorted by size with the largest first.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #233
Thanks, glad you liked it.

Where it says "Sort by" in the top right, click on it and choose Size (if you haven't already). Then click on the arrow just to the right of that so that it points up. The tooltip will then say "Descending". Art should then be sorted by size with the largest first.

oh that arrow was nearly invisible in ma VS thanks no ive found it
btw tried file explorer on whole collection (around 350 albums) and it eats around 150mb of ram... (but ive measured it just with taskman)

Album Art Downloader

Reply #234
i tried the File Browser...looks quite good to me, but i found an issue that when you select multiple albums it wants to save the album art of all albums in to one folder (the one on top of the search list)

So if you press the save button it asks to overwrite the already existing album art and you have to manually go to the correct folder.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #235
i tried the File Browser...looks quite good to me, but i found an issue that when you select multiple albums it wants to save the album art of all albums in to one folder (the one on top of the search list)

So if you press the save button it asks to overwrite the already existing album art and you have to manually go to the correct folder.

Oops, sorry. Thanks for pointing this out, I'll make sure its fixed in the next version.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #236
question: is it somehow possible to control from commandline which scripts should run after albumart is launched? i dont need to run 15 searches for album covers when im looking only for artist pic (in that case i need only artis and google scripts to run)... and if its possible then how? i was trying to find some wiki or search this thread but only think i found was a msg that it should be possible but didnt find how

Album Art Downloader

Reply #237
What must I add in a foo_ui_panels skin code to autodownload a cover for the current playing song in the background without user interaction?
Thanks

No help here?

Album Art Downloader

Reply #238
question: is it somehow possible to control from commandline which scripts should run after albumart is launched? i dont need to run 15 searches for album covers when im looking only for artist pic (in that case i need only artis and google scripts to run)... and if its possible then how? i was trying to find some wiki or search this thread but only think i found was a msg that it should be possible but didnt find how

Yes, you can use the command line parameter /sources to do this. For example: /sources "Artists.Trivialbeing,GoogleImage" should do what you are asking.

For more command line parameter information, pass the parameter /?.

Hope this helps!

Album Art Downloader

Reply #239
Yes, you can use the command line parameter /sources to do this. For example: /sources "Artists.Trivialbeing,GoogleImage" should do what you are asking.

For more command line parameter information, pass the parameter /?.

Hope this helps!

rly thx

Album Art Downloader

Reply #240
every time i play a track, fb2k displays the most recent cover that i downloaded in AAD for every file. Am i doing something wrong? (Im using CepiPerez's dark config btw)

Album Art Downloader

Reply #241
Excellent tool, thanks!
I never get a hit on Google Images for even 'The Beatles'. But other sources pick up the slack.

Regarding memory usage under Vista:

CMD              = "D:\Program Files\Album Art Downloader\AlbumArt.exe"
Curr Dir          = C:\Install\
Path              = D:\Program Files\Album Art Downloader\AlbumArt.exe
PID/Parent PID    = 5660 / 1536
Virtual KB        Curr = 233,352 Peak = 259,576
Working Set KB    Curr = 59,008 Peak = 77,124
Page File KB      Curr = 39,800 Peak = 59,312
System Pool KB    Paged = 349 Nonpaged = 16
Private KB        = 39,800
Handles Count    = 501
Faults Count      = 295,497
Objects          = USER = 81  GDI = 146
Windows          = 54
Reads            = 133  Read KB = 216
Writes            = 158  Write KB = 360
Other IOs        = 29,101  Other KB = 8,609

Album Art Downloader

Reply #242
What on earth, the new UI completely ignores the visual style

Could you please fix the bugs in 0.6 before you continue development with the other one? Thanks!
hi

Album Art Downloader

Reply #243
What on earth, the new UI completely ignores the visual style
I think this is a WPF thing. It doesn't use the old windows GDI controls, so if you've a custom visual style then it won't affect how WPF draws. I'm not sure whether MS plans to have custom themes for WPF or not, from what I can tell you can fairly easily change the style of a single application, but there doesn't appear to be any way that a system-wide theme could be done. Even if they did, the theme would have to be written for WPF, it certainly wouldn't support themes that were written for the old GDI system.

Bad news for custom theme users, I'm afraid, as WPF becomes more mainstream.

