Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Optimized compiles not anymore? (Read 2372 times) previous topic - next topic

Optimized compiles not anymore?

Case released processor optimized ICL compiles of some foobar2000 .DLLs (foo_dsp_extra & foo_input_std). They aren't available from his site anymore :-(
So my question is:
will there be any more optimized compiles for 0.8? (& possible future foobar2000 versions) As they're significanty faster as unoptimized ones ...

Narag

Reply #1
As they're significanty faster as unoptimized ones ...

I must say that the difference in speed isn't that big, and it becomes negligible when dithering is used. The crical parts of the code are already done in assembler, so using icl doesn't have that much effect.

See, for example, Foobar2000 speed tests page.

Reply #2
Thanks Moneo,
I did the comparison long time ago and I thought (that time) that the difference was really bigger

Did the SpecFOO2003 make it for a plugin, btw?

Reply #3
Did the SpecFOO2003 make it for a plugin, btw?

The speed measurements have been done with the speed meter diskwriter output, if this is what you're asking about.