Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Play Counter (Read 342398 times) previous topic - next topic

Play Counter

Reply #525
i'm also looking for a copy.  i will temporarily host it if anyone can kindly send to sauce</at>notamused</dot>org

thanks

Play Counter

Reply #527
Hey the Plugin on the Beta Site for 0.9 Beta 14 doesn't work for me, it just doesnt count. What's wrong?

Play Counter

Reply #528
It isn't the same thing as the plugin in this thread.

Play Counter

Reply #529
foo_playcount 1.7.8 *TEST VERSION* (May 18 2005)

1) Changed PLAY_STAMP so that it writes each stamp to the same field seperated by a ";" character.

@ above, no worries, was just a little concerned + I've had a bad day, so I may have come off a little harsh, sorry.

Edit: Have removed PLAY_STAMP from the available stable 1.7.6 version so that users who get it from the plugins site will get only the stable features.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=298518"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

is this the latest version or is there a newer somewere else?

edit: nevermind.. didn't read the most recent posts so well

Play Counter

Reply #530
sorry, could anybody tell me where to find a working version of play counter for my version 8.3 ?

Play Counter

Reply #531
So are we going to see a new port for version .9?

I love me some play counter.

Play Counter

Reply #532
yeah, play counter is an important plug-in for me. not having this plug-in for .9 is the main reason why i still primarily use .83.

Play Counter

Reply #533
and why don't you use the playback statistics component? One of the fields is the number of times it has been played

Play Counter

Reply #534
and why don't you use the playback statistics component? One of the fields is the number of times it has been played
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376742"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, because I didn't know about it. Is it something built in or another plug-in?

Play Counter

Reply #535
and why don't you use the playback statistics component?

because our previous play counts are useless with their component?

Play Counter

Reply #536

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376763"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm using this:
$add(%play_counter%,%play_count%)
to combine the two values
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Play Counter

Reply #537

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376763"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm using this:
to combine the two values
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376931"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah thats what im using, last_played doesn't want to work nice tho, it seems to automatically check for a tag called last_played present, if its there, it will use it instead of the playback stats component added one.

Play Counter

Reply #538
I'm using this:
to combine the two values[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376931"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks. This works. 

Play Counter

Reply #539
Where does that plugin store the playback information? I can't see any tags for that, and I'ld like that info to be in tags, because it's less likely that something bad happens to all my music then one database file (and if something bad happens with all my music I have far bigger problems then lost playback info).

Play Counter

Reply #540
I'm using this:
to combine the two values[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376931"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks. This works. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376976"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Where to add?

Play Counter

Reply #541
I'm using this:

Thanks. This works. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376976"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Where to add?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377057"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Columns UI / Playlist view / Columns..

either make a new column or add it to a previous one

Play Counter

Reply #542
i guess i wont be using 0.9 untill there is a way to copy the old statistics..

Play Counter

Reply #543
why don't you use masstagger and copy all play_counter tags to play_count tags?

Play Counter

Reply #544
Where does that plugin store the playback information? I can't see any tags for that...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377046"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That would be very interesting for me, too!

Play Counter

Reply #545
Where does that plugin store the playback information? I can't see any tags for that, and I'ld like that info to be in tags, because it's less likely that something bad happens to all my music then one database file (and if something bad happens with all my music I have far bigger problems then lost playback info).

Where does that plugin store the playback information? I can't see any tags for that...

That would be very interesting for me, too!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377352"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

IIRC the plugin stores the information in the foobar config file, also IIRC the plugin wasn't really intended for actual everyday use, it was created as more of a proof of concept that plugins could store info to external files.

Play Counter

Reply #546
why don't you use masstagger and copy all play_counter tags to play_count tags?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377348"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

New PC plugin developed by Peter stores its statistics in foobar2000.cfg, not in the database. I don't know what will happen when you masstag your _files_ with play_count tag, but I suppose you won't be too satisfied with the result

Play Counter

Reply #547
Since the official playback statistics plugin stores the playcount information in something as corruptable as the foobar2000.cfg, I renew my request for someone to port this plugin over.

Play Counter

Reply #548
... something as corruptable as the foobar2000.cfg ...[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377408"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
  So you prefer an external sql database or do you want to have the playback statistics tagged to your files?

Play Counter

Reply #549
... something as corruptable as the foobar2000.cfg ...[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377408"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
  So you prefer an external sql database or do you want to have the playback statistics tagged to your files?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377411"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I mentioned this in another post, but I think it should store it in a file completely seperate from everything else. I also think that someone should figure out how to import the mySQL and tag-related stuff into this plugin's storage, which would be amazingly useful.