Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best Mp3-player (software) (Read 12061 times) previous topic - next topic

Best Mp3-player (software)

Reply #25
ModPlug tracker v1.16 decodes the file correctly.

-h

Reply #26
What type of effect/s is it that doesn't get played correctly with fmod?
(i too never had a problem with the last MPT)

Reply #27
What type of effect/s is it that doesn't get played correctly with fmod?

"g: tone portamento".  It seems to be calculating both the pitch change and change duration incorrectly.

Also clicks due to sample cutoffs are very annoying.  I will stick with XMPlay.

-h

Reply #28
Hmmm.. tone portamento! The most problematic effect of them alll to module players.. I didn't know fmod has a problem too. I will email the author about the subject (will test stuff first).
And clicks due to cutoffs.. Didn't know it has a problem there too. IT cutoffs are not common, they usually destroy the sample's quality as well..

Well i didn't know you were a "tracker" as well h, nice to know!

Reply #29
And clicks due to cutoffs.. Didn't know it has a problem there too. IT cutoffs are not common, they usually destroy the sample's quality as well..

Maybe I have forgotten the lingo.  I just meant clicks when a sample is stopped without fading in the middle of a peak/trough.

Well i didn't know you were a "tracker" as well h, nice to know!

I used to transpose MIDI and IT tracks from SNES games, but stopped about 4 years ago now.  Just around the time I started programming funnily enough..

-h

Reply #30
"Maybe I have forgotten the lingo. I just meant clicks when a sample is stopped without fading in the middle of a peak/trough."

Ah, so fmod is not THAT bad with ITs .

The dreaded tone portamento problem, how i hate it... He has to fix it!

Gotta love SNES games music!
(anyone interested? Zophar's Domain is THE place)

Reply #31
Gotta love SNES games music!
(anyone interested? Zophar's Domain is THE place)

Yasunory is King! I have complete Chrono Trigger and Radical Dreamers soundtracks.

(Proud owner of Chrono Cross Original Soundtrack)

Reply #32
I tried fmod but am disappointed - its IT playback is incomplete and fails miserably on some tracks I made a few years ago, even worse than WinAmp's IT decoder.

Guess I still need IT on my computer.

-h

[OT]
Yeah, Winamp never played half my own .IT files right, but it was not the only one

The only players that did succeed:
-ModPlug
-XmPlay
-Cubic Player

[/OT]
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"

Reply #33
after listening to my mp3s using WinAMP for the last five years, I (finally) ask my self whether the included mp3-decoder is really the best one could have.

You should know it, really .
Ask yourself what do you need. If Winamp's lacking the features you prefer, find yourself a better player. Check out these gizmos:

XMPlay2
http://www.un4seen.com/music/music_xmplay.html
Also visit the XMPlay support site: http://home.iprimus.com.au/seanhindley/Help/

I recently found this software, again. I used the original XMPlay years ago but stopped when v2 was released. It crashed all the time. But now, after a while, it's finally stable. In fact, I haven't got it crashed a single time. So it's even more stable than Winamp (though Winamp crashes very, very rarely).

XMPlay does all the same (well, almost) as Winamp. Winamp 2.x plugins are supported. It doesn't eat memory the same way Winamp does. So why I'm still using Winamp instead of XMPlay? I haven't got my freakin' multimedia keyboard's additional audio keys working with it. The support for them is on the way, btw.

Mpxplay
http://mpxplay.tripod.com/
If Tripod doesn't work, try this: http://www.geocities.com/mpxplay/

If you're using W9x, you might want to check this out. If you're using DOS, this is a must!
--
Meian @ XiphNet

Reply #34
Try Deliplayer...

I remember it since it was an Amiga player...I haven't used it since then, but according to the page it supposrts about 195 sound formats...not bad