Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: request to foo_scroll (Read 7014 times) previous topic - next topic

request to foo_scroll

Hi - musicmusic, your foo_scroll plugin is great! I use it when I'm "just listening" to music, to keep the currently playing track in focus.

I would find the following improvement extremely useful. It could be a tickable option in the menu where you can enable/disable the Autofocus.

When nothing is selected in the playlist, do autofocus on the new track. When something is selected, don't autofocus when the track changes.
(By "selected" I mean really selected, not just focused.)

The purpose of this is that, while I'm listening to the playlist on shuffle, the autofocus will keep track of where I am. But when I select the currently playing song (or other songs), the playlist won't autofocus when the song changes again, permitting me to act on the song that I selected.

(I know that even with the autofocus the way it works now, as it just focusses I will still be able to act on the song that I selected, even when it's no longer visible - but then I can't see what I'm doing.)

If this sounds useful to you (or anyone else) and it's not difficult to add, then I'd appreciate a new version accordingly  thank you!

request to foo_scroll

Reply #1
Feel free to try version 0.1.2. Not sure if it was exactly what you was asking..

request to foo_scroll

Reply #2
Yes, this 0.1.2 does exactly what I wanted with "Autofocus requires no selection" - EXCELLENT! Many thanks!

request to foo_scroll

Reply #3
How do I configure this plugin it doesn't come up on the preferences menu. But the componenet is listested in the libraries.

Anyway foobar is not autoscrolling.

Thanks

request to foo_scroll

Reply #4
@parive3
The configuration is in the playlist menu at the top of foobar, a point called "Scroller" at the bottom. I don't think there's a FAQ for what everything means, but it's mostly obvious.
Hope this helps - any more questions, just ask!

request to foo_scroll

Reply #5
Thanks , didn't expect it there.

request to foo_scroll

Reply #6
Hi there!
I've tried to select the option "Autofocus does not require any selection", but it doesn't seem to be checked.... There's no tick beside any option that I select.

All of the options are reverted back to item 1.

Help!

request to foo_scroll

Reply #7
Hi musicmusic,

I'm using your great plug-in foo_scroll but there is one small thing I want to suggest:

Your plug-in works great but only if Foobar is not minimized to tray. If I minimize Foobar and open it again later the current track is not selected automatically.
Could it be possible to add this feature? This would be very nice!

Best regards,
Vegeta

request to foo_scroll

Reply #8
@musicmusic:

I've got another little request (I hope you're still interested in developing this plugin?)

Would it be possible to add function "AutoCENTER", which would center the song just like double click on status panel does (if you click it when the song is not visible)... Something which would look like the playlist was moving, not the 'cursor'.

Thanks in advance

request to foo_scroll

Reply #9
@musicmusic:

I've got another little request (I hope you're still interested in developing this plugin?)

Would it be possible to add function "AutoCENTER", which would center the song just like double click on status panel does (if you click it when the song is not visible)... Something which would look like the playlist was moving, not the 'cursor'.

Thanks in advance
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=249977"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I dont get it, one of the options in the "current track" menu probably matches the behaviour of double clicking the status bar.

Or do you mean you want the "moving playlist" as well? What do you mean by that, do you want smooth scrolling, or do you mean if it is visible center it anyway?

Either way, it would have to be implemented in the UI.

request to foo_scroll

Reply #10
Umh... no no no, the thing I'm talking about is much simpler, the only problem is that I can't describe exactly what I want (and it's REALLY simple, trust me )... and I think it should be implemented in foo_scroller, not in the UI (it just... fits to this plugin).

Ok, so when I say "centered", I mean something like that:
1. Open playlist with 100 tracks (and resize the window so you can see only 30 of them, or so).
2. Press play on 74th track.
3. Press page up (or something else) so you can't see the currently playing song.
4. Use "Current track -> Focus+Highlight" (from foo_scroller), or double click the status bar.
5. The currently playing (or highlighted, to be more specific) song is (vertically) "centered" on the list of the files.

