Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_looks v2.1 (Read 475465 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #800
Hadda this Foopilot One skin is AMAZING!! I love the mouse guestures instead of the winamp-style 20-button skins. It's so nice and simple yet it lets you do anything you want! I'd love to be able to change the font size on the playlist (or change the size of the playlist window) but other than that I can't think of a better skin!

Thanks for extending the functionality of foobar with this great skin.

Nic

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #801
Hi. Big thanks .

Foopilot now is stock becouse i do not have much time letely.Graphical instruction and new version is almost finished. I waiting for new graphics from Berro for new simply old buttons and new graphics for colums_ui buttons with foopilot style. Then i will make new thread of foopilot finall.  So everyone who like foopilot just wait two weeks. Now i do not planing to make in PL columns or v-resize.
But first i develop instruction next week in this thread.

Regards all Hadda

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #802
Thanks for all the work you both have put in this Hadda! I will be looking forward to what you guys will be cooking up.

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #803
Foo Pilot is indeed amazing.

Does anyone know what the status of foo_looks is? Is there any continuing development? Is the developer still around? With the main sites ethier down or not updated in a year, I begin to wonder what its future will hold....? Does anyone have the source to it?

Foobar and its components are amazing, but there is a large amount of disorginization in this community. The "offical" plugin site is not linked to anywhere on the main foobar page, and is missing many components. Why must I search through 30 page forum threads for something like this?

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #804
This was brought up in previous threads, and most of us agreed that the developer has pretty much left this project. The future of foo_looks isnt all that bright with very few skin developers apart from Hadda. Atm there is a new plugin which from memory i think is called gfx, a skinning plugin which you may want to give a try. I however will stick to Hadda's all too functional graphite skin
Thanks Hadda for all the work you put into your skins. Its only when u attempt to make one that u realise how difficult it really is .

Ed

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #805
Oh I agree, I will stick with Hadda's amazing skin as well, but its sad that Foo_looks is dead, thanks for confirming what I had already thought.

When will a fully functional, skinnable interface replacement be made? The world may never know.

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #806
Question

it is possible to copy value, for exemple

fb2k_formatTitle(fb2k_playlistGetFocus(),"%artist%",)

to CLIPBOARD ?

thanks
Music is my first love.

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #807
Question

it is possible to copy value, for exemple

fb2k_formatTitle(fb2k_playlistGetFocus(),"%artist%",)

to CLIPBOARD ?

thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272172"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I do not trayed this but maybe this will work :
Thi will do not what You wont but copy selected song(s) info to clipard

Code: [Select]
fb2k_menuCommand("Playback/Copy name(s)")

This only copy selected song(s) info not only artist. Maybe you should run from foobar something like this:
look_shellExec( fb2k_formatTitle(fb2k_playlistGetFocus(),"copy_to_clipard %artist%"),'Open')

But i do not know how from comand line copy text to the clipboard. So if You will know just replace copy_to_clipard  maybe will work.

Sorry all for late with instruction and update thah i promised. I have so much work and i must lern so many thinks in my work. I waiting for little breathe to write part of code to skin.

Regards
Hadda

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #808
So this is only work instructions (not oficial even alpha ) but you can discover some functional. Sory for my english but i write it so fast. This instruction is for dual foopilot one.

1) MAIN KEY

This key offers many functions and can even be configured to offer more. For now and in the original configuration this key provides the

following functions:

(Please note that you can cancel all function calls by clicking the other mouse button - as long as the mouse button calling the function is

still pressed.)