Could you please fix the bugs in 0.6 before you continue development with the other one? Thanks!
Um, no, sorry. I looked at the source for the original one, and even poked in a couple of small fixes, but basically I considered it to be unmaintainable. That's why I decided to start a new codebase from scratch. I think its gone rather well, personally, but the original version is still around for those who disagree.

If david_dl, or Marc Landis are still interested in fixing bugs with the original version, then you might have some luck with them.

Alex

Album Art Downloader

Reply #244
AlbumArt Downloader XUI v0.6 Preview Released

This version features the addition of a basic queueing system. By default, 3 search windows can be open at a time, although this number can be changed. If an additional search is made before one of these windows are closed, then instead of opening a new search window the search is queued up to be started once an open search window is closed. Using File / New Search Window will bypass this and always open an additional window, though.

Also in this release, I've changed the behaviour of the Script Cache DLL generation to be more Vista-friendly. Instead of creating the dll in the Scripts subfolder of the program folder (which requires admin privileges on Vista), the dll is created in a Scripts subfolder the app's local settings folder. If you are installing this version over an old version, and you are not using the installer, you should manually delete your "boo script cache.dll" file from the application's Scripts folder, otherwise you will see duplicate sources listed. The installer will do this automatically.

Download:
[a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=515339']See main post for latest version[/a]

Album Art Downloader

Reply #245
I can't seem to run Album Art Downloader.
Crash log:
http://pastebin.ca/559361

Edit: 0.4.1 seems to run fine.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #246
I can't seem to run Album Art Downloader.
Crash log:
http://pastebin.ca/559361

Edit: 0.4.1 seems to run fine.

That is very strange. I have had a look at the crash log you provided (thanks!), and I can't see any reason why that would happen.

If anyone else has had this error when starting Album Art Downloader, or if anyone else has successfully had it run on Win 2003 Server SP2 (which I don't have, so can't test myself), then I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

It might also be useful to know whether version 0.5 works for you, Lunks.

Thanks,

Alex

Album Art Downloader

Reply #248
Extremely usful plugin -thanks al lot.

-but I got some problems with 0.6 alpha2.

With this command line I get an error message (illegal charakters or someting)

C:\Programme\AlbumArtDownloader\albumart.exe -ar "%artist%" -al "%album%" -p "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.jpg

With 0.6 alpha1 the same line works fine.

Furthermore album art downloader fails to save images with a Space in name when using the following command line:

C:\Programme\AlbumArtDownloader\albumart.exe -ar "%artist%"  -p I:\Bilder\%artist%.jpg

The image is saved but is named only the with the first word and has no extension (.jpg)

For example: The artist-tag is "Frankie Goes To Hollywood" -so the image should be named "Frankie Goes To Hollywood.jpg" but its saved as "Frankie"

album art downloader also crashes when i doubleclick an image which is already in my folder (to easily rename it to folder.jpg)

Anyone else with such problems?

Album Art Downloader

Reply #249
Extremely usful plugin -thanks al lot.

-but I got some problems with 0.6 alpha 2

try XUI version its newer and its under development (version you are tryin is not) but if you dont want to use it here are some advise for you:
With this command line I get an error message (illegal charakters or someting)

C:\Programme\AlbumArtDownloader\albumart.exe -ar "%artist%" -al "%album%" -p "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.jpg

With 0.6 alpha1 the same line works fine.

try:

C:\Programme\AlbumArtDownloader\albumart.exe -ar "%artist%" -al "%album%" -p "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,) -f "folder.jpg"

or skip -f paramter absolutly and setup "save to. toolbar" jast add new preset and name it "folder.jpg" teh save images through clicking on that icon in save to toolbar
Furthermore album art downloader fails to save images with a Space in name when using the following command line:

C:\Programme\AlbumArtDownloader\albumart.exe -ar "%artist%"  -p I:\Bilder\%artist%.jpg

The image is saved but is named only the with the first word and has no extension (.jpg)

For example: The artist-tag is "Frankie Goes To Hollywood" -so the image should be named "Frankie Goes To Hollywood.jpg" but its saved as "Frankie"

try to use double quotes around -p parameter like:
-p "I:\Bilder\%artist%.jpg"

edit: minor typos