Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DVD Players? (Read 1345 times) previous topic - next topic

DVD Players?

I've been contemplating inexpensive ways of getting music into the bedroom. On a whim I purchased a new DVD player for $40 (that's Canadian dollars) just to see how good it would work for MP3 playback (using DVD-RW disks). Not too shabby for the price, but only as long as files weren't in directories. If they were, then whether the unit saw them or not was hit or miss. Also display of names was limited to 10 characters, and it didn't like special characters (not even an apostrophe).

I do think this still has promise though, and am wondering if any of you know of a DVD player that is both inexpensive, and has good MP3 capabilities (quick/responsive menus, proper name display, no problem with folders or semi-long file names), or of a good site that might be able to help me narrow down the choices so that I don't have to bring home every single make/model to try and then take back afterwards. A great many thanks in advance for any help you good folks can provide!