Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: request: multiple audio output based on playlist (Read 1929 times) previous topic - next topic

request: multiple audio output based on playlist

Hi zZz,

I was wondering if it wouldnt be a nice challenge for you and something useful for others to implement multiple outputs based on the playlist ...

when you right click on a tab-playlist, you would have this new option named "select output hardware" ... if you have multiple sound card (like me), it could be interesting ...

blah, this might just be a waste of time since you can always start multiple instance of foobar2000 in different directories'n configurations  but I just thought I would throw the idea in the air and see what it will bring

peace
  nIRV

edit: you would have to permit multiple playlist playing at the same time ... so moving the whole playback system into the playlist in itself ... this concept could become interesting even for one soundcard ...

Reply #1
I was wondering if it wouldnt be a nice challenge for you and something useful for others to implement multiple outputs based on the playlist ...

when you right click on a tab-playlist, you would have this new option named "select output hardware" ... if you have multiple sound card (like me), it could be interesting

I just wonder where some people are finding so strange ideas...
Why do you think it would be usefull at all? Even if I have 2 sound cards, why would I need each playlist being played by other card? What's a purpose of that?

Reply #2
one sound card is used to output sound to a resto, and the other one is for my personnal ears ...

but I could see a dj wanting to have two playlist with two different output and do mix with them using his console ...

Reply #3
it would also be useful for recording digital out to minidisc units while listening to another bit of music, as minidisc records at 1x it can be inconvinient at times.