Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Play Counter (Read 341758 times) previous topic - next topic

Play Counter

Reply #125
Uh, I don't know if this is a problem for anyone else, it could be just me, but if foobar isn't the window in focus, the playcount doesn't update itself.  It isn't a major issue, just a minor inconvenience.  Thanks.

Play Counter

Reply #126
Uh, I don't know if this is a problem for anyone else, it could be just me, but if foobar isn't the window in focus, the playcount doesn't update itself.  It isn't a major issue, just a minor inconvenience.  Thanks.

I don't get this problem here.

Make sure the file is in the database if you have it set to ignore files not in the database.

Play Counter

Reply #127
QUOTE (studentism @ Jun 25 2004, 08:09 PM)
Uh, I don't know if this is a problem for anyone else, it could be just me, but if foobar isn't the window in focus, the playcount doesn't update itself. It isn't a major issue, just a minor inconvenience. Thanks.

I don't see that here either.  In fact, 90% of the time, fb2k is minimized to the systray for me.

Of course... that doesn't mean something weird isn't happening... just that without being able to reproduce it, chances are next to nothing I'd be able to fix it.
Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.  - Dennis Miller

Play Counter

Reply #128
Hm, fooling around with it a little more, I've discovered that it's doing it selectively, which leads me to believe it's related to something else other than just the window being out of focus (although when it is in focus, it updates every time).  I guess I'll fiddle around with it a little more and see if I can figure it out.  Thanks.

Play Counter

Reply #129
tboehrer:

I've got a small feature request.  Could you add some shortcuts to increment/decrement [I only need increment, but for sake of completeness, decrement would be good] the playcounter?  I'd like to be able to assign a hotkey to do this so I can change my play counter easily. 

The reason I'm interested is that I put some of my music on my work computer, but I'd like to easily update the PC's on my home computer.  I doubt that this would take too much work, and I'd certainly appreciate it =]

Thanks!

Play Counter

Reply #130
I've got a small feature request.  Could you add some shortcuts to increment/decrement... I'd like to be able to assign a hotkey to do this so I can change my play counter easily.

You can do this by using musicmusic's Quick Tag.

Make a new item, enter "PLAY_COUNTER" as the Field Name, "$add(%play_counter%,1)" as the Value, and be sure to check "Use value string to titleformat track for actual value". It'll then become available in the context menu where you can also assign your keyboard shortcut. Cheers.
f to c to f to c

Play Counter

Reply #131
Silverbolt,

Thanks for the advice, I wasn't aware of that plugin =]  Works just fine, no need to add that feature now, unless you really want to 

Play Counter

Reply #132
@Neksus
Thanks formirroring the foo_playcount file! The "official" download link has been quite hopeless during the last two hours...

Play Counter

Reply #133
Does anybody use Playcounter for it's cue files? I have a problem to get my cue files updated with the REM Play_counter tags! My questions in "foo_cue_ex" plugin thread can't be solved or reproduced.

thanks & ciao

Play Counter

Reply #134
Wow it "just works" without me doing anything or making any attempt to learn abou tit.  Thanks for the great plugin

Play Counter

Reply #135
one feature request: could you make an option for songs with a lower playcount have a higher chance of being played under random order?
it would imo make this plugin complete. other than that, awesome plugin. just what i was looking for.

Play Counter

Reply #136
one feature request: could you make an option for songs with a lower playcount have a higher chance of being played under random order?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224896"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think this can not be done through the playcounter plugin, cause the random play order is arranged by the core (if "arrange" is the right word, when talking about "randomize").

If you wanna hear songs with a less playcount, why not "Generate" a playlist and reverse sort by playcount?

Play Counter

Reply #137
id prefer it be automated.
not worth it otherwise imo. :\

Play Counter

Reply #138
id prefer it be automated.
not worth it otherwise imo. :\
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224926"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Which leads to, in my opinion, the most required (read: lacking) feature in fb2k - that is, auto-playlists. You define a query and whenever you launch fb2k, or click "refesh", it updates the playlist.
"There is no point in saving WAV... unless you have a huge HD in a very slow computer" - Jan S. (WAV or FLAC, Space No Problem)

Play Counter

Reply #139
Which leads to, in my opinion, the most required (read: lacking) feature in fb2k - that is, auto-playlists. You define a query and whenever you launch fb2k, or click "refesh", it updates the playlist.

