Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need help w/Xvid playback & DVD burning (Read 2107 times) previous topic - next topic

Need help w/Xvid playback & DVD burning

I'm having a couple problems I can't seem to find solutions for:

1. I have some Xvid encoded AVI files where the video image plays back in slow motion using WMP in one of my systems.  It's a WinXP system with an Athlon 800 T-Bird CPU & 256MB RAM.  I've set up the Xvid codecs using Koepi's installer, but am wondering if the Xvid AVIs are too demanding of this CPU, or if this WinXP OS needs a fresh installation. 

2. The other problem is that Nerovision Express locked up another 3GHz+ 512MB RAM WinXP system 3 times while trying to burn 4 Xvid AVIs to a DVD for playback in a home TV DVD player.  NE 1st seems to transcode the AVIs before burning the DVD-R (is that right?), and in all 3 attempts, NE got about 3/4 through the process of transcoding the 1st AVI and setting up menus when it locked up the system.

I'm pretty new to digital video, and can only guess that the problems I'm having on these 2 systems may be due to the high demand on the CPUs that Xvid encoded AVI files presents.

Any thoughts on how I may be able to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

TS
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man