Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Will Demuxing twice cause sync trouble? (Read 1925 times) previous topic - next topic

Will Demuxing twice cause sync trouble?

Hello all,

I have been backing up my Movies as MPEG-2 Program Streams, remuxed from the VOBs on the DVDs. Before the remuxing process, I have been using AC3 Delay Corrector to adjust the delay of my movies. However, I am aware that Delay Corrector only corrects in 1 frame (32ms) increments. I plan to be able to at a later date encode to MPEG-4 ASP or AVC, requiring me to demux the MPEG Program streams. This would mean I would have to correct the delay again, once more in a slightly inprecise manner. Would it then be worth it for me to remux my VOBs, or will I run into sync trouble from demuxing twice?

Thanks,
Tropican