Now, do the same thing, but with the song that IS VISIBLE on the list (skip point 3):
1. Open playlist...
2. Press play on, let's say, 15th track...
3. Press "next"... press "next" once more..... and "next" again.... and again......
4. As you press "next", the highlight moves to the next song. When the highlight reaches the end of the list of visible tracks (and it's not the end of the playlist), the list "moves up" - and the track is "centered". Then again only the highlight is moving (on "next").

What I want is the option to automatically center the song on the list ("On new track"), no matter if it was visible or not...

request to foo_scroll

Reply #11
Hi musicmusic,

I'm using your great plug-in foo_scroll but there is one small thing I want to suggest:

Your plug-in works great but only if Foobar is not minimized to tray. If I minimize Foobar and open it again later the current track is not selected automatically.

Best regards,
Vegeta
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=239834"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would also appreciate this feature

request to foo_scroll

Reply #12
If that "always centered" feature mixcherry wants, is available in the SDK, I would like to know, because I was looking for that exact feature yesterday. I want it for my own plugin, but agree that it would be a nice feature for foo_scroll too.

request to foo_scroll

Reply #13
Umh... no no no, the thing I'm talking about is much simpler, the only problem is that I can't describe exactly what I want (and it's REALLY simple, trust me )... and I think it should be implemented in foo_scroller, not in the UI (it just... fits to this plugin).

Ok, so when I say "centered", I mean something like that:
1. Open playlist with 100 tracks (and resize the window so you can see only 30 of them, or so).
2. Press play on 74th track.
3. Press page up (or something else) so you can't see the currently playing song.
4. Use "Current track -> Focus+Highlight" (from foo_scroller), or double click the status bar.
5. The currently playing (or highlighted, to be more specific) song is (vertically) "centered" on the list of the files.

Now, do the same thing, but with the song that IS VISIBLE on the list (skip point 3):
1. Open playlist...
2. Press play on, let's say, 15th track...
3. Press "next"... press "next" once more..... and "next" again.... and again......
4. As you press "next", the highlight moves to the next song. When the highlight reaches the end of the list of visible tracks (and it's not the end of the playlist), the list "moves up" - and the track is "centered". Then again only the highlight is moving (on "next").

What I want is the option to automatically center the song on the list ("On new track"), no matter if it was visible or not...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250258"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I said...
or do you mean if it is visible center it anyway?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250229"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My previous reply still stands, I only send a command to the UI to focus a specific item. The UI handles the rest, i.e. deciding whether to center the track or not.

It could be hacked in, by focusing a non-visible item first, but that would work like crap.
Hi musicmusic,

Best regards,
Vegeta
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=239834"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would also appreciate this feature
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250272"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is a limitation of whatever UI you are usiing, not foo_scroll, and so again, this has to be changed in the UI module you are using.

request to foo_scroll

Reply #14
Feature request:
On playlist change: focus the playing track in the new playlist (if present).

Why:
If I'm playing a track in one of my "chart" playlists, I often want to find the album this track belongs to in the "complete albums" playlist. And vice versa. This feature would make it possible to just change to the appropriate playlist to see it, as the current track would be focused if present.

I did this (as a side effect) in one of my own plugins, but I don't use that plugin anymore (never quite finished it either). I could probably make a simple plugin myself, but that would be a single-feature-plugin named foo_scoll_addon or something. Hence I would rather see it as a feature in foo_scroll itself.

Code example of what I want:

Code: [Select]
//on playlist change:
    int idx = playlist_oper::get()->get_now_playing();
    if (idx != -1)
    playlist_oper::get()->set_focus(idx);

Btw: I posted in this thread as it's a kind of "conditional scrolling".

request to foo_scroll

Reply #15
Sorry for reposting here... But I can't seem to get foo_scroll to automatically scroll to my currently playing track.

Total n00b here, any help is greatly appreciated!

request to foo_scroll

Reply #16
Feature request:
On playlist change: focus the playing track in the new playlist (if present).

