Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Who developed foobar2000 0.9? (Read 4958 times) previous topic - next topic

Who developed foobar2000 0.9?

OK, not the most amazing topic but I can't help feeling curious.
Code: [Select]
foobar2000 audio player
Copyright (C) 2001-2006, Peter Pawlowski
Portions copyright (C) 2005-2006 Holger Stenger
All rights reserved.

As I understand things...
As I already knew, Peter Pawlowski (AKA "Peter" (as of 2006-04-25 )) is the principle developer.
As of version 0.9, Holger Stenger (AKA "foosion") also develops it as well. As his name has made it's way into the licence, I assume that to mean that parts of the core are copyrighted by Holger Stenger as opposed to external plugins.

So all that wasn't that hard to see, however, I came across a CV/Résumé on http://www.morbo.org/. By browsing it I noticed:
foobar2000: compact MS-Windows audio player. Co-developer, administrator of webservers and forums.
A little research later showed that Gian-Carlo Pascutto is "Garf". I am guessing by "co-developer" he is talking about the AAC decoder in foo_input_std? Or did he contribute to the core? (Forgive me, Garf. I don't mean to pick at your CV)

Are there any other developers for foobar2000 apart from external plugin developers?
While I am here, may I ask what parts you wrote foosion?

Chris

Maybe one day I'll become a detective! 

Reply #1
While I am here, may I ask what parts you wrote foosion?
The new FPL writing code, the accessibilty support for the playlist in the Default User Interface and the code that supports multiple entries per item in album list.

Reply #2
I wrote parts of the equalizer system, parts on the input plugins, dithering support, and several of the bundled DSP's, and maybe some other minor things. I transferred them to Peter though and don't claim any copyright on them. (Aside from FAAD2, duh! )

Reply #3
I wrote parts of the equalizer system, parts on the input plugins, dithering support, and several of the bundled DSP's, and maybe some other minor things.
Oh, so why aren't you included in the "credits"? Edit: Saw your edit...

Thanks for your replies.

Reply #4
Well I'd like to use this bandwidth to thank all the developers including component makers for making a such great product to confuse itunes users.

Reply #5
Hrm, speaking of which, has Peter / foobar dev team ever thought about donations? I'd love to throw a few bucks into a hat, and I'm sure others here would too.

Reply #6
Last time I heard, Klyith, Peter wasn't accepting donations personally, but if you'd like to support the project as directly as I know how, donate to HA, because foobar2000 uses a lot of its bandwidth.

Reply #7
Well, either way, I would personally love to thank ALL developers for making such a great media player.