Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Gallery (Read 1810236 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2050

My Foobar Config

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2051
nice, kanak
what is that on the top right? the panel giving the extra info about the artist

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2052
[a href="http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kanakfoo8ln.jpg" target="_blank"]

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2053
nice, kanak
what is that on the top right? the panel giving the extra info about the artist
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=359922"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's just the track info panel... instead of displaying times played, artist name etc, i have made it display artist info stuff... here's the code:
Code: [Select]
0MODE: $abbr(%_trackinfo_mode%) $progress2(%_time_elapsed_seconds%, %_time_total_seconds%, 80,0000ff|,737373|)$char(10)
ARTIST: 894e2e$if2(%artist%,0000C4Unknown)$char(10)
BAND FORMED: $if2(894e2e%band_formeddate%',',NoAMG) $if2(%band_formedplace%,) $if(%band_disbanddate%,0000C4DISBANDED: 894e2e%band_disbanddate%,) $char(10)
BAND MEMBERS: $if2(894e2e%band_members%,NoAMG)$char(10)
GENRE: $if2(894e2e%Genre%,NoAMG)$char(10)
STYLES: $if2(894e2e%Styles%,NoAMG)$char(10)
INFLUENCED BY: $if2(894e2e%band_influencedby%,NoAMG)$char(10)
SIMILAR BANDS: $if2(894e2e%band_similarbands%,NoAMG)

The info was filled mostly from All music guide

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2054
intersting
but, i am guessing you have to do that by hand? would be pretty cool if this was dynamic in some way

and i had no idea you could stuff all that info in a tag
learn something new every day

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2055
mine
[a href="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/UpxR/xranfoo.png" target="_blank"]
Can I use this layout with the Foobar 2000_0.9 beta 13? Thank you anyway for sharing it.

praetorian

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2056
Can I use this layout with the Foobar 2000_0.9 beta 13?

Probably not without adjusting it. Columns UI config has an option for keeping the old colour strings. But the new field remapping might break things.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2057
What kinds of things can you easily transfer or copy and paste to the beta and which ones would have to be re-coded entirely? I'd like to go to the new one but I don't want to have to spend a bunch of time redoing my whole setup because of different formatting strings.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2058
intersting
but, i am guessing you have to do that by hand?

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=359959"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

unfortunately yes. i select the artist in dbexplorer, select all tracks and happily dump all the info.

i wish someone would make a mod of trader's friend that allows the entry of tags via a text document. (or is this already possible? i had tried it, but it seemed that i could only enter tags like artist, venue, disc, date from the txt file).

there is a discussion going on about making it easier to enter multiple tags. i hope they consider the entry from text file

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2059
How do i get my foobar like this? One album for all songs in that album?
The thing in the red marking

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2061

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360177"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

that looks like navigator suite. but i could be wrong.

if you want to copy paste code instead of installing/modifying fcs, you can use this:

(displays Artist, Album, Genre only)
$if($not($or($stricmp(%album%,singles),$stricmp(%album%,),$stricmp($num(%tracknumber%,2),00))),$select($min(4,%tracknumber%),
//First Line of Display (Artist)
$if(%various%,Various,$if2(%artist%,UnknownArtist)),
//Second Line (Album)
$if2(%album%,UnknownAlbum)$tab()[%date%],
//Third Line (Genre)
$if(%genre%,%genre% ['('%styles%')'],),),
//For singles/nonalbums
$if2(%artist%,Unknown)$tab()-  $if2(%album%,Singles))

for the color to match, you may have to play with custom colors or better, have colors in the globals itself.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2062
nothing special, but i like it anyway! 

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2063
My foobar2000 0.83

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=357530"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could you share the fcs? And what font is that?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358852"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, but this fcs is already rewrited :-/
Font is Lucida Sans Unicode (8 pt)

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2064

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360177"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

that looks like navigator suite. but i could be wrong.

if you want to copy paste code instead of installing/modifying fcs, you can use this:

