Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Gallery (Read 1808401 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2025
I started using the Foton VS, so naturally, I had to switch the Foobar to match.

I give you, Footon:

Navigator Suite. I modified the tag matrix to include 5 types of tags (code from strictly4me). Then I pasted the Hotness code in my globals, and combined my rating column with hotness. Red is neutral, Yellow is blazin!

Enjoy.

edit: can anybody tell me how I can get the hotness column to stop inverting colors when it is selected?

Display:
Code: [Select]
$repeat($blend(000095,0FFFF9,%_hotness%,100)%_symbol_rating%,%rating%)
$repeat(%_special_color2%%_symbol_rating%,$sub(5,%rating%))

Colors:
$replace(%_standard_color%,$char(6),$char())
|
$replace(%_bg_color2%,$char(6),$char())
|

// left border
|

// top border
|

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2026
Ok here is my first feeble attempt at customizing foobar:

Question 1: As you can see part of my playlist background is blue, how to I set the background color, even under the track-titles?

Question 2: Can I integrate "Album List" (from Components menu) into my interface somehow? I have alot of albums and would like that integrated instead of the Track Info plugin I use right now.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2027
I found out about foo_playlist_tree, that solved my "Question Number 2", as it was really that I wanted instead.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2028
Ok here is my first feeble attempt at customizing foobar:

Question 1: As you can see part of my playlist background is blue, how to I set the background color, even under the track-titles?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=359058"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Under columns UI preferences:
Playlist View Tab
Playlist view display settings
-Exposed background color

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2029

Gray bliss.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2030
Ok, it's beginning to look better:

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2032

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268418"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2033
my foobar ... 

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2034

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268418"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=359174"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey, that's very similary to my layout. I just need mine full-screen because of long artist/album/title names and I hate abbreviating them or having a horizontal scroll bar.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2035
I started using the Foton VS, so naturally, I had to switch the Foobar to match.

I give you, Footon:

Navigator Suite. I modified the tag matrix to include 5 types of tags (code from strictly4me). Then I pasted the Hotness code in my globals, and combined my rating column with hotness. Red is neutral, Yellow is blazin!

Enjoy.

edit: can anybody tell me how I can get the hotness column to stop inverting colors when it is selected?

Display:

Colors:
|
|

// left border
|

// top border
|

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=359056"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi--

First, let me say that your Foobar looks great.  I am pretty new to the program and I have been reading the boards and working on my set-up for a while.  I have figured out quite a bit, but I am stuck on one thing that I noticed you have.  Can you tell me how you are able to get two tabbed panels in the sidebar.  I want a set-up similar to yours with Album Art in one and DB Explorer, Track Info, etc. below, but I can't seem to get Foobar to let me add more than one tabbed panel to my sidebar.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lewis

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2036

I give you, Footon:

Enjoy.

Display:

Colors:
|
|

// left border
|

// top border
|

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=359056"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi--

First, let me say that your Foobar looks great.  I am pretty new to the program and I have been reading the boards and working on my set-up for a while.  I have figured out quite a bit, but I am stuck on one thing that I noticed you have.  Can you tell me how you are able to get two tabbed panels in the sidebar.  I want a set-up similar to yours with Album Art in one and DB Explorer, Track Info, etc. below, but I can't seem to get Foobar to let me add more than one tabbed panel to my sidebar.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lewis
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=359210"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Shift-click.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2037
Looking good.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Explosions in the Sky for the effing win.

[a href="http://www.files.bz/files/730/toolehv4.jpg][/url]
(CLICK FOR LARGE) -  toolehv4
hi

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2038
Yo tool++ where can i find your desktop pic, looks sick.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2039
first post here, so i also feel like saying a few words

foobar has been installed an uninstalled on my machine like 5, or 6 times. I'll be honest, i never read the documentation and didn't realize how customizable the application was. So, i just ended up uninstalling it every time. I also didn't realize how much time i would need to spend to learn to customize it. Well, after two nights of screwing around with it, i ended up with the following

Nowhere near what i want it to look like, but it's a start, i need to learn how to break my playlist up, so i only see that album name once.

I am glad to say that i finally ditched winamp. Probably forever. I've been wanting to do it for a very long time

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2040
Nowhere near what i want it to look like, but it's a start, i need to learn how to break my playlist up, so i only see that album name once.

I figured out how to do that on my own. What you do is in the artist column, type this:

$if($strcmp($num(%tracknumber%,2)01),%artist%)

It's basically saying if the track number is 01 (the "$num" and ",2" means that it will work if the track number is 1 or 01) then show the artist. You can do the same thing for the album name on track 2 by typing the same thing below it but changing the 01 to 02 and %artist% to %album%, etc.

EDIT: Fixed code. I forgot a comma.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2041

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2042

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=359636"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow, that's a lot of Nightwish. I'm really only a studio album man myself with an occasional EP thrown in. I've got Angels Fall First, Oceanborn, Wishmaster, Over The Hills And Far Away (US version), Century Child, and Once.

Nice, sleek, clean setup, too.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2043
thanks Idec Sdawkminn, i'll try it tonight

this morning, i reset my foobar, and i can't get the tag info panel to display above the playlist. I could only get album art up there for some reason. Pretty pissed about that, since i had it working last night

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2044
Masahiko, mind sharing that .fcs?

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2045
How do you share a .fcs anyway? How do you know it will work with someone else's setup? Mine is customized for my screen size and the width of my columns. Is everyone else's able to work on everyone else's?

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2046
heres my foobar. finally gave in and started playing around with the playlist tree. definitely one of the more usefull plugins.

Idec Sdawkminn: in the options panel you can export your ColumnsUI tags to a file. you can modify it to your own taste, or just use parts of the code to complete your own fcs.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']moderation: please refrain from inlining images larger than roughly 800x600 and 80KB. please use thumbnails and/or links for large pictures instead.[/span]

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2047
The width of the columns (along with fonts and colors) is written in the .fcs file, and it will also change the status of the sidebar (hidden or showing). What it can't do, though, is change the arrangement of the toolbars, or arrangement of panels in the sidebar. If really want to mimic someone's setup, grab their .fcs file, and all the necessary UI extensions (panels). Load the fcs file, and then arrange the toolbar and sidebar manually.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2048
@gob: could you tell me where to get the icons you use in Playlist Tree ? They look very nice along with the rest of your theme.