Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: PA Speakers (Read 1190 times) previous topic - next topic

PA Speakers

Hi there - I have a couple of questions that I hope somebody might be able to answer for me.

I am looking to buy a powered PA system for my band to use for it’s vocals and perhaps some keyboards and I am on a limited budget. I already have what I have been told are a couple of PA speakers and I want to just buy the head unit/amp to plug the mics into.

Problem is I’m not sure if what I have are really PA speakers. On the recept it says they are PA Speakers, in the shop (“DJ City”) I saw them plugged into a DJ mixer (as apposed to a PA mixer) They look like the speakers you get with most PA systems, the cabinets are covered in black carpet, they have little metal protection plates on each corner, heavy duty handles, they have large subwoofers, no midrange and huge horn tweeters. They are all black. The look like they’d work fine. It’s just that on the back where the cable plugs in there are little red and black standard hi-fi two wire connectors. I have them plugged into a Dolby Pro Logic amp for CD and other such things

Can I use these with a powered PA mixer from my music shop? Do I need a converter of some type? Or do I need to buy a whole new system?

Thanks for any help you can give on the subject.