LMB = Left Mouse Button
RMB = Right Mouse Button

a) [LMB single click]
(L) Play

b) [RMB single click]
® Pause on/off

c) [LMB double click]
(D) Stop

d) [LMB click, drag right short, release]
(L->) Play next

e) [LMB click, drag left short, release]
(<-L) Play previous

f) [LMB click, drag right long, release]
(L- ->) Jump next (5 tracks)

g) [LMB click, drag left long, release]
(<- -L) Jump previous (5 tracks)

h) [LMB click, drag upward, release]
(L ^|^) Show foobar preferences ('hide' not implemeted yet)

i) [LMB click, drag downward, release]
(L v|v) Show/Hide foobar main window

j) [RMB click, drag upward, release]
(R ^|^) Show foobar equalizer

k) [RMB click, drag downward, release]
(R v|v) Close foobar

l) Mouse wheel
(W) can be used to change volume.

m) [RMB click, drag right short, release]
(R ->) Next album (next directory when album is unknown)

m) [RMB click, drag left short, release]
(<--R) Previous album (previous  directory when album is unknown)

n) [LMB click, drag downward long, release]
(L v|vv) open file

o) [LMB click, drag downward super long, release]
(L v|vvv) open CD

p) [LMB click, drag right super long, release]
(L- - ->) random

Both buttons can be configured by editing "!ok_phone_tweak.cfg". For now (R->) (R- ->) (<-R) (<- -R) are unused and can be configured to

fullfil one of the implemented functions. All button functions can be changed (except for a),b) and c)), but only for now. This config offer

more than basic functions (like next in history ).

2) VOLUME AREA

a) (LMB click) Change volume

b) (LMB double click) Change volume fast (ignores foobar buffer; may cause some static)

d) (RMB click) Mute / Unmute (this mute ignores foobar buffer too)

e) (Wheel rotate) Volume up/down

3) DISPLAY AND PROGRESS BAR

a) (LMB click) Jump within the song playing

b) (RMB click) Show/hide extended infos

4) DRAG BUTTON

The drag button can be used to move Foopilot One (FO) or to (de-)activate its 'auto hide mode'. In 'auto hide mode' it will hide itself when

a different window is focussed and unhide when you move the mouse cursor over the general area of the player.

a) (LMB click, drag) Move FO

b) (RMB click) Hide mode on/off

c) (Wheel rotate) this will change graphical mode (from blue to graphit and back) [this future is allowed from RC1 not now]

The colour indicates whether the Foopilot One window is focussed or not and whether hide mode (HM) is turned on or off.

(Blue) FO is focussed and HM is off
(Red) FO is focussed and HM is on
(Yellow) FO is not focussed and HM is off
(Grey) FO is not focussed and HM is on (and about to hide)

5) (LMB drag) This area is just drag extended info

6) (LMB click) Open file [in future this will show open menu]

7) (LMB click) Open CD

8) (LMB click) Show playlist

(RMB click) Show list of playlist

(Wheel rotate) next/previous playlist

9) (LMB click) show info about played song and set it on focus

(RMB click) show info about focused song

10) (RMB/LMB click) change order

(Wheel rotate) next/previous order

11) (LMB click) about info

12) (LMB click) minimize playlist to 9 position (or another info)

13) (LMB click) maximize playlist up to size playlist or screen size or 80 positions (max allowed)

14) (LMB click) hide playlist (or next info)

15) (LMB click) go to position

(RMB click) go to focused

(Double LMB click) go to now playing

16) (LMB click) file info (and set focused)

(RMB click) big art info

(when you relese button back to playlist)

17) (LMB click) set focused

(RMB click) context menu

(Double LMB click) play this song

18) (Double LMB click) swith big art to small and back

(Wheel rotate) next/previous image in directory

19) (Double LMB click / RMB click) conext menu

20) streach playlist
(this button will have diode and can will switch playlist style. In this area will be alowed to see hidding mode about playlist independent

from main bar and olso playlist can be glued to main bar)

Playlist and main bar have basic keyboard support
[F3/j] search
[arrows] go up or down
[relese arrow and then push space and hold] go up continued (this way is becouse foo_looks don't allow do this simpler)
[enter] play focused
[i/shift+i] info/big info

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #809
Does anybody know how to change the number of bands on the spectrum sprite after its initial declaration?