(displays Artist, Album, Genre only)
$if($not($or($stricmp(%album%,singles),$stricmp(%album%,),$stricmp($num(%tracknumber%,2),00))),$select($min(4,%tracknumber%),
//First Line of Display (Artist)
$if(%various%,Various,$if2(%artist%,UnknownArtist)),
//Second Line (Album)
$if2(%album%,UnknownAlbum)$tab()[%date%],
//Third Line (Genre)
$if(%genre%,%genre% ['('%styles%')'],),),
//For singles/nonalbums
$if2(%artist%,Unknown)$tab()-  $if2(%album%,Singles))

for the color to match, you may have to play with custom colors or better, have colors in the globals itself.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360191"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The %various% tag and other stuff like that doesn't work for me because none of my mp3's have those tags. Mine only have title, artist, album, date, comment, tracknumber, and genre. I had to make up a way for it to tell that it's a various artist track and that was by checking to see if the last 4 characters of the %_directoryname% equalled the date instead of the album name (since my various artist folders are named that way). Also, what if you have an album like Korn - Follow The Leader and you removed the first 13 tracks from the playlist? That one won't have the artist and album name. There are other albums I have that the enhanced CD data is in the first track and not the last one so the songs start at track 2.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2065
Slightly modded it

hi

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2066
Cool. kinda too line-y for me, but neat none the less :]

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2068
What do most of you do about various artist? If you have the artist column set to show the artist on track 1, the album on track 2, and the date on track 3 or whatever, what about soundtracks? Where do most of you display the artist names of each track?

By the way, I like the fonts most of you are using. My font sucks, lol. It's Lucinda Console. But it's the best non-proportional font I've found.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2069
...back again...I pretty much only changed my VS (from Luna Element to self-modded Royale Vista) and the buttons to a self-modded "Smoke Special Mini" (the colors change on hover).  The sidebar is hidden (as shown in the pics).  

hidden sidebar:

sidebar showing:

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i like the foo_looks skin. where can i find it?

@gob: could you tell me where to get the icons you use in Playlist Tree ? They look very nice along with the rest of your theme.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=359869"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=383822]http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=383822[/url]

here is the visual style im using. im not using any icons in the playlist tree, they are the default expand/collapse icons for windows.

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2070
What do most of you do about various artist? If you have the artist column set to show the artist on track 1, the album on track 2, and the date on track 3 or whatever, what about soundtracks? Where do most of you display the artist names of each track?

By the way, I like the fonts most of you are using. My font sucks, lol. It's Lucinda Console. But it's the best non-proportional font I've found.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360248"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

for various artist tracks, i use a various tag. if it is set to 1, you can use tagz to sort it correctly. i suppose you could set the various tag to "Soundtracks" or "Compilations" of some sort..

Edit: tahoma or arial bold are nice fons.. shouldnt have to worry about fixed width in columns ui

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2071

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360248"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

for various artist tracks, i use a various tag. if it is set to 1, you can use tagz to sort it correctly. i suppose you could set the various tag to "Soundtracks" or "Compilations" of some sort..

Edit: tahoma or arial bold are nice fons.. shouldnt have to worry about fixed width in columns ui
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360254"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for replying but you misunderstood me. I know you would put "various artists" for the artist. I simply leave it out and put the album name for the 1st track and the date for the 2nd, but where would you put the artist name of each track? I have a separate column for the artist of a various artist album, but I was wondering what most people do and if there's a better way.

I like arial but I need a fixed width font because my display depends on the width of the contents of each tag and the only way to calculate that is if each character is the same width, otherwise "all" would take up less space than "ham" but both would return a length of "3".

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2072
the sexiest foobar around

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2073
@Idec Sdawkminn
My VA albums are marked by the %album artist% tag containing 'Various Artists'. Have a look at this screenshot:

Originally I was thinking about putting the track artist right-aligned into the 'Artist/Album' column, but that would clash with long album names too often.

Btw: I'm currently writing a tutorial on how to build this design. So if you like it, keep an eye open for the accompanying thread.

@FooFTW
Did you intentionally spell 'Prozent' with a 'c' instead of a 'z'?

Brother John

Foobar Gallery

Reply #2074
@Idec Sdawkminn
My VA albums are marked by the %album artist% tag containing 'Various Artists'. Have a look at this screenshot:

Originally I was thinking about putting the track artist right-aligned into the 'Artist/Album' column, but that would clash with long album names too often.

Btw: I'm currently writing a tutorial on how to build this design. So if you like it, keep an eye open for the accompanying thread.

@FooFTW
Did you intentionally spell 'Prozent' with a 'c' instead of a 'z'?

Brother John
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360341"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

nice font, is that arial?