Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Skip track on specific play mode (Read 2385 times) previous topic - next topic

Skip track on specific play mode

Greetings.

Just talking on #foobar2000, and I asked a question:

Code: [Select]
[18:16] <Manifold> Question: Is it possible for a track to be skipped only when foobar is in shuffle mode?
[18:16] <TrN> Manifold: Not that I know of, at least not yet.
[18:17] <Manifold> It's because I have some tracks that only make sense when they immediately preclude a song.
[18:17] <Manifold> Intermission tracks.
[18:18] <Manifold> What about making two separate songs appear as one song in foobar?
[18:18] <TrN> Manifold: What I would recommend would be to take those tracks and combine whem using a cue sheet.
[18:18] <Manifold> Ah,
[18:18] <TrN> That way you don't have to modify the the song, and they appear as one.
[18:18] <TrN> Then replace the two tracks with the single CUE file.

Yeah, that sums my problem up. Are CUE sheets the only way forward, or is there potential for a component?

Basic idea for a component: right click context menu > skip song on play mode > default/shuffle/repeat all

Reply #1
You could use a custom tag together with foo_skip.

Reply #2
[deleted]

Reply #3
It does seem that seeking to INDEX points is not very popular outside of classical CD releases and some studio applications, as far as I know.

I've seen that done for rap mix tapes, electronica (you often don't want trance/dance discs to be interrupted, thus, instead of having many gapless tracks, you just have one track where songs don't only crossfade but slowly turn into the next one) and fan-made best-of mixes of some artists, in the sense that you then have a lot of snippets from their songs mixed together and use a cue file with index points to get to the specific bits.

As for the topic at hand, could dynamic playlist generation be used to filter the songs you flagged as not-to-be-shuffled-to out of a specific shuffle playlist?