Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: No sound from .flac's? (Read 2932 times) previous topic - next topic

No sound from .flac's?

I followed the instructions here: http://www.angelfire.com/magic2/hq-audio/l...g-eac-flac.html

to use EAC to rip some CD's to FLAC.

Everything seems to work okay and I end up with .flac files about the right size (like 30 to 60 MB). When I try to play.. with Winamp or with PNMM... there is nothing. No... the vol isn't off. I file does nothing.  During the rip process I do see the DOS window pop up and I can see the flac.exe working... using the command line options recommended in the above link.

Since I can get the PNMM to make flac's for me, just how good are they? Are same codec's used to compress?

I can also make FLAC with dBpowerAmp converter if I start with wav's... but would like to eliminate that step as I have something like 100 or so CDs I want to rip.

Any help would be appreciated.

No sound from .flac's?

Reply #1
If it makes the FLAC file it's fine.

You mentioned attempting to use Winamp to play back the files.  Winamp does not come with a FLAC plugin so you'll need to find an in_flac.dll

You can find this on the lossless page of Rarewares
Nero AAC 1.5.1.0: -q0.45

No sound from .flac's?

Reply #2
the winamp site has a flac input dll as well. haven't used it though.

cheers,
h
cast out...

No sound from .flac's?

Reply #3
Oh... my bad!

I have plenty of other audio players and they do indeed work!

Thanks.