Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Play Counter (Read 341779 times) previous topic - next topic

Play Counter

Reply #575
Hello. I'm really new to foobar2000 when it comes to title formatting. i dont know shit
So i've read almost all of your messages and you help people with this %play_date% and stud.

This is what i want. just so show play count of the songs.
I've got foobar2000 by default and i want the playcount next to the songlength.
I tried this plugin for 0.9 version, worked great but i can't get it to work on my 0.8.3 version.

Please just post a simple command that i can copy and paste into the Title Formatting->Playlist

Play Counter

Reply #576
I get the feeling that my play coutner isn't working properly.  In my Playlist Tree, I have a $add(%play_count%,%play_counter%) being displayed, and I tested my theory by playing a song and then letting the tree update... the displayed play count didn't increase at all.  There's an album that I've listened to at least 10 times with my latest installation of foobar 0.9, and most of the playcounts are showing up as 1.

I had the default playcount.dll for awhile, but a few hours ago I replaced it with the one on the previous page.  Am I not getting all the play count data that I need to be getting?  Is there some stored somewhere else?

Edit: My count data now seems to be updating, but since I had a playcount component before (the default for 0.9), I should have data for that period of time, which I seem to be missing.  How should I access it?

Play Counter

Reply #577
Will anything new happen to it or has development stopped?

Play Counter

Reply #578
Hello. I'm really new to foobar2000 when it comes to title formatting. i dont know shit
So i've read almost all of your messages and you help people with this %play_date% and stud.

This is what i want. just so show play count of the songs.
I've got foobar2000 by default and i want the playcount next to the songlength.
I tried this plugin for 0.9 version, worked great but i can't get it to work on my 0.8.3 version.

Please just post a simple command that i can copy and paste into the Title Formatting->Playlist

try: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=41576

Play Counter

Reply #579
Is it possible write play count info to external database. i don't want to write that info to files because it messes files when i run sfv check.

Play Counter

Reply #582
Hi,

I have tried to use this plugin all night. I can get the last played part to work but not the total played. I am using foobar 0.9.2 and the official counter as well as Navigator_1.4.3 for the layout. Any help would be appreciated.

Play Counter

Reply #583
Look into the file preferences, in order to see, whether the played file's tag is updated? The tag used by the "official"-playcount-component is different from this one's. That's propably, why Navigator won't show it?!

Play Counter

Reply #584
Look into the file preferences, in order to see, whether the played file's tag is updated? The tag used by the "official"-playcount-component is different from this one's. That's propably, why Navigator won't show it?!

Okay, I changed it to the counter that came with Navigator, and none of the songs are being counted.

The way I have foobar set up is a plain 0.9.2 installation with Navigator imported and arranged to show the explorer tree on the left and the columns playlist on the right (I assume that is the main screen that shows songs being played and queued). I loaded the directory with my music by the under the Media Library.

I am not very good at this as I am not good at coding but I am pretty sure I am following what I should be doing. How some of you can come up with these elaborate designs is beyond me...

Play Counter

Reply #585
With new version of foobar - 9.3 beta 1, this plugin not work.

Tags play_counter and last_played  not refresh  now.

On foobar exit  I see next warning "metadb_handle leaks: 1 objects" and then "Runtime error! Program

c:\program files\foobar200.exe. R605 - pure virtual function call"

Play Counter

Reply #586
pIv i have the same error 8\

Play Counter

Reply #587
I have problems making the last play date work in my 0.9.3. With 0.8.3 I use the following code line. How to make it work with the new %last_played%.

Code: [Select]
A0A0A0  FFFFFFLast played:A0A0A0$if(%play_date%,' '$left(%play_date%,2).$substr(%play_date%,3,4).$right(%play_date%,2)' A0A0A0atA0A0A0 '$left(%play_time%,2):$substr(%play_time%,3,4),' never played')$char(10)

Color codes make the code line look quite chaotic but I think you can read it.

It looked like this when it worked in 0.8.3.

Thanks for your help.

Play Counter

Reply #588
I have problems making the last play date work in my 0.9.3. With 0.8.3 I use the following code line. How to make it work with the new %last_played%.

