Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: JaLCDS, foo_winamp_spam 0.7 and Position (Read 1711 times) previous topic - next topic

JaLCDS, foo_winamp_spam 0.7 and Position

Hi all!

I love this plugin!

I use JaLCDS for my 4x20 LCD and the plugin lets me use foobar (which works beautifully) instead of WinAmp (which - at least on my machine - is a disaster).

I have run into one curious problem:

JaLCDS is able to query WinAmp for the length of the current playlist (for example 10 tracks) and the position of the current song in the plalist (for example, track 4). This function is particularly useful for using my HPTC as a CD player without turning on a monitor.

The two callouts (or arguemnts, or whatever-you-callems) are $winamplistpos§ and $winamplistlength§.

Unfortunately, the WinAmp emulator doesn't seem to recogniye either - they always return 1 (for position) and 0 for length.

Anybody have an idea here - or does anybody know of an even better way of interfacing foobar with my LCD?

Peace,

Mike

JaLCDS, foo_winamp_spam 0.7 and Position

Reply #1
Anybody have an idea here - or does anybody know of an even better way of interfacing foobar with my LCD?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281889"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just in case anyone should run into the same problem: I solved the problem by adding the foobar text output plugin to tackle some lines of the LCD display, while the winamp emulator takes care of the others. JaLCDS has a an excellent text file reader.

Cheers,

Mike