Why:
If I'm playing a track in one of my "chart" playlists, I often want to find the album this track belongs to in the "complete albums" playlist. And vice versa. This feature would make it possible to just change to the appropriate playlist to see it, as the current track would be focused if present.

I did this (as a side effect) in one of my own plugins, but I don't use that plugin anymore (never quite finished it either). I could probably make a simple plugin myself, but that would be a single-feature-plugin named foo_scoll_addon or something. Hence I would rather see it as a feature in foo_scroll itself.

Code example of what I want:

Code: [Select]
//on playlist change:
    int idx = playlist_oper::get()->get_now_playing();
    if (idx != -1)
    playlist_oper::get()->set_focus(idx);

Btw: I posted in this thread as it's a kind of "conditional scrolling".
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259835"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Im not sure I agree with this feature, but what the hey, Ill add it soon since its so simple, and upload the source code so you can do what you want with foo_scroll..

Sorry for reposting here... But I can't seem to get foo_scroll to automatically scroll to my currently playing track.

Total n00b here, any help is greatly appreciated!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260007"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To use the event based scrolling, you check playlist/scroller/autofocus enabled, and set actions under playlist/scroller/on xxx. It may not work properly if foobar is minimised.

request to foo_scroll

Reply #17
upNorth, I added it to version 0.1.3 (see menu item "Playlists/Scroller/Refocus on playlist switch").

But, it just uses the action you set for "On new track", since I didn't want to add more bloat to the menu. It also obeys "Autofocus requires no selection", I wasn't sure if that would suit you or not, I'll try and sort it out if not.

request to foo_scroll

Reply #18
Nice update, musicmusic! I never actually thought that I needed this option, but now I can't live without it

request to foo_scroll

Reply #19
upNorth, I added it to version 0.1.3 (see menu item "Playlists/Scroller/Refocus on playlist switch").

But, it just uses the action you set for "On new track", since I didn't want to add more bloat to the menu. It also obeys "Autofocus requires no selection", I wasn't sure if that would suit you or not, I'll try and sort it out if not.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260556"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that you added this feature.

There is only one detail I would like to change, and that is that it should be independent of the "On new track" action. Most of the time I don't want anything to happen on_playback_new_track() *. I just want it to kick in when I change playlist. So, I don't want any additions to the menu, just remove that dependence.

I also like the fact that it obeys "Autofocus requires no selection".

Here is an example of what I would like to have checked/eneabled for my everyday use:
-Autofocus enabled
-On new track->Do nothing
-Autofocus requires no selection
-Refocus on playlist switch

* I usually browse around my playlists a lot, for example looking for good tracks, and it's annoying when it suddenly jumps to focus the new track.

request to foo_scroll

Reply #20
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that you added this feature. smile.gif

There is only one detail I would like to change, and that is that it should be independent of the "On new track" action. Most of the time I don't want anything to happen on_playback_new_track() *. I just want it to kick in when I change playlist. So, I don't want any additions to the menu, just remove that dependence.

I also like the fact that it obeys "Autofocus requires no selection".

Here is an example of what I would like to have checked/eneabled for my everyday use:
-Autofocus enabled
-On new track->Do nothing
-Autofocus requires no selection
-Refocus on playlist switch

* I usually browse around my playlists a lot, for example looking for good tracks, and it's annoying when it suddenly jumps to focus the new track.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Okay, I used changed it to do set_focus() like you said in the first place..

[a href="http://music.everywebhost.com/download/foo_scroll.7z]Download[/url]

request to foo_scroll

Reply #21
Perfect, thank you so much!

request to foo_scroll

Reply #22
Hi musicmusic.

First let me say foo_scoll is a wonderful replacement for "follow cursor". Thanks for all the work on it!

A small suggestion: I switch autofocus on and off quite frequently with a keyboard shortcut and never remember if it is currently on or off. A variable like %_autofocus_enabled% would be great. That way we could display the autofocus status e.g. in the status bar where it is always in sight.