Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Changing MP3 Codec in Steinberg myMP3PRO3 and/or Nero ?? (Read 2431 times) previous topic - next topic

Changing MP3 Codec in Steinberg myMP3PRO3 and/or Nero ??

I would like to know how to change the mp3 codec used in Steinberg's myMP3PRO3.  The reason for this is that some of my mp3 files that play perfectly well in Winamp 2.80 and WMP (as a test) do not play within myMP3PRO3.  The problem files will not read into myMP3 correctly and will not play.  I believe the codec used in myPR3 is the standard Frauhofer one.  I have also noticed a similar problem when using Nero (all versions) to decode mp3 files into cda files for burning onto an Audio CD.  Some files refuse to decode using Nero even though they sound fine using Winamp.  This leads me to suspect that the codec's used in myMP3 and Nero have a problem with some content within these files.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also if it is not possible to change the codec, is there a SW application that would "clean up" any problem files to enable them to play.

I normally use Winamp to play mp3's and EAC/Lame to encode my own stuff.  However, when you download mp3's you have no control over the quality of the encoding used for the files.  So this can be a problem.  myMP3 PRO 3 happens to have some good and unique features that I like and would therefore like to continue to use it.