Code: [Select]
A0A0A0  FFFFFFLast played:A0A0A0$if(%play_date%,' '$left(%play_date%,2).$substr(%play_date%,3,4).$right(%play_date%,2)' A0A0A0atA0A0A0 '$left(%play_time%,2):$substr(%play_time%,3,4),' never played')$char(10)

Color codes make the code line look quite chaotic but I think you can read it.

It looked like this when it worked in 0.8.3.

Thanks for your help.
play_time and play_date are not used anymore, that is why it doesn't work.

The tags that are used now are first_played last_played and play_counter.

I don't know what new tag corresponds with the old tags (if the do at all)

Play Counter

Reply #589

Yes I know they're not used anymore.

And the play counter tag is %play_count% nowadays, not %play_counter%.

I have tried to replace play_date tags with last_played tags but it didn't work.

Play Counter

Reply #590

Yes I know they're not used anymore.

And the play counter tag is %play_count% nowadays, not %play_counter%.

I have tried to replace play_date tags with last_played tags but it didn't work.
Technically we are both correct about the playcount tag, the official one uses %play_count% where as the unofficial one uses %play_counter%.

Play Counter

Reply #591
Technically we are both correct about the playcount tag, the official one uses %play_count% where as the unofficial one uses %play_counter%.

Yes I use the official one.

If someone knows how to make last played work properly with the official plug in then please tell me.

Thanks for the help.

Play Counter

Reply #592

Yes I use the official one.

If someone knows how to make last played work properly with the official plug in then please tell me.

Thanks for the help.

I won't write it out for you, but I'll give you a big hint. The current %last_played% is probably the same as %play_date% %play_time% in your script. Assuming that the date and time that you're using is in the same format as it is now, you would add 9 to each number under %play_time% and replace %play_time% and %play_date% with %last_played%.

Play Counter

Reply #593
hi there

i've got the same problem. the counter doesn't work anymore with fb2k v.0.9.3.
is there any possibility to fix this, or do i have to change all my tags (which would be very annoying) and use the official version?

thanks 4 help

Play Counter

Reply #595
hi there

is there any possibility to fix this, or do i have to change all my tags (which would be very annoying) and use the official version?

thanks 4 help

You won't have to change your tags to use the offical version. The official play counter actually accumulates the %play_counter% tag into it's own play_count to give you a combined play count. I can only think of two reasons to use the unofficial play counter:
1. first_played tag
2. Customizability

Play Counter

Reply #596

hi there

thanks 4 help

You won't have to change your tags to use the offical version. The official play counter actually accumulates the %play_counter% tag into it's own play_count to give you a combined play count. I can only think of two reasons to use the unofficial play counter:
1. first_played tag
2. Customizability

thank you both for the fast answer. i'll try the official play counter and try to find a way to display both infos in my column.

EDIT: ok, that won't be necessary  as i noticed. thanks anyway

Play Counter

Reply #597
Today I stumbled upon a problem with playcount an ID3V2-Tags:
When playcount updates the currently played MP3 the tags Artist, Year, Genre, Track and AlbumArt are deleted
But only in the ID3V2-Tag. The informations in the ID3V1-Tag are unmodified. 
At least Tag&Rename says so. foobar of course still has all the informations stored when i click on "File info"

Update: Ok, this seems to be a problem with Tag&Rename. I just tried "MP3Tag" and it shows the "missing" informations 

Play Counter

Reply #598
Today I stumbled upon a problem with playcount an ID3V2-Tags:
When playcount updates the currently played MP3 the tags Artist, Year, Genre, Track and AlbumArt are deleted
But only in the ID3V2-Tag. The informations in the ID3V1-Tag are unmodified. 
At least Tag&Rename says so. foobar of course still has all the informations stored when i click on "File info"

Update: Ok, this seems to be a problem with Tag&Rename. I just tried "MP3Tag" and it shows the "missing" informations 

I simply turned off ID3V1 tags in all my mp3s  The problem is that a lot of seemingly ID3V2 tags are actually interpolated data from ID3V1 when not existing in V2, making it seem like you have ID3V2 tags.