I have a little script on a skin I'm changing around that moves and resizes the spectrum given a certain event, but I also want to change the value of "int bands" from 10 to 20.

sprite declaration (from memory, so I don't remember the location numbers):

sprite spectrum
list rect { ... }
list srcoff int { ... }
int bands 10

and then the script that is called on the window event:

look_setVisible(spectrum,false)
look_setEnabled(spectrum,false)
look_setX(spectrum, ...)
look_setY(spectrum, ...)
look_setWidth(spectrum, ...)
look_setHeight(spectrum, ...)
look_setEnabled(spectrum,true)
look_setVisible(spectrum,true)

There is no "setBands()" mutator or "setValue(sprite,valName,newVal)" or anything like that in foo_looks as far as I know, and I can't simply create another sprite, it won't work without the reserved name "spectrum," so I'm out of ideas.  If anybody knows what else I can try, it'd be helpful :)

Thanks.

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #811
Hadda...

I'm not sure I understand.  Unless the sprite is called "spectrum" it won't display the visualization, and I can't have two sprites with the same name, it'll just be a redeclaration of the first.  Unless there's some way to get the spectrum to display without using the "spectrum" sprite name, and I just don't know about it.

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #812
@jhupton:

mhm I did not used any time spectrum. But this problem can be solved (if name is importand) by call next skin in script. If your code is not complicated . Make secound skin with differend spectrum and run it when you wont to change spectrum.
in your skin with spectrum 10 use comand:
fb2k_menuCommand('Components/Look/Looks/skin_spectrum20.ski')
and in same place in spectrum 20 use this with spectrum 10.

I'm using this trick in my skin. If you wont to save some varibles this can be more complicated. (I'm using for it create playlist with interesting values, this playlist have key (for example "val##:" in name and rest values), when next skin is loading searching in playlists this key, change values and delete playlist.)

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #813
I'd like to see a skin like this.
Nice amount of info (what's playing, what's next, what just played.)
Gives the file info (rate, type, size, length)
Ability to rate on a 1-5 scale if you want.
The playback control is clear (to me anyway).

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #815
Whoops, I bumped the old thread before seeing that a new one was started -.-;
New look:

Aero has updated his AeroAmp look which should work with any Winamp 2.X skin (provided you extract the assets from the zip file) with only slight modifications (fonts, colors, etc.).

AeroAmp
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=173806"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Erm, anyone have a valid URL to this?

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #816
man its been a while since anything has happened in the foo_looks department.
I have a feeling development has (finally) ceased, although im not sure what Hadda is up to atm. You'd be hardpressed to find many working links for foo_look skins (except for hadda's or course)
Hadda if your still around..are you still creating skins??
If only we could find a new developer for this....its a shame this is going to waste

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #818
First of all, I really love what foo_looks+foopilot does to foobar. Great work!

One thing I miss in foopilot is to be able to set hide mode on as default, I guess that it's possible to change one of the configfiles to do that but that's how long it goes. If someone feel they have some time to help me I would be really happy!

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #819
First of all, I really love what foo_looks+foopilot does to foobar. Great work!

One thing I miss in foopilot is to be able to set hide mode on as default, I guess that it's possible to change one of the configfiles to do that but that's how long it goes. If someone feel they have some time to help me I would be really happy!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305473"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks.

Try edit files : !ok_phone_tweak.cfg and !ok_phone_tweak_2.cfg to change conf.
But newest version of foopilot one remember last configuration.

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #820
is Foo_looks support v0.9beta yet??

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #821
is Foo_looks support v0.9beta yet??[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=308429"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The developer, danZ , was last active on the 7th of July 2004 at 01:03 PM...

For short:
foo_looks is dead.

To my knowledge, he never released the source.

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #822
Gah, damn. Anyone managed to contact him?

foo_looks v2.1

Reply #823
foo_looks doesn't work with foobar 0.9 ???
Then I'll have to stay with foobar 0.8.3 till the end of days.

I think i can live with 0.8.3, BUT I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT FOO_LOOKS - my daily inspiration.