Wrong thread for this reply, but...

The next version of the Extended Playlist Generator will probably have the "refresh on reload" option.  While it's not as easy as "clicking refresh", the Ext. Playlist Generator has presets which allow you to quickly regen a playlist already.
Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.  - Dennis Miller

Play Counter

Reply #140
Hi. Is there something wrong with the binary download link on p1 of this thread? It downloads well, but on execution the file says "This is not a valid Win32 application".

[EDIT] Yes, got it. For some reason, Opera suggests saving the file as .exe, but it's actually a .dll file. If I rename it to .dll, it works.

Play Counter

Reply #141
I've been having problems with this plugin writing tag information to .ogg files? It only works the first time, after that it spits out some errors and can't start any further music streams, so I have to restart foobar. Very odd.

Any clues?

Play Counter

Reply #142
Just to be sure: this plugin extends ID3 tags with three new fields?
If so, is it possible to easily remove these tags again after you've used them?

Another question: if I put all my files in one playlist, how do I sort them by playcount?
So the most played file will appear at the top of the list, and the less played file at the bottom.

Thanks for your great plugin!

Play Counter

Reply #143
Another question: if I put all my files in one playlist, how do I sort them by playcount?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255338"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you're using Column UI, make a column for rating and click on the header of this column.

Anyway to sort if by playcount you can do it with this with 'Custom sort' under preferences:
Code: [Select]
$num(%play_counter%,4)

Or another easy way with Extended PLaylist Generator:
Query: play_counter GREATER 0
Search What: Database
Sort spec: $num(%play_counter%,4) (click on 'reverse')

Play Counter

Reply #144
So the most played file will appear at the top of the list, and the less played file at the bottom.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255338"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
From the main menu, choose "Playlist/Sort/Sort by...", enter "$num($sub(9999,%play_count%),4)", click OK. Works without any additional components (apart from foo_playcount of course).

Play Counter

Reply #145
Or, %__play_count% if you use my version.

Play Counter

Reply #146
Can anyone tell me how I could convert a play_date of DDMMYY and a play_time of HHMMSS to MM/DD/YY and HH:MM:SS

So for example, right now my play_date field looks like 230904, and i'd like it to be 09/23/04.  My play_time field looks like 171852, and i'd like that to be 17:18:52.

I've looked at the string in a previous post, but im not sure if there's a way i can change it, or if it will even work at all for me. 

$ifgreater($substr(%play_date%,5,6),20,19$substr(%play_date%,5,6),20$substr(%play_date,5,6)).
$substr(%play_date%,3,4).$substr(%play_date%,1,2) -
$substr(%play_time%,1,2):$substr(%play_time%,3,4)

Any help would be appreciated.

Play Counter

Reply #147
Can anyone tell me how I could convert a play_date of DDMMYY and a play_time of HHMMSS to MM/DD/YY and HH:MM:SS[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255831"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[$substr(%play_date%,3,4)/$left(%play_date%,2)/$right(%play_date%,2)]
[ - $left(%play_time%,2):$substr(%play_time%,3,4):$right(%play_time%,2)]
f to c to f to c

Play Counter

Reply #149
Hi,

I've been toying with the playcount for the database explorer panel, and somehow I've been able to make it sort for the number of times played, but I would also like to be able to select the top 50 most played songs or the top 50 most played artists (or something like that). Is it possible to add that through some format string?

Currently I have the following line in the preferences:
By Playcount|$if(%play_counter%,%play_counter%)

Now the panel looks like:
[-] - All Music
__[+] - By album
__[+] - ...
__[-] - By playcount
_______1
_______2
_______etc...

I'ld like it to become something like:
[-] - All Music
__[+] - By album
__[+] - ...
__[-] - By playcount
_______Top 50 songs
_______Top 50 artists
_______1
_______2
_______etc...

I'm not sure wether this is the right place to ask it, since it's also a lot about the database explorer panel, but off course also the paycount plug-in.
But all help is appreciated, I'ld love to see this work.