Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ask for 2 plugins. (Read 4458 times) previous topic - next topic

Ask for 2 plugins.

I don't know the exactly name of this two plugins. They are used for encoding.

The foo_lame plugin is used for encoding lame mp3. I want the version of based on 3.90.3 lame.dll's library.

And the foo_mpc is used for encoding .mpc files. Hope the plugin is based on 1.14 mppenc.exe library.

I don't like foo_clienc, it includes some encode configs that I don't need. It need the lame.exe and mppenc.exe, that is another reason I don't like use it.

More simple. That's what I like. 

Thanks!~

Ask for 2 plugins.

Reply #1
And the foo_mpc is used for encoding .mpc files. Hope the plugin is based on 1.14 mppenc.exe library.

The musepack encoder is not publicly available in library or even source code form. foo_musepack (I think that was the plugin was called) was just a frontend specifically for the muspack command line encoder.

I don't like foo_clienc, it includes some encode configs that I don't need. It need the lame.exe and mppenc.exe, that is another reason I don't like use it.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=238984"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Like I said above, you do need mppenc for foo_musepack. You can simply delete the foo_clienc presets you don't use. Since foo_clienc can be used with almost any encoder, there is little reason to create and maintain frontends for specific encoders, some of which would even duplicate code from foo_clienc to interface with a command line encoder.

Ask for 2 plugins.

Reply #2
Just as a sidenode: There never was a foo_lame, which was built on liblame. It was a frontend for lame.exe just like foo_clienc (and hence is deprecated nowadays).
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Ask for 2 plugins.

Reply #3
For the sake of completeness: Musepack encoder source was not available when foo_musepack was created; it is now.

Ask for 2 plugins.

Reply #4
[snip]

Encoder sources are readily available for SV7/1.15r.

I'm unsure if the encoder has been rebuilt from sources by anyone for use as a plugin for foobar2000.  It could be an interesting project.

Edited per foosion's correction.

Ask for 2 plugins.

Reply #5
Where can one get one's hands on this so-called "foo_clienc"?

Ask for 2 plugins.

Reply #6
It's included in the normal and special installer.

Ask for 2 plugins.

Reply #7
I am sorry for offer the wrong name of this two plugins.

They should be foo_lamenc and foo_mpcenc, and the ogg encoder named foo_vorbicenc which I still can find it.

Please take a look at this:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....topic=14961&hl=

and this:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....topic=14309&hl=

Does this two plugins being abandoned???

Ask for 2 plugins.

Reply #8
Did you even bother